1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Option to force ABS and TC off permanetly.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bnito, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I see many times people say brake distance without ABS = shorter but easier to get wheel lock, so thats not true ?? :rolleyes:
    If thats actually true then i guess it make sense to lap faster without ABS if one are good in brake controlling. But i myself always lock the wheel if drive without ABS :D

Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  2. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

you can also save lot of tire life with it, especially important in endurance series

3. Robilon

Robilon Racer

I've done it plenty of times and failed. ABS has always been slower that's why I turn it off.

Assetto Corsas ABS is a very different case here. We are talking about AC here, not real life.

4. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I though AC is trying to simulate real life

Lazybug likes this.
  5. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Haha thats what i wondering too. But this is just a game no matter what so i suggest lets just relax to each other & have fun. I personally dont see the point to argue who actually being "more real" than other while playing this or any other hardcore sim racing game. :cool:
    I say just do what i like as long as i enjoy the fun, what other people think is not my concern :cool:

6. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

well ABS is about not loosing control , so it will always be slower then no-abs.. however you can steer car while breaking, and this isn't possible without ABS, unless you're very good at breaking

I have to agree though, that it's bit confusing

you turn ABS off in your settings, yet it remains on - could be confusing, if people don't know that game will keep the real life aids on , if that car has those in real life too

7. Robilon

Robilon Racer

Failing on ABS part if it's supposed to make you faster

8. Robilon

Robilon Racer

The best joke on these forums yet

9. Robilon

Robilon Racer

Why does it keep ABS on in the e30 DTM for example?

10. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

So this ABS or not is something like heel toe shifting if i understand it correctly. Heel toe downshifting always faster than normal downshift but only if the driver do it correctly, if not it actually slower.
    So i bet ABS off is faster than ABS on since the brake distance is shorter but driver need to be really good at brake controlling without locking the tire while applying the max working brake pressure, so there's always pros & cons.
    Of course i dont know if i right on this one or not, i simply guessing :rolleyes:

11. vektro

vektro Racer

It doesn't, at least that's what I remember.

That was true like 20 years ago where the ABS would just release the brake when the tyres locked up, resulting in longer brake distances. Today ABS are MUCH more advanced, they can adjust each wheel seperatly, the advanced ones at least. And that doesn't only mean lowering the brake force on one wheel, but also raising it on another one if it has enough grip. That's nothing you can do by yourself, as you only have one pedal. Then there are things like changing surface conditions while braking, grip-loss due to overheating tyres and so on. And it can check the wheel sensors hundreds of times per second and adjust the brake pressure. You can't. The only time you might want to turn of the ABS is on loose surfaces and even then it might be desirable to keep it on.

In AC it is a different story, but guess what: You can keep ABS enabled and STILL perform threshold braking. Isn't that wonderful?

Lazybug likes this.
  12. Robilon

Robilon Racer

Of course you can, but you can feel it better when ABS turned off. I don't know how many times I need to remind you, no one here is doubting the real life advanced ABS. The discussion is about Assettos ABS.

13. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Very useful information. Thank you very much. Weird there not much come out when i google about ABS brake or ABS pros & cons :cool:
    So i guess its not necessary to off ABS for topping all those Rivali or RSR time leaderboard, good for me :D

14. Alienfish360

Alienfish360 Racer

Heel toe isn't faster, it simply stops the car becoming unbalanced from downshifts at high engine revs. Allowing you to rev the engine to match while still on the brakes.

Not sure about the current regulations of GT racing etc, however, auto-blip is available that totally removes the need for heel & toe

Lazybug likes this.
  15. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

+1... an option to perminantly disable.

I never drive/race in any car with ABS enabled.
    The 1st thing i do is turn it(all) off.

Of 'cos it's just a personal preference, but i much rather learn the breaking point limits of each car and track myself while pushing.
    Later and harder braking and also being able to steer the car while on the brakes through turn-in, i find really well done in AC(i'm an h-shifter freak).

Again...
    every car is different and the brake point limits with each car/track combo takes time, but i'm way quicker with ABS disabled.

I've a friend who used to be into console racing/driving games and always used a bit of abs and tc.
    But when he comes over and AC is running, he is also faster and feels more in control when all aids are off.

He used to joke and still does now and again... "nae point in asking if any aids are on".

I find it rather tedious at the start of each and any session that i have to press Ctrl+A/T and find myself doing it multiple times,
    even during race sessions just to make sure that they are, definitely off.
    I have these 2 functions mapped to my ButtonBox, but i'd much rather not have to go through what feels like a ritual,
    before (and during) each session (just for peace of mind).

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    Lazybug likes this.
  16. Bnito

Bnito Rookie

The whole idea was just to have an option to force all aids disabled, its not like you need to touch that option if you don't want to. Just an option. And seeing how many people actually hotlap @ RSR or rivali i will bet most of them would like to get of the ctrl+a ctrl+t ritual....

Also another question is when we get MP, the leagues i've ran in other sims have had only clutch assist available, no abs or tcs, i'm pretty sure it is a wanted option to decide what aids are available.

paulieGTR and Lazybug like this.
  17. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I must admit i very interest to try that out to disable ABS & TC when i play AC again after i read comment like this :D

Yeah 100% agree to that. I for one support any feature add into the game as long as people need it & AC has no problem implement it.
    I suppose we dont even need to -1 / disagree any thread like this.

paulieGTR likes this.
  18. I agree. Unless you´re BenC, you´re gonna end up locking at least once without ABS in Nordschleife, for example, while ABS will give you consistent results, always.

Lazybug likes this.
  19. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I believe i will lock up in just every corner :D

20. Robilon

Robilon Racer

I don't know what makes you think that locking wheels once in a while makes you kill yourself..