1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

It doesn't matter how a track is done. It can very well be a fictional one.

FFB will show whatever it's in the tarmac (all going well). If it's smooth the wheel stay put; if it has a lot of bumps you'll know. That's all. But, not all in a car comes through a wheel.

In my godfather mercedes it takes a bit to feel anything in the car wrt to road... Mine is a bit more "sensitive". That merc HAS rumble in the wheel though like Fanatec rumble motors in F1 wheel.

Point is, the car is the same and the physics are the same. No change there.

What I think you're talking about is a know issue with the volume multiplier (that's hardcoded btw) per car that is due a new pass to make ffb more even wrt to strenght at least more even across the board. Other than that assuming all car should have same ffb feel no matter what IMO is wrong. Again, If I change the power steering setting on my car it'll feel different. It's that easy, let alone another car.

And about my same car different track example, I meant that you'll have more trouble in a roller coaster type of track on a setup because car balance on the same setup of a flatter track. This doesn't mean and also emphasizes that the setups don't fit all the tracks which can lead some to think the problem is automatically physics and there and then an "OMG game is broken". I can concede wheels having issues others not though and that's puts anyone off obviously. But it's still not related to physics.

But I'm helping derailing this thread and it sure is my fault for not being able to explain myself better. And this is just a forum after all which doesn't help.
    Nothing new really.

Anyway, all valid opinions and we agree on disagree then on some topics at least :)

But I do find it funny telling ME how MY car feels... That's a new one.

And rethorical loud thinking: I wonder why it's normal to hear Sebring is harsh on cars and drivers... surely the "car physics" didn't change but it's still a hard ride (the hardest from the way it's reported) everything else being equal (because if you change setup you change the way car behaves hence it's physics). Yep, not because of the tarmac... if one can call that tarmac :D

/edit
    @Leonardo Ratafia
    I posted that a few pages back. You came a few days late :D

2. Orne

Orne Alien

Stunning !

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  3. TDS

TDS Alien

Wow i still can't beleive i've read what you wrote, did you tried the formula cars already? Try them and do a brief review/opinion of their dynamics/physics pls.

FFB is much better than pc1, BUT,
    physics (for me), after 3 hours trying to like it, its still very much on the arcade side, car dynamics of dif. cars are awful to say the least too.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    tabis, LeDude83 and Andrew_WOT like this.
  4. TDS

TDS Alien

probly in pcars 4 they will get it all right. i really hope

5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

At least there is an improvement, I expected worse. But yeah, leaving bugs that were massively reported in pCars1. :(

The biggest problem is content inconsistency. It's all over the place, again.

6. Thanks! This just happened to me, and I remembered it being talked about here.

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

For anyone who has a VR headset (I use Oculus) and has been busy trying to tune FF and try to make the cars handle like AC and hasn't just played the games try this:

Chose a car of your choice (I went an SLS AMG) put it on the Nordschleife, set the start time to 5pm and the time speed to 25x and weather to clear.
    Watching the sun set, the stars come out, the headlights lighting up the ripple strips, all the small lights around the track, the GP track and the castle lit up in the background followed by the sun starting to come up again and the sunrise is an amazing experience, for those 3 laps or so that it takes form sunset to sunrise none of the FF and the questionable physics will matter. It is amazingly beautiful.

And once you have done that repeat it again in a thunderstorm, it is as terrifying as the last one was beautiful

The game is made for everyone, not just the hard core sim races, so its inevitable that it will have compromises in places, but a lot of the stuff it does it does it VERY well. Cant wait for the next few years with better res VR headsets and day/night/weather graphics like this to become more common (hopefully). Having said that the options we have today are already epic

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

My small review on PC2, I didnt get a refund. First hour was spent with a sound issue but luckily someone on the PC2 forums sorted me out as there was an odd way the game was auto muting my headset and the volume control did nothing.

