1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic PC vs Console

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by SlimCharles, Feb 16, 2017.

1. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need to be online all the time if you want to play R3E or iRacing, right? I'm sure both games have their own protections to see if the content you're using was bought or acquired illegally. Something similar to what MS uses to see if your Xbox isn't modified when you connect to the Live. I know people who tried to bring modded content (from DLC they haven't paid for) online in Forza 4 (briefly bypassing the first online check).
    Their accounts did last for a few minutes before being banned until Dec. 31st, 9999.
    I don't know about Battlefield, but I guess DICE has a similar check in place.
    AC is different, because pirates would be free to use whatever they want offline and Kunos won't have much authority there.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Torcano likes this.
  2. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

My main gripe with the game on Xbox is the frame rate, I don't care it doesn't look as Good as other racing titles, I think the main aspect of it physics on wheel is quality. But the game has to run smooth, and there's been little improvement since release.
    In my opinion they need to fix what we have, opimize the game more, then add the missing stuff the pc has. I'm sick of updates where more things are broken, I'm sick of thiings they say they have fixed but clearly haven't. Who is testing it, this side of things needs a massive improvement. I have all the dlc but that's it, I'm not buying anymore until I see improvements.

svenvangent and MBK72 like this.
  3. Street Fighter V also does cross play between PS4 and PC. I would also like to have it for AC but the fact that the versions are not the same is really an issue as well as other aspects for sure.

4. myimac

myimac Alien

Are you saying that Forza and Pcars have sold 90k-1 million on console or Assetto? From my understanding the unverifiable figure for Assetto on Xbox and PS4 combined is around 90k

5. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Battlefield - Tracks your profile online on their servers, knows what you own, has entire DLC content on client's PC without the fear of client ever bypassing their online check to steal content they do not own. NO MODS
    iRacing - Tracks your profile online on their servers, knows what you own, has entire roster of cars that you race against in any given series reside on your PC without the fear of you ever bypassing their online check to steal content you do not own. NO MODS
    R3E - Always online DRM even for offline play, checks what you own, can have parts of their DLC on your PC without the fear of you ever bypassing their online check to steal content you do not own. NO MODS
    AC on Consoles - Locked down platform (XBone and PS4), storefront check what content you own, plus literally no way to steal content you do not own. NO MODS
    AC on PC - Does not have always online DRM, does not track your profile online on their servers, so it does not know or care about what you own because it would be beyond irritating for an OPEN MODDING PLATFORM to be DRM infested and locked down.

The one game that you could have actually brought up to prove your case was AMS, but you did not. But the common thing it has with all the games you mentioned is that AMS does have all the DLC content reside on the client's PC no matter if they own the DLC or not even though it does not track your stats online, they do this because they do not have incredibly pricey licenses to protect and they made the money for the licenses in their kickstarter campaign and seem to rely on goodwill and fairy dust to not have their stuff cracked. And they never claimed AMS to be a modding platform, they keep saying that over and over. AC has no kickstarter campaigns asking for money, what they do have is ridiculously expensive licenses and if Kunos thinks it is not worth it for them to get their assets stolen by putting them in everyone's reach on an open platform without infringing on the open nature of the title then it is well within their rights. Moan all you want but the games you pointed out have literally nothing in common with how AC works. There is no harm in asking for that feature to be implemented, as I want to see that happen too, but know that constantly bringing up the games that you do really does not help your case and only makes you look a tad silly, no disrespect intended.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Dookie, Horus, aphidgod and 1 other person like this.
  6. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Yep for AC - meant 900k-1m - again depending which figures you read, about double the PC sales on Steam. pCARS is about 1.2m on console. Forza 6 I'm not sure but over 1m for just Xbox before Apex was mentioned.

7. myimac

myimac Alien

Sites like VGchartz currently track it in the 90k region over both platforms. I am sure there is some inaccuracy there but do you think it's in the region of a 10 times margin of error?

8. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Do VGchartz track digital sales as well?

9. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

The 1.4 million (combined) figure comes from the Digital Bros' press release.

MBK72 likes this.
  10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Source for where those were promised for console please. False starts were only recently added to the PC version, after console release, and will likely be added to console in an upcoming patch. It couldn't have been promised for console first. Multiclass races are not supported on PC either, you can set the grid online to anything you want but offline the AI can't deal with it. And it was never promised for console specifically.

11. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

"We are doing a crazy job to guarantee that all versions of Assetto Corsa will feature the same content, features and physics. The only thing different is the user interface – that on console has been totally redefined" - by Marco Massarutto

Kind of seems like a pretty big lie as physics are pretty much the only thing that is even close to being the same. Everything else is sadly just "Assetto corsa lite" on consoles.

https://www.redbull.com/amp/en/game...ssetto-corsa-interview-with-kunos-simulazioni

MBK72 likes this.
  12. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Spreading false informations is something a listed company would like to avoid. Could be seen as informational agiotage, which might lead to market manipulation. So, I'd say It's trustworthy.

13. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I think that Assetto is like
    pCars, test the first release, then AC2 will launch etc although I'll buy AC2 any day.l bcoz it's worth every cent. I wish they'll put more tracks so we can like Have bigger variations in than area other than that I'm so far pleased with the performance, private lobbies, custom mapping etc will come in v.1.13 I think then game will develop in different direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svenvangent and paul_wev like this.
  14. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Sorry. Thought false start was added before the release and that in PC was possible to race multiclass races (I must misread it from some PC user). I can't edit the post now :(

You have a point. But with "made up" I was refering to, I dont know, counting DLC to inflate the sales numbers or something like that. I would be the first one to be happy with AC selling 1 million on consoles (300-400k on PC according to steam spy), but it's very unlikely that AC sold in 6 months what ProjectCars have sold in more than a year or half of what DC sold in 1 year and 6 moths. But could be completely true.

15. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Here is another direct source of the sales information:

http://www.digitalbros.com/?page_id=976&lang=en

Assetto Corsa – a Premium game, published by 505 Games in the console edition (PS4/XboxOne) and developed by the Italian team Kunos Simulazioni. Assetto Corsa sold, since its launch on console (late August), around 300,000 copies for a total revenue of € 8 million.

There is no date given for the timeframe of this financial information. The later press release http://www.digitalbros.com/wp-conte...nosSimulazioniS.r.l.anddecidedbenefici....pdf here said 1.4 million sales of which they say 500,00 are Steam.

I'm just going by their stated stats, I agree though the number of people visibly playing on both console versions makes me question if this is real sales or some of the 'shipped' nonsense we see from MS and Sony when they talk about console sales figures.

If these figures are a true reflection the consoles are by far the bigger market and probably more profitable at an average of 26 euros per copy, though of course there are a lot more costs with physical production, marketing and retailers taking their share etc.

16. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

who cares how many copies were sold, what's coming in the future, I'm only interested in when is the game going to be updated so what we have at the moment works as it should, I mean nearly 7 months on xbox unable to save setups, and game sync issues, then there's the frame rate, the worst of any released racing game on xbox. There's 2 pretty big issues, kunos is just ignoring the frame rate issues, no feedback what so ever on that issue. we been told twice they have mended the sync issue, no they haven't it now has even more issues, cant delete a setup now either, or overwrite one either if your lucky enough its still there when you turn xbox on. Then there's all the missing bits and pieces and the worst online multiplayer to be ever released on a racing game on xbox.
    All this game is any good for is hot lapping, and that doesn't even record personal bests, never mind any other form of times.
    I've stuck with this game from release bought all DLC and now I'm started to feel like I've been fleeced.

paul_wev and MBK72 like this.
  17. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

I hope no, but in my opinion we will not have the new important features like graphics performance, button mapping ecc but only some little bug fixes and some new free cars and maybe circuits for ps4 version. The greater improvements they will have in the next version of AC....AC2. I hope I'm wrong but if it will be so I'll be very disappointed.
    It would be interesting to know what thinks kunos or 500Games.
    Marco tell us something, please!!
    I want to be clear, this is only my opinion/thought.

Fabio

18. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

It matters not. We'll all be racing on PCars2 by Christmas anyway.
    AC is very impressive in the physics dept, but it's years behind even Forza 4 in every other respect, especially fun.

ppbucko and MBK72 like this.
  19. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

I think will be a sad situation but probably true.
    I would like to know what are the causes of different treatment between the Pc version and consolle version. Dammit it's the same game!!
    Fabio

paul_wev likes this.
  20. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

@SlimCharles is right! Jump starts or false starts where in the 1.7 update together with the red pack...
    The update landed 14th July 2016.
    The console realese was 26th August in EU and 29th August in EEUU.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/assetto-corsa-v1-7-and-red-pack-available.34325/

The Red Pack landed in console last January... But "jump start" doesn't been implemented...

It's like The PC 1.10 Update that brought this feature together with Porsche Pack 2:

- Added brake pressure setup options for all cars

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/assetto-corsa-v1-10-update-available.39379/

And that's other feature that don't been implemented in the console versions (Porsche Pack 2 arrived in January also on consoles)....

Before console versions launch there where multiple interviews to the devs...
    Like Red Bull website :

What differences will players see between PC and console versions?
    The difference is that in the PC version you get more frames per second, more cars when you're racing against others, and also the AI. On the PC the limit is your CPU, on the console we're at 16 players. One particularity of Assetto Corsa is that we're using the same physics for the artificial intelligence cars as for you.

http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331796496220/assetto-corsa-on-ps4-and-xbox-one-interview

Using Google and even youtube you can easily find answers that they don't want a "lazy port.." o That the versions will be equal as on PC but with less cars, new IU and no mods(obviously) ...

For more information .. We don’t have:

- Car Setup check system
    - FFB min. Force option
    - FFB gain per car option
    - car descriptions.
    - Information on loading screen like tyre model on that car..
    - Showroom.
    - Photomode.
    - Camera setting app.
    - FoV settings like on PC.
    - Track type (green, optimum, old..)
    - Initial grip level and progression.
    - UDP applications compatibility.
    - Drag mode
    - Drag strips
    - PB time table
    - Multiple AI opponent selection
    - No Drift circuit in practice mode
    - We don't have button mapping
    - We don't have pedal calibration
    - No telemetry hud app
    - No jump starts (said above)
    - No brake pressure setup option (said above)
    - No Trento Bodone hillclimb
    - No BMW M4 Akrovopic (from PC bonus Pack 2)
    - No Lamborghini Gallardo SL33( from PC bonus Pack 3)
    - Majority of hud app missing.
    - No ability to save replays from online
    - no full race replays (3:11 minuts max in races and 1H in hotlap)
    -No private Online server / lobbies (will come)
    - No Custom Championships (will come)

And sure that quite some physics updates,tyre model updates and fixes are also still missing...

So yes.... There's quite a difference between console version and PC version.
    And most things where in PC version way before the console version was launched.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2017
    GhostMan, Athix01, fbetes and 8 others like this.