1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Not here y

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zzcan, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Zzcan

Zzcan Gamer

Think we should start what will be a long list of things that should be here as the game is masquerading as a sim when it's really far from it I will start the ball rolling with ten of many.
    1. Telemetry ..... I will be gentle and list this as one thing when in fact on other sims its dozens tyres brakes,section times
    2.. Set up saving
    3 Seat adjustment
    4 Rain
    5. Nighttime
    6. Radio
    7. Wipers
    8. Lights
    9. Proper finish to race
    10. Gears at the start of race

Also I'm finding the totally useless big car damage thing that appears on the left for just long enough 4 u to crash quite funny now
    I expect a ban know so goodbye all and I still hope but I'm not hopeful it gets sorted. It's such a shame as I do think with more effort and less greed it could have challenged p cars on console. But as it stands it's nothing short of pathetic and is in no way a sim racer.
    I expect what will happen is a run of apps etc so you end up paying more for what should be here No offence to app makers which are brilliant mostly but should be an exrptention of what is already in the GAME

Bigdaddy9699, MBK72 and Lancaster like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars There ist something wrong with track location. Apr 4, 2024
    General modding discussion Where can I find all the versions? Mar 16, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sound reverb everywhere AC Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is there two versjons of Silverstone in the game? Mar 3, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Where do you find the the driver assist settings? Jan 31, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Where is the tire.ini [tyre.ini] file in AC [not Competizione]? Nov 5, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Does anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DDoes anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Is it enough to post here? Jul 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Why is there no 2023 Single Player Mode? Jun 27, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.9 & T300 - check here if you feel mushy ffb Apr 24, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Where Are the AC forums? I don't have Competizione. Apr 13, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Does posting here give me privileges Dec 14, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds The game thinks my PXN V9's pedals are buttons not an axis, is there a fix? Nov 21, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Are there still brake pedal problems with logitech g29? Nov 9, 2022

3. Zzcan

Zzcan Gamer

11. Standard set ups in correct Bmw 235i racer for instance rear camber left -12 right -2 When you correct it it doesn't even go as high as -12. For someone to check all the set ups are correct at launch would take one person a morning. So what the hell happened There are examples everywhere cars like lambo with the ride heights back to fron high at front low at back I spent 30 mins putting corrections in and saving. To then discover that saving does not work
    Unacceptable and I would not employ the person whose at fault as they obviously know nothing about cars

Bigdaddy9699 and Lancaster like this.
  4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Looks like a typo to me.
    And to that second one... Dude...o_O:rolleyes:

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

The game gives you about 40-50 fps atm, you would probably be down at 20-30 if they added rain and night time.

6. Lancaster

Lancaster Gamer

Night time has less shadows but how did Project Cars and Drive Club pull it off. Look at those games? I mean Project Cars looks amazing. Not to say Assetto Corsa doesn't but it looks excellent on some angles and then obsolete in other scenes.

Bigdaddy9699 likes this.
  7. Lancaster

Lancaster Gamer

As a Pc gamer and Console gamer I hear you. Your gripes have merit and I'm sure 505 Games and Kunos will do their best to solve these issues. It's just a shame it was not properly done from the beginning.

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Both those developers have a lot more experience than Kunos at optimizing games for console.

edit: About rain and night. Kunos had rain in their previous title but apparently most people never used it or tried it once and never again. Night is a limitation in the graphics engine.

9. Lancaster

Lancaster Gamer

Well said. In my opinion Assetto Corsa on Pc runs like the Arma military sim on pc. Extremely high end gaming system needed to run smooth fps at high resolutions. I have been around since Arma 2 and even that was notoriously difficult to play on a standard pc.

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Assetto Corsa on PC feels very well optimized imo. The only thing that really takes more than it gives are reflections.

Mogster and LeDude83 like this.
  11. Lancaster

Lancaster Gamer

You mean like Project Cars? Ahh yeah I get ya.

12. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Because AC physics and tyre model is more demanding on the system, AC uses a brush tyre model, PCARS uses a Seta model, plus the AI drivers are using the same physics and tyre model as the player, while the AI in PCARS use a simplified tyre and physics model.

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

brush/seta, can you explain?

14. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

15. D1visor

D1visor Alien

I'm sure AC can be optimised further, I'm not sure how demanding the physics calculations are but Stefano Casillo himself said that he wants to optimise it further so he can get the physics engine running at 500hz instead of the current 300hz. I wonder if the console version ffb runs at 150hz default like on pc or 300 like you can set it in the config. Feels quite a bit better on 300hz.

16. Zzcan

Zzcan Gamer

No brake duct adjustment
    No disc size change
    No pit grid in race w end practise
    No pit grid in qualification
    No moto cycling

Bigdaddy9699 likes this.
  17. Placebo is strong with this one...that ini file in the config does nothing, and never has...

kofotsjanne likes this.
  18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Do we talk about ffb skip steps 0/1 here? Didn't Stefano mention in one of his last streams he upped the physics rate?

19. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Right, because every person I showed it to ever noticed the ffb was smoother and a lot of times on fresh windows installs I thought something was broken until I realised skip steps was at 1. You're a placebo lol.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  20. Okay then, guess you know more than me...

21. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien