1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Official licensed content in assetto corsa (deprecated thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Champion Hero, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. some1pl

some1pl Alien

Yep. This is purely a speculation on my part, but I suspect part of the deal with the brands could be making their current cars as a means to promote them among young car enthusiast.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  2. I would love to see a VLM (or better) quality version of Mid Ohio in Assetto Corsa. There are some great off camber corners on that track that would really test the physics model.

yusupov, Ischemica and Leemstradamus like this.
  3. g4b1bb097

g4b1bb097 Hardcore Simmer

Taking also in account that KUNOS is 1/10 of the other studios making car games this is highly probable

Mogster and Leemstradamus like this.
  4. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

Can't agree more!

5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Yep.. I guess that's why we have so many modern lotuses and still on the car dealership market. There are so great old lotus cars, for example lotus elan, europa, esprit (v8 or turbo version). But the modern lotus are also great road cars, the exige, evora, scura.. and some racing versions of them. But I'm looking forward for the v6 cup racing version.

6. some1pl

some1pl Alien

Lotus is an exception, it's the only manufacturer for which they have full brand license and can do any car they want, that's why there are so many of them. But they still have to get proper data to model the car accurately, and it may be harder for those older models.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  7. sorsagiesel

sorsagiesel Gamer

Yeah, I was lazy and I didn't read trought the whole thread. Is there any info of non DTM version of 190E Evolution II?

8. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Don't think that one will be added. I think it'll only be the DTM version.

9. dauntless

dauntless Alien

I'd love to see more historic racing cars from 60s, 70s and 80s. And some light weight trackday cars. The ktm is great but it is all alone. There are tons of caterhams, westfields, atoms and the like out there.

I'd guess it makes sense to focus on one single class (gt3). But at the same time I just can't understand at all why kunos did not get any supergt cars with the toyota lisence. Not only would it open a totally new huge market for ac (japan) but it would also add a relatively unknown class into ac that runs multiclass races with those same gt3 cars. Maybe those cars just weren't available or were too expensive. I hope it is those two and not a decision to take something like a celica or focus on the lambos instead.

That being said I don't really see much point with the lambos. Every game is full of them and I always found them to be understeery pigs to drive. But maybe it is just me not caring much about them. There are good and uninteresting cars in the list for everybody. For someone those huracans and celicas could be really interesting cars. For me I'm a lot more excited about the mclaren f1 gtr (I thought this was the road car but the race car is great too), the supra or the merc 190 e evo2. I just wish more historic content. The f40 and the ruf surely prove those cars are popular. Not to mention the cobras, miuras or old f1 cars. Or the modded amzing things like the 787b, rs500, nsx, primera btcc 1999. I'm just baffled how someone can look at all those popular cars and then say let's get as many as modern lambos as we can.

But different taste for everybody.

10. nonnex

nonnex Alien

'60 - '90 Porsches! Only the Hell knows why they dont giv out licences for sims.

11. g4b1bb097

g4b1bb097 Hardcore Simmer

Each car has its potential buyer, my mates called my with their p* erect telling me about the lambo announcement even though I'd also fancy some old raw beasts(Group C) and Japan cars

12. Surprisingly I agree with @dauntless on something :p More historic content would be great and I'm sure most people would prefer the DTM-style category that is the Super GT500 class over a Celica....

GT500 would also help a lot of modders out because as I've found rather recently, there is practically no data for these cars on the internet.

irfan.pratama, Mogster and PhenOm like this.
  13. dauntless

dauntless Alien

I've always found myself very agreeable person.

14. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

This is just a wonder. Why are pro old cars people always more vocal then pro race car people. I know a lot of guys who will not even drive a car if its not up with time. Then again most of them will never write a word.

Plus for old car enthusiasts ur getting ur mushy miura so lambo isn't nothing for u. U just need one old Ferrari and then ur set for a long time. Plus the Alfa gto, personally looking forward to gto. :p

Tim Meuris likes this.
  15. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I agree, games also "need" to make the modern and latest racing/road cars. Then when the game gets old, the cars are old too. :) But not just because of that, recent racing/road cars are also very exciting to drive, don't care much if now they ditched h-shifter and computerized so much the cars, they are still a fine piece of art and engineering. Either way, I like Assetto Corsa content, it has a good mix of new race and road cars, and also old(er) race and road cars. The upcoming DLC and the accquired licensed will allow to spread the joy for all range of car enthusiasts.

Niki Đaković likes this.
  16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Old car (and track) enthusiast and proud :D

I'm not advocating historic content only, I do drive new stuff as well. Historic content isn't as commercial as new stuff so historic fans need to stick their hands in the air now and then. If you look at the car and track list we have 90% new cars and 1 historic track out of 15 or so. I hardly think new car fans need worry...

17. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

agree here niki!
    motorsport / cars equals for me evolution
    that's why i have absolutely zero nothing nada with old cars
    at all...

Niki Đaković likes this.
  18. How soon do you reckon we'll be getting news on the Dream Pack?

"Starting next week, we'll share with all our fans the work in progress and the news about the state of completion of the track and the ten awesome cars included in the package ... We will also inform you about pre-order, price and release date."

Well that was last wednesday, so does tomorrow count as next week?

19. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

expect it in the next few days. :)

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Because EA doesnt allow them too. :(