Once I got in initially the FFB was not great, tried all options but still had a big deadzone on the g27 and just felt a bit odd overall not giving great feel for the cars. Then I tried Jack spades tweaks and instantly it brought the ffb much tighter no deadzone and better feel for the car all round. Physics in general I think they are aiming at better simulation, I get a better feel and confidence/control in AC but its really a fair bit better then PC1 was.

Content wise I havent tried much, some road cars at Nords. First try was the stock r35 there in time trial and I thought wtf is this, it was so bad. Then I realized the track was slightly damp in sections and so the softest trackday slicks were sketchy AF there lol. Going back to the medium p zero it was much better, I assume that time trials have fixed conditions by design with not always perfect tracks. This is cool and something I would like AC to do along with RSR so people could try not perfect conditions and compare against others.

The weather effects are cool, heavy rain is a bit nasty with big puddles in any race car making it pretty much un driveable. But thats why they dont race in such conditions these days, the road cars with street tyres handle heavy and puddles much better as they should. Racing at night in a thunder storm at Nords with a car not using proper rain tyres is nasty as you cant even see the puddles before you come across them.

Visually it looks better then PC1 in all conditions, runs great at 7680x1440 on 1080 sli and also in 4k. The triple screen rendering being implemented is another thing I really needed that was missing in PC1.

I think there is enough in this for me to hang on to it and at least run some laps in poor conditions or changeable weather which is PC2's strength. Driving model wise still Im not fully sold on it and AC feels much more natural to me, some cars are better then others but maybe Pcars 3 or 4 will finally get this sorted along with good FFB by default.

9. Cameltotem

Cameltotem Racer

There is always a different from car to car.

The BMW M3 in Assetto Corsa has a stronger FFB then say the Lotus F1.

It is more pronounced in PC2 though and that seems to be a design choice they made, not sure why though. Maybe it's more realistic?

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I spent a whole day tweaking my CSW v2 custom FFB file more too my liking. Maybe others will also like this version too. Maybe not.. The main thing I did was activate a toned down version of anti jolt. I did not like the extremely sharp & overly powerful sine wave produced in the original file on some of the kerbs & road surfaces. Currently now if I let go of the wheel on the straight I get a very very small amount of oscillation which is what i like. I tightened up the feel on slip & turn in which for me helped me to know what the car was doing in the slower speed hairpins & hi speed S bends of COTA.

Base File:- Custom (Jack Spade alternative low compressor)
    Fanatec PP:- 900 Deg, 100% Dampening
    Fanatec WP:- SEN=AUT - FF=100 - SHO,ABS,DRI,DMP=OFF - FOR=100
    PC2= Flavour=Custom - GAIN=100 - VOL=50 - Tone=50 - FX=0
    Test Scenario - Lamborghini GT3, Renault 3.5 at Fuji & COTA, loose default setups in the dry

happy testing :)

Attached Files:

Slowbloke likes this.
  11. Cameltotem

Cameltotem Racer

Seriously livetrack 3.0 is good a enough reason to buy this game, tip toing around a wet track and dodging water patches is so much fun. The feeling of aquaplaning is so real too.

mister dog likes this.
  12. Aquaplaning and puddles were great but I wasn't as impressed how I couldn't lose the car (GT86 GT4) no matter how stupid things I tried. It's just suuper stable.

13. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I have some questions if I may ask:

1) Can you please tell me if you get permanent 90 FPS with your settings or play with 45 FPS (ASW)?
    I'm asking this because I have similar hardware and looking for best settings where I can get permanent 90 FPS even in rainy conditions and with full grid, but it seems impossible for me to achieve this with super sampling.
    As soon as I set super sampling the framerate drops to 45 FPS (even 1.1 is already a problem, I can't even think of your 1.6 or as other guys wrote even 2.0!).
    My problem is that I need permanent 90 FPS to avoid nausea. Although others describe 45 FPS as fluid it makes me sick. I even notice when game switches automatically between 90 and 45...

