1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Non-laser scanned official tracks planned?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mtz.enjoi, May 13, 2017.

1. elyess

elyess Racer

imo paul ricard and vir aren't that great... rfactor modded tracks are way better than assetto's one

2. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

You, sir, deserve the laugh of the day-award. Congratulations.

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Maybe he mean the versions people have ripped from "another game" :D

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  4. Thiago Moya

Thiago Moya Rookie

Hey guys.

For me the most difference between modded non-laser scanned tracks to AC original tracks are the track bumps.
    Some modded track are very very good with graphics and a lot of details, but many tracks seems like a "pool table", without bumps, this is very bad. :(

5. mtz.enjoi

mtz.enjoi Racer

its not because they are modded tho.. its because the are modded badly.

high quality mods also contain a detail physics track mesh, a lot of modders "forget" about or do it without the needed passion i assume.

Thiago Moya likes this.
  6. Thiago Moya

Thiago Moya Rookie

Yeap, I agree with you.

I have a question for you guys, what is the best addon tracks that we have to AC? (or some good tracks)

7. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

The top of the top for me are (in no particular order):
    Bridgehampton, Riverside, Poznań, Donington, VIR, Thomson, NJMP, Lucca Ring, Paul Ricard (don't like the track itself, but the quality is great).
    Track history, layout, popularity aside, just considering the quality of the mod every one of those are good enough to be put in AC by KS, IMO of course.

Szymik and Thiago Moya like this.
  8. LilSki

LilSki Alien

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  9. Thiago Moya

Thiago Moya Rookie

Guys, thanks for the help, i really appreciate it!

Found Estoril and Algarve, both seems good. :)

10. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

ok Thiago, if you then want to identify the good tracks from the riff raff, you then compare those 2 tracks you chose, compare them to the afore mentioned tracks.

11. Thiago Moya

Thiago Moya Rookie

I've tested these two tracks, the graphics are good, but the track are so weird, no bumps, don´t like it.
    Poland track is VERY good. :)

12. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

The important key concept that limit our pool of traks is "Licence". But is so mutch expansive the cost for tracks like Bathurst or Suzuka? How much it is Suzuka? Let us say 20.00$? Kunos acquire the licence, laserscan the track and sell the relative DLC. I'de buy this DLC at any price. I apologize for the extreme banalization

13. I've lost most of the hope for new upcoming LS tracks, it's like I've got only 10% hope for that becoming a fact. They only hint and hint more cars coming...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

14. No, Suzuka must be much much more than that, around 30.000 is the cost of most available tracks already iirc

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

15. Thiago Moya

Thiago Moya Rookie

After tihs last DLC, we difinitely needs more tracks.

More 3 to 5 Official tracks until the end of year, will take Assetto Corsa to another level of sim. :)

16. mtz.enjoi

mtz.enjoi Racer

that is a pretty naive comment. 3-5 official tracks until the end of the year are absolutely unrealistic and not at all the point of this thread mate

17. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Racer

It's becoming clear quickly that AC needs more high end tracks... It has the best physics/FFB out there, and lots of cars. Now, they can focus on improving the sounds (hire fonsecker), and adding laser scanned tracks while improving the multiplayer UI.

If the track license is too expensive, do like Race Room Experience, scan less known European or East European or American tacks.