1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

tbh, I didn't even try the AI in pC1. :p

Only ran against AI in GTL, GTR2, rF1 and Race07.
    Apart from rF1, I guess that's always pretty much the same code, at least it felt like it. Wasn't too bad though.

No idea about rF2, AMS, pC1, R3E or the ones that I don't even own (pC2, iRacing).
    At least the AI in rF2 is praised quite often, though.

2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I think rF2 has the upper hand still.
    AC matches AMS quite well now and overcomes r3e by a mile.

Deleted member 113167 likes this.
  3. It's still kind of not true. About a year ago I tried to do a single player race in rF2 and it took complete one hour for AI to do a sprint race without some really, I mean really strange behaviour. And I was driving with vanilla content.

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

PCARS1 released May 2015, where its peak is. Don't know where you see it reached peak one month after release. It's a lower concurrent player peak than Project CARS and even AC at release. Don't think it'll climb significantly but I'm guessing PCARS2 will be able to hold the playerbase better over time than the first game.

Edited to make sense

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Patrik Marek likes this.
  5. Cameltotem

Cameltotem Racer

I read something great yesterday that summarize PC2 vs AC.

"AC is a simulator trying to be a game and PC2 is a game trying to be a simulator"

6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

We all know ai is not up to par with rl racers m8, unless the devs learn how to make use of the newest ai development, neural networking and machine learning that is.
    I recommended to Stefano to do an ai school at Kunos a while ago... ;)

7. plaid

plaid Alien

If it works as intended R3E and PCars2. But I don't care about multiplayer so it didn't tried it. If you talk about minolins work, well thats minolins work. I think its fair to give the credit to him.

One that doesn't slow down at certain parts of official tracks. One that is consistent from track to track. One that pits for tires. One that supports mandetory pitstops. One that quickly overtakes slower cars. One that supports multiple pitstops. One that does whatever else. RFactor2 and to a lesser R3E. PCars2 supports also more things but fails with the basics. Which is why I don't own it yet, besides Im not sure if the physics/FFB are good enough for me.

But you both totally missed the point. I don't have any interest in any pissing contests, especially if its about games. The point is each sim got strengths and weaknesses, depending on what strengths are important to you and which weaknesses are tolerable you make a decission.Who cares what others like? Thats the point. It doesn't help anyone if I mention the downsides of AC. Or RF2, or R3E. Like its wrong to enjoy any of those.

Edit: Everyone is free to go full Associat0r of course. Thats maybe also an awesome hobby, I don't know.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  8. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

People = plural not singular.

Not defending as I'm the first to say there is a discrepancy of ffb in pc1 between tracks. So far in pc2 the clearest example I've come across is imola.

In pc1 that was joined by Silverstone brno and spa... those feel better in pc2 to me but imola at least in the 1 car I ran felt really flat... along with the apex and exits at ralentisseur 1 & 2 at le mans...

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Ah ok, I thought it was April, sorry.

10. So far I haven't seen a single impressive AI. My best experiences has been with AMS, rF2 and AC. I think the most balanced AI is in Automobilista. Most of the time it just works but is not intelligent enough to do anything spectacular.

Last time I tried R3E the AI was all about blind divebombing and cutting over sausage kerbs. Absolutely useless. Not sure if it has been evolved or not.

Dean Ogurek and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Sure, it's his work, but the truth is that it is part of AC's multiplayer, even if not developed by Kunos.
    (And yes, it would count if someone develops something supporting multiplayer in pC2 as well.)

R3E might be better on paper, just like rF2, but in the end, the player numbers are too low to be a significant competition.
    And yes, player number does matter. There is no point in trying to do multiplayer if you're basically on your own.

12. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Have I missed something?
    How PCARS2 FFB is different on different tracks apart from different road mesh and amount/detail of bumps?

13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

From what Minolin had to say, we can conclude the Bell that doesn't whistle took his inspiration from him, at least a little bit...;)

14. anything-but

anything-but Guest

That Caterham 620R..... :)

Cameltotem, Whitestar and mister dog like this.
  15. plaid

plaid Alien

There is no point to do the career if the career is bad. Or the AI. Same about endurance. Currently AC and PCars2 are basicly useless for me.*
    Again: Not my point. Each sim involves advantages over the others. Arguing whats more important is useless.

*Thats not entirely true, cause I really like driving AC's streetcars one LL, Tajo etc.. PCars2 is just for career and endurance racing. I don't expect to enjoy the streetcars on subpar streettrack layouts.

16. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

guys try this

so good, and the sound is epic!

[​IMG]

also this

so fast, i cant keep up :eek:
    [​IMG]

17. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

OMG Ferrari F50 on historic SPA. Howling beast. What a amazing machine and sound that car does. I have not Heard anything like that including what
    the sound gods at Raceroom have created.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  18. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

15 hours in this game so far, i need to come up for air.

I think i've sussed the FFB.

Im running JS custom standard low compression
    volume: 50
    Tone: 50
    FX:50

& then tune volume & tone +-10 for every car. The cars are now far more consistent but getting the sweet spot is really important. Its easy to tune though just wish you could save each setting per car. WMD members was it ever possible to do this?

If they can sort out the Ai in the weather & a few other things like VR replays cameras its an awesome game.

mister dog and kofotsjanne like this.
  19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im happy with the ffb so far but since you using the same wheel as me i will give your settings a try tomorrow. Its not like it hurts to try.

20. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Basically the cars ffb was way too different from car to car for me. With this custom file the ffb is compressed so instead of having to push the ffb up to 75 or lower to 30 i just needs to push it to 40-55. Low compression is just about right for me, i didn't like mid. It also has deadzone removal & all of a sudden i feel texture in the road again.

Coanda and kofotsjanne like this.