2) Is it perhaps not the best strategy to optimize FPS in rainy conditions with full grid? Should I better optimize it for sunny condition and less AI opponents and live with the fact that I will get FPS drops sometimes? How are you doing it?

3) I only use Oculus debug tool to show FPS. Is there a better solution to show FPS in my Rift in game (Render App like in AC would be cool) cause debug tool is very dominant (huge) on screen and, once turned on, I can't get rid of it other than rebooting my PC.

4) Is there a special setting that conflicts with super sampling and therefore has to be turned down/off? I already tried to decrease resolution to lower than 1920x1080 or turn off AA but it makes bad blurry pixelated picture inside my Rift (although some say that this should only affect the picture on my monitor, which I wouldn't even need because I can't see it while wearing my Rift headset :D. Perhaps this is bad for performance!? I have triple 144 Hz screens in surround mode in Windows 10 and ingame I have resolution set to 1920x1080@144hz. Do you know which setting I could turn down and get the most positive performance effect without destroying picture quality in my Rift (reduce AF from 16x to xxx? Reduce texture resolution?...).

5) Should I reinstall PC2 on my SSD (have it installed on my normal HDD) to achieve better FPS with super sampling? (will it be worth a full reinstallation?)

14. Cameltotem

Cameltotem Racer

Haven't tried that one but is that with the OEM setup and street tyres? Guessing it's pretty damn stable with a racing setup and slicks. Gonna try it!

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Are you getting stable 90 fps with that? I know that a Titan XP is quite a bit more powerful than my 970, about 110% or something. It makes me wonder if my card in under performing in this game because I have to run pretty much everything on low and no SS and AA on medium and on top of that im using a dk2 with lower resolution and i only need 75 fps. Can you print your settings?

Mike1304 likes this.
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

The tyres that comes with road cars are way to grippy for my taste. Try to set it to the (Hard) pirelli zero and they will be much more playable. I think these tyres are something like street tyres in AC?

17. UnclePetey79

UnclePetey79 Gamer

@Mike1304
    Try adding -vrnomirror to pc2 steam launch options. This will disable output to your monitor and might free up some gpu grunt.
    -skipcrowds may also help if you don't mind losing them.

As for performance overlay, use the voice commands in Oculus tray tool to show/hide them on the fly.
    I'd recommend disabling voice control after you're done, as it can sometimes do random things when it thinks you've said something you haven't :D

kofotsjanne and Mike1304 like this.
  18. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

In a simracing game I thought the thing that would be to be changed from car to car and from track to track was car setup and not ffb settings.

I also expect that the game it self would mimic the car at the very least in order that it would make different cars have different rides naturally, not (again) the necessity to make FFB adjustments per car.

Just a final thought: a RL Porsche Cayman GT4 adjustments are made to wing and suspension, not in any part of the car related with the steering wheel.
    In PC2 probably would require FFB adjustments from track to track and not touch the car setup.
    Fine by me.
    I have other choices that suit me much better. ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  19. Cameltotem

Cameltotem Racer

Will post my G29 settings here too.

Been tinkering around a lot trying to find the optimum FFB settings and finally found one that I really enjoy that feels very good. In corners you can feel the weight of the car and road surface ffb is great.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files

Get the **"alternative mid comp"** from Jack Spade, replace it with the custom FFB in your PC2 documents folder.

Open your FFB file and edit this row in your file.

Deadzone Removal as pCARS 1 - deadzone/fall off
    (output (tighten output 0.12 0.06))

**Change the output values too 0.12 0.06.**

In game use these FFB settings.

Custom FFB preset

**Gain**: 100

**Volume**: 60

**Tone**: 50

**FX**: 20

**Spring**: 10

You might like a heavier FFB then change the volume, if you like more road surface feeling for bumps and kerbs increase the FX. But on the Logitech wheels it's easy to get the rattling effect if you bump it up too high.

ENJOY! The FFB will feel fantastic now.

Mike1304 likes this.