1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Official ac leaderboard

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Housemania, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Forgive me for asking. What makes running RSR a full time job? I honestly have no idea, hence the question.

2. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Look at the tread. 218 pages and counting.

3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I think you should add @Andrea Lojelo 's inbox there, most of the "tickets" are filed there.

Building & running any centralized DB does consume significant initial development time and ~0.5 manpower permanently. Nothing you would want to have done by anybody who can work on AC, don't you?

4. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Depends how much of it is automatized and how much need to be done by hand. LFS for example has only 3 people working and 2 of them part time (or 3 depending how you look at it...) and yet it still has complete dedicated web page which has all kinds of gizmos all other sims can't do at all. They have world records system (you can even view and analyze the record lap times on the site), skin sharing, you can literally buy servers with lfs credits of sorts - system, full record of online activity (you can literally go back and check stats for every single race you have ever done online in the last 10 years), server browser, server spectator system... They have done it so well they have been able to monetize it!

I'd hope people stopped parroting the line "takes too much work". LFS did it 10 years ago, has been doing it 10 years and even if the sim is pretty much dead they still manage to keep it online and working despite being a team where 2 out of 3 people work on part time. Or barely at all. I don't even begin to understand people who say having some kind of online functionality in the form of leaderboards is not worth even 0.5 manpower per year. Now only would that kind of online development be relatively cheap (paying someone to code a website costs less than an artist or 3d modeller) and it can co-exist relatively easily alongside of the main game without tons of interference between the two.

I'd hope could be able to see online as a possibility instead of just some black hole that takes everything, is super expensive and gives nothing in return...

5. Not implementing a leaderboard in a "serious" racing game on consoles would be insane, really.

D1visor, AJ McDaddy and Racert46 like this.
  6. f.gek

f.gek Hardcore Simmer

It may seem like a simple project. in reality it is a bit more complex.
    The system includes a game app, a local program for collecting and monitoring, a web service, and a database.
    Almost every update of assetto corsa, we have to change all 4 parts. and this happens very often in the last two years. we lose much time , to control and manage the cheat and attempts to achieve fast times, so not legal.

20000 users become a full-time job.

7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The only issue I have with RSR is the relatively low level of participation now. That's why it would be great to have it in game as a default app, I can see how more users would make the RSR guys lives more difficult though.

Certain race car combos are popular but for road cars there'll frequently only be 1 or 2 times. The RSR leaderboard really has given me a purpose in AC that keeps me coming back for more, it just needs more exposure.

Thinking about it, a leaderboard DLC? Is that an insane suggestion???

8. dauntless

dauntless Alien

I don't think dlc is a good way to implement new features. The same goes for vr dlc, multiplayer dlc or ai dlc. Or career mode dlc. The game should be a set of features. The dlc should be extra content that can be used with existing features. The whole idea of basically cutting pieces of the game and selling them as dlc is already very harmful in itself.

Imho rsr should be a core feature of ac. Definitely not a dlc. Making it a dlc only limits how many people will use and adds zero value to it.

Glaurung and Boris Lozac like this.
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I tend to agree. It would be much better as a core feature but that seems unlikely without some sort of push.

10. TDS

TDS Alien

i would love to see a leaderboard implemented as official,
    something as "simple" as Neys app but with a pretier interface, and the separation by AC version, Grip, temperature, tires compounds wheel, pad, keyb and mouse users.