1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"pickup race" servers incoming....no booking

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Online slip streaming and no booking will be the best updates to AC. It will mean I won't have to join the 500 ping servers anymore, yay!

Backmarker likes this.
  2. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

Cant see slipstream is mentioned. It was mentioned some time ago. Just the thought of it makes one feel like Christmas again. Now again it seems like its cleverly left out. Let's teez here and say public MP server improvement is no use without slipstream. Bang yes the bomb has been deployed. These two go together, hand in hand.

3. TCLF

TCLF Alien

what are you american? XD

4. Niki Đaković

U miring bro? I'm more of a Britt.
    Though that's not where I live, nor my nationality.

TCLF likes this.
  5. nijeat

nijeat Simracer

No, that was underestimated probably. It's useful for a empty server and for those who want to join but who not now, nobody actually want to be staying long in empty server.

6. So. Much. This.

???

Dude, less than 5 freaking days ago he said that slipstream should be implemented in the next build...do you really expect him to hold your little hand and reassure you every day that this next to meaningless feature is being worked on?

7. Niki Đaković

You can't sturr my boat. Next to netcode this is single most important feature. You'll be greatful to live with it sooner rather than later.

8. I don't even notice it when running against the AI at oval tracks....I refuse to run Monza, even against my friends...sorry, but I couldn't care less about slipstream in MP...there is easily hundred of things I find of greater importance.

9. Niki Đaković

Let's agree to disagree on that one. All you need to know for now is that there isn't almost any organozed cups for racing because there is a lack of slipstream feature.
    Once your opponent actually knows combo not to make blunder of mistakes and you clearly not having edge in any obvious way. Driving same car. Barely quicker pace because you failed your qualifying lap. You get stuck if respecting clean racing and your only friend is slipstream mate. This is exactly how any organised race looks like in top3-top5-top10 depending on strength of the field.

Think about it how much more fun it can be once its actually possible to just have a chance despite defence.
    Good enough motive to have an orginized cup even with reversed grids imo.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    Deatroy, TCLF, Kristaps and 1 other person like this.
  10. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Who else is exited, for nordschleife practice servers running 24/7 and you can just hop on at anytime and join the track. OMG EPIC!

mangal likes this.
  11. yusupov

yusupov Alien

@michaelhornbuckle dunno if its directly related but was referring to this gem -https://twitter.com/KunosStefano/status/487405731172216833

12. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

I fear finding a quick race will take much longer when there is no booking, everyone will spread on the myriad of serves with 2h practice 1h qualify, hoping someone will join "their" favorite combo server with good ping and correct race length...
    For me this probably is a step backward, but we will have to wait and see. At least they listened to the community ;-)

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  13. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

My thoughts exactly!!
    But hey, you only learn to appreciate the value of what you have after you lose it!

Thomas Gocke likes this.
  14. The way it has always worked (in other online games) is that people flock to the servers with the most people. It snow-balls. So everyone spreading out over all the different servers is highly unlikely.

Sean and TCLF like this.
  15. TCLF

TCLF Alien

this is how lfs is still surviving. Everyone is either on demo servers or on cargame s2. The last thing they do is spread out, because then there is nobody to race against

Sean likes this.
  16. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000004

17. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

thats how it is now.. but it wasn't how it used to be when there was much more activity.. but i agree that after a while this will end up much the same. :)

18. Having been racing in a league season over the last month and a half I can tell you that slip-streaming is absolutely essential when racing against a number of other people of similar performance.

Without slip streaming you are just relying on someone else's mistake to pass.

Racing on public servers you don't need it because it's just the casual guys who normally aren't very fast, but if you want to race seriously slip stream is a must-have.

19. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Lol, so called simracers dont think sliptreaming is important!

20. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

This is not to flame or troll..

But how in depth is air simulation in sims? Can they handle more than just the 1 car slipstream? Is air properly simulated?

I may be wrong but I don't think current sims do that many calculations for the air and atmosphere.. I mean there is no wind. Right?

Edit: sorry for OT, I'm genuinely happy with the news hornbuckle reported