1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Poor graphic quality after upgrading to nvidia 334.89

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Backmarker, Feb 25, 2014.

1. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

In nvidia control panel click right top corner "restore defaults" and leave the first tab on "let the 3d app decide" ! use only nv inspector. the control panel sucks.

Backmarker likes this.
  2. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

I will try it out tonight and if still get poor results I will ask you for some screen images of your nvidia inspector/control panel settings.

Thanks!
    :)

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here are all my settings, been experimenting with the SLI bits in NV inspector and also trying to force AA in game but this still needs to be enabled in game otherwise no AA will be applied, quite likely there is no effect no matter what you set however the transparency settings in NV inspector do work as they should if forced.

I found that AF 16x works best when forced in driver but set at 0 in game, setting it to 16x in game and app controlled in driver doesnt look like 16x to me it gets better when setting 16x in game and drivers but still only looks like real 16x when done the way I do it.

Everything else I just set to the max IQ possible as my gpu's can handle it and with a full AI field load is quite low on the GPU's, The screens I took earlier were using these exact settings in a 16 car GT2 race. I have been using pretty much the same settings in earlier drivers too with no real difference just maybe a slight performance boost in SLI with the latest version but not much.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

Backmarker likes this.
  4. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

Thanks, Martcerv!
    I tried out your settings in nvidia inspector and nvidia control panel and see no change. :(

It is as if my system can only go about 75% of AA. The game looks fine for the most part, but around the car windows, edges of some panels, and wings it is all jaggies as if the AA is not doing its full job. very strange.

The shadows in AC now look better. before they shadows were warping and flashing a lot, but now they are much better. :)

I should have followed the old saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" :D
    I give up! I don't have the time and energy to chase this problem. I will have to accept that AC will have poorer graphics on my current PC than iRacing (good excuse to build another computer this summer?). strange times, indeed!

Thanks to everyone for your help and recommendations! I really appreciate it.

Martyn likes this.
  5. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

I found a resolution for my problem.

For reasons unknown to me my computer system does not work well with any of the REFLECTION settings turned on in any combination in AC (even with a Win7 and AC reinstall and settings recommended by other AC users). If I turn off the cubemap settings then the game looks fantastic (minus any reflection fx :().

So, I will be missing out on some eye-candy and hopefully get it back in the future with a update or fix to my PC.

HEEEEEYYYYYY!! Another big shout out to Mr. Martcerv and others for your help! :)

6. dkwuan

dkwuan Racer

This is confusing, so why are we using nvidia inspector when their are already those options available to us in the game? Is there a benefit to using nvidia inspector instead of AC for settings like FFXA, Framerate Limiter, Anisoptric Filtering?

7. sennacher

sennacher Gamer

I recommend taking a step back, and return to basic settings without using inspector before finetuning.I don't think tere is anything wrong with your system, it has to be wrong settings. I've tested quite thoroughly (Geforce 770), use the latest drivers and and I get very good results with the following settings, and the game looks still quite good

My standard in game settings, only tweaking it for Ai Races >12 Cars
    - Cubes: High - very taxing on GPU, I lower it to medium or even low on bigger AI Races
    -Faces: 4, don't go lower then 3 because has a great impact on "looks"
    Turning both options to max has the biggest impact on performance and reduces FPS drastically

General recommendations:
    - Motion Blu Off
    - Locked camera to horizon On
    - AF 8 or 16 doesn't make a big difference, I usually use 16 AF/8AA. Check in Nvdia Control Center that it uses ingame Filtering and antialiasing
    - FAAA: Off, very taxing and doesn't make the game look better imho
    - turn on vsync and triple buffering in nvdia
    f there is a big grid, I use
    - Cubes: Medium
    - Smoke/shadow can be very taxing depending on track (Monza), time of day and amount of AI. Lower it, and disable smoke in mirrors
    - minimize replay size in options
    - enable VSync & triple buffer in nvidia control panel
    - use in game AF 8/16

I find that with HDR on, World Detail to max, I easily get high framerates and good looks well beyond the 60fps. Here is a very good starting point to max out your systems grafix
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/666825525296642878/

Hope that helps in some way and and that you sort the problem out.

Backmarker likes this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

I really like ac motion blur and how it does it though, it is one of the better motion blurs in games i have seen since i barely notice it less i am really looking for it or the cars in full spin out.

Bit of a rant but my buddy made me buy star citizen the other day and the forced motion blur in that is hideous makes me nautious when i try and look around.

9. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

Hi,
    I do not know if this was for me or dkwuan? :)

I will answer. As mentioned above I did a complete reinstall of Windows7 and AC and started at square one. I have this same problem. :)

10. Hanzales

Hanzales Racer

2014-03-10_00002.jpg 2014-03-10_00004.jpg nvinspector.jpg Here is my Nvinspector settings and screens for my not so strong GPU ;o) (334.89 drivers)

Backmarker likes this.
  11. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

The rendered frames will look the same with a weak or strong gpu, they will only need more time to be rendered with the weaker.

12. Hanzales

Hanzales Racer

Part of the original post were lost :) I just wanted to show my nvinspector settings for less powerful GPU (only 2xAA + 2xSparseAAtransparency) 4xAA+4xSparseAA killing much more fps for me. This dramatically improved AA quality only with 2xAA. Currently AC settings (8xAA, 8xAF, FastAA off) + nvinspector.
    http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3281175896886378475/CAC5660EA1C12B2FF7001B9E2E0E1D7C94E593E4/
    Minimum fps loss ;o)
    PS: This is the same, just "enhance" instead of "overide" (Antialiasing-mode)
    http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3281175896876956845/E92A909E47132DA1762751E301C5F392AE1C08F1/

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    Backmarker likes this.