1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"pickup race" servers incoming....no booking

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

I think that joining mid-race will be just a consequence of the early state of the new system. Probably at one point we will have server options to block this function

2. Pascal.Hek

Pascal.Hek Gamer

I hope in the future you will be able to join midrace, but only watch till the race is finished.

And when the race is finished the next session starts withouth kicking all drivers and you can then join in qualification.

Hyji, ITB Fiend and nijeat like this.
  3. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Understood :)

Yeah, it would be a welcome feature if the server didnt kick all drivers. Sometimes I've found myself racing some really nice people, hoping we all could stay on the server instead of being kicked and dispersed!

4. Bean0

Bean0 Gamer

The major reason for joining mid-race is for driver swaps.

Another reason is to join and get a lap or 2 of practice in before the next race starts.
    If the servers function like those in LFS, then they would normally be set up for one race after another with no practice or qualifying sessions.
    Positions for the next race can be taken from finishing positions or fastest lap in the previous race.

Hyji likes this.
  5. Bailey

Bailey Alien

*cough* Endurance race driver swaps! *cough*
    Sure, you may be 147 laps behind, but your team will be right on the leader lap (hopefully).
    ~Bailey

Joao Alves likes this.
  6. Joao Alves

Joao Alves Racer

That'd be a really clever way of doing it, but you really need 'marshals' at that point to officially keep track of everything. Or else it'll be your word against someone else's.

7. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

not with V1.0. Weather is maybe on the plan for later Revisions, but who knows.
    Anyway dynamic track grip is cool, i think rF2 calls it Real Road or something...

spiritofsenna likes this.
  8. plaid

plaid Alien

As far as I know the places in AC, where the grip changes are always the same, while in rF2 it depends where the cars in the race actually drove.

9. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Does it really makes a lot of differences considering that cars are usually driving on the same line?

spiritofsenna likes this.
  10. plaid

plaid Alien

IT ISNT REALISTIC! THIS IS A SIM! GO INTO YOUR CONSOLE-HOLE YOU FILTHY ARCADE-BUM! SHOULD IT RANDOMLY BE DROWN LIKE FROM A WIZARD? IS THIS LORD OF THE RING? NO! AND IT ISNT SPARTA EITHER! WHILE 300 IS A COMIC-BOOK-ADEPTION AAaand... no realistic approach of showing it in a historicly correct...AAAH!!!

Seriously: I dont care.

Big Engine likes this.
  11. Actually, it makes the difference. You just can't use the same racing line with every car. Or you can.. ..but you can't be fast that way.

12. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Well the lines are maybe not the exactly the same but you are more or less on the same path, then if the dynamic line is not made as a rail it's still don't make a lot of difference. And we always have to see how it's make. Right now there are many titles (also not sims) that have this feature and it works quite well, then I'm quite confident that it will be a nice thing that can improves the driving experience in AC

13. Bailey

Bailey Alien

The 'joining during mid race' thing would only be a stepping stone.
    When there are about 120 people in a race (24hrs of Lemans for example) if something fishy happens on the circuit, everyone knows ;)
    I just really like this forward movement to possibly get driver swaps before either 'NoNameSim1' dies out, or before 'NoNameSim2' gets them first!
    ~Bailey

Joao Alves likes this.
  14. Ozcanuck55

Ozcanuck55 Racer

Ape shall not kill Ape.

Bailey likes this.
  15. Pablos16

Pablos16 Racer

Great news. If I could choose one functionality from rFactor to be present in AC, it would be how the rF handles MP sessions, joining and spectating.

Sometimes trying to be innovative just bites you in the ***. Needless to say the whole booking thing was IMO a big failure and should be eliminated before 1.0.

Hyji likes this.
  16. Naondave

Naondave Racer

This
    This would be perfect.

ITB Fiend likes this.