1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic [Off-Topic] Dirt Rally wheel settings? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Snowman38, Jan 19, 2017.

1. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

SLRE isn't too bad these days (apparently they had to do a lot of updates), but if I had to choose between it and Dirt Rally, It would be Dirt rally all the way. I am a big rally fan, so of course I wanted both games. SLRE has a lot more simplified graphics and the stages are a lot less bumpy. They are supposed to be recreations of real stages based on GPS, so they are still pretty narrow.

The physics are a little different on SLRE though, but they feel really great on asphalt, just average on other surfaces (a lot of understeer). Starting the career with a FWD car is tough because that handbrake button is never where I need it going into hairpins. I actually ended up using a trick mentioned for Dirt rally and bumped the brake bias to the rear (later found out it was pretty common to do this IRL in the old days of rally).With a good rear bias on the brakes, you can left-foot brake to set the angle of the car. The other thing that helped a lot was watching videos from the Team O'Neil Rally School:

That video really helped me understand that left foot braking in rally often happens when you still have the accelerator floored. Took that into SLRE and took on some narrow asphalt stages... Quite intense when you really get the speed up and are trying to swing the car around from corner to corner using a realistic DOR (lots of turning on the wheel).

After learning this and some seat time in SLRE, Dirt rally was a lot easier (but felt like I was going really slow when I did get a few smooth sections in)

2. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG] I knocked up a handbrake to my R3 button out of some stuff I found in my garage for dirt rally. Shame I can't map buttons in AC?

T300rs, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, ps vr

3. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

My TMX only has a Mode button and the Xbox button on the face, so I would have to do a mod that pushes a button wired to the A or B button (Dirt Rally and SRLE are different....). I imagine, I will eventually get a TH8A shifter and do the 4th gear handbrake trick on the Xbox: still have to deal with paddle shifters though (I'd rather have sequential/H-pattern + handbrake.

At the end of that day, I'm glad I'm having to actually learn techniques used in the classic rally cars where handbrake wasn't always used. (Group B cars didn't use them IRL) and weight transfer is generally much better with left foot braking for all but the slowest of corners. Of course, video games and Hollywood make E-brake turns look cool (and it is pretty important in modern rally and drifting).

4. roberto61

roberto61 Rookie

Overall gain 90
    Periodic 100
    Everything else to 0.
    From here on its you're own preference.