1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic PC vs Console

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by SlimCharles, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Personally won't be touching PCARS 2 as the Physics are exactly the same. lack luster. Over saturated filters and graphics. Like the PC community I'd be happy to stick with the development of Assetto, but maybe thats because I'm on the PS4 version which doesn't encounter the same issues I've heard about the xbox version

2. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

That's not strictly true, they are using a new tyre model.

3. "New Tyre Model" It literally handles exactly the same. You don't feel the bumps in the road and grass is an extension of the track and has way too much grip as before.

LeDude83 likes this.
  4. Photonmonkey

Photonmonkey Racer

So you have played the finished game extensively then?

GhostMan and Donnced2 like this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Their vision of how a car should drive in a sim probably have the same base as pcars1. Just like the tyre models improve in other games, you still have the same feel of it even though its improved (and sometimes according to some worse feeling). If you drive a very old version of AC you will reconize that you driving AC, if you drive a new and improved version of pcars(2) you will still reconize that you driving pcars. Its possible that Im wrong and it feels toooottally different to drive in pcars2 but if thats the case they just admit that they didnt have a clue about what they did with the driving in pcars1.

6. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

I don't want to get into the in's and out's of PCars vs AC, but I just wanted to point out that the statement "Physics are exactly the same" is patently untrue.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

That was not to start a discussion about pcars and ac. I just pointed out that how they think the driving in a sim is supposed to be have probably not changed just because they started a new game.

8. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

Please remain On Topic

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

SlimCharles likes this.
  9. Photonmonkey

Photonmonkey Racer

Agreed, this isn't the thread for that discussion. The problem is the majority of console users appreciate the great handling/physics model in AC but other than that the PC and Console versions are 2 totally different beasts and there is no indication from Kunos that they will ever be in line. The console version is lacking the majority of functionality that makes a true racing sim. Lack of set up options etc, I mean come on, the console options screen is like something akin to a basic arcade racer. Physics top notch but the rest of it dumbed down...... why?

SlimCharles likes this.
  10. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Both games are shooting for different things, anyone who's played previous Kunos products, like Netkar (man, I remember my wheel shaking my desk to bits due to the flat spot simulation!) will know that Kunos products are about the driving, nothing more, nothing less.

PCars is attempting to be more of a "game".

Both products have their pros and cons, both products are different enough to co-exist, and both products warrant playing, personally, I can't understand the binary, if you play X, then Y is **** opinion that you see here, and on PCars forums, it's bizarre.

11. Photonmonkey

Photonmonkey Racer

Danowat, not sure if you misread my post I was not referring to pCars but the differences between the PC version of AC and console, the console version just seems more arcade when it comes to the level of options, obviously the driving aspect is a given but the rest just seems like Kunos misjudged the console audiences expectations.

12. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Probably, I might have confused PC for PCar!

13. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

They chanced the physics, the tyre model, the FFB... Sounds.
    People on R3E forum that are playing the Pcars 2 beta builds are saying that sounds are on par with raceroom.... Game and feeling very nice out of box with a T300..
    Physics good step forward and you can go no on the limit and maintain a drift...
    So Handling has changed quite a bit and can be improved even more since that the game is still in WIP.

Is there a law that says you can only play one single sim??
    Pcars do simulate things better, and Assetto simulate other things better...
    But none of the two is equal to real life.

The Assetto Corsa console version isn't even on par with PC version.... Not even in FFB....Nobody is perfect,neither a game.

Be happy and enjoy strong point of every game...

I love Project C.A.R.S for the Esports and the online racing leagues that I'm participating in...

I love Dirt Rally to race and enjoying other surfaces

I love Assetto (PC version more) to enjoy the FFB and driving around tracks with an "natural" feeling

And for sure Pcars 2 and GTR3 will both land in my hands on day one.

HAZEYNIGHTS, MBK72 and Photonmonkey like this.
  14. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

About tyre model we are aligned on console with 1.11.4 pc patch for sure, slick psi changed from 33/35 to 26/29 like pc version.
    Now with last pc patch they give to pc players v10 tyre models for ALL The cars that we don't.

Donnced2 likes this.
  15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

They could at least give tm10 to all cars that were tested and done as 1.12 was sent for approval to Microsoft/Sony imo.

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yes technically you're right, but that leaves out that the console release was delayed by months. It also certainly was not explicitly promised or previewed anywhere for the console version and it was a surprise that it was implemented for PC at all. It'll come to console eventually, no doubt.

Dookie and SlimCharles like this.
  17. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Pcars1 was the best thing since sliced bread before it was released. Many of these people flooded other forums with how great the physics were, but many of these people would also see a financial return with the games sale. I tust nothing anyone has to say about Pcars2 until after its release. Even though It's still wip the graphics do not look as spectacular as the trailers but i fully expect that to be the case when its gone gold. Anyway so long as It's not a chore to play with a controller i will support racing devs as it has been years us console players who prefer more serious physics have actually had a choice. It was either GT or Forza.

Also Kunos haven't jumped ship on AC yet.

LeDude83 and paul_wev like this.
  18. Sorry to go off topic again but I have had the chance to put in a fair few hours on PCARS 2 recently, with the current build. They've upgraded areas that weren't an issue

LeDude83 likes this.
  19. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

I was also thinking 1.4 hmmmm perhaps a bit exaggerated because to tell you the truth:rolleyes: if they lie with telling people
    that the console game would be equally to the PC knowing that was a lie , why wouldn't they lie with those sold nr ?

20. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Stefano didn't tell the whole story when asked about the PC vs consoles differences. He only talked about two things: 1) "frames per second" and 2) "more cars when you're racing against others". That was stated back in May, 2016, when Kunos was still an indipendent company. And that doesn't have much to do with Digital Bros talking about # of copies sold on PS4 and Xbox One (~ 300'000).
    On a side note, if that number is correct, then It means Steamspy greatly underestimates how many units AC sold on PC.