1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Humans are not ready for rain.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  2. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Alright, whatever. I won't get caught up in this discussion. It started out originally with my simple request for someone to make an A/B comparison between pC1 and pC2. Now we're deep into sim philosophy and I'm not interested in such a discussion.

3. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

How do you set virtual mirror?? Some cars have no ingame mirror so I have no clue whats happends behind me. And does anyone know if you
    can set look left and right and set the speed upp?

xthenewkid likes this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

While in pit > options > edit hud layout

You can set somewhere in options so it shows arrows when cars are around you. Havent tried myself so not sure if its as the mod in AC or just regular arrows.

Bo-Göran Larsson likes this.
  5. unknwn

unknwn Alien

What do you expect to see in that comparison? When driving normally (below limits) both visually look similar, there are few videos of people doing that.
    When you push the cars is where the biggest difference comes. I had pC1 week ago installed, I could drive there relatively comfortable, but it really it feels weird, there seems to be rubber band holding your front in pC1 and the overall over the limit feels not smooth and greasy and opposite of "active" experience i.e. like driving a train. In pC2 it's much more natural and feels like something between AC and RF2.
    Interesting thing the grass in pC2 seems much more slippery, I have been cough by it few times (cornering & braking with loaded front and rear outside tires - rear tire touched the grass which resulted in quick snap and spin).

mister dog likes this.
  6. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

That’s not the point because I’m not even comparing PC2 with any other specific sim, although I could and is completely understandable, as much more often than not we all see RL cars being compared to each other, as with movies, songs, books, food, the list goes on.
    That’s also one of the ways of how we relate different things with each other, by comparing them to what we know and experienced.

I just expressed that how I make use of FFB settings is not the use PC2 requires, plus that I expect the game to include different per car/track forces within the core game itself (from how physics work, as programmed inside the game and how different tracks are portrayed ingame) rather than relying in user preferences and expectations of how a car and track should be, thus, needing to change FFB settings per car and/or per car and per track.

But I admit it’s my fail to not understand how PC2 works and how to make good use of it.
    I’m very far of being someone who gets everything (that would be awesome, though :D) because I previously also didn’t understood how or why SMS were improving the cars handling before release date by tweaks in FFB (as per posts of members with beta access).

Edited to correct typing errors (the ones I notice, there can be more :oops:)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    Freddie Seng and LeDude83 like this.
  7. unknwn

unknwn Alien

I did not understand your posts regarding these expressions. Are they your assumptions or you have some underlying knowledge of how pcars is programmed?

Btw regarding A/B comparison there are AC users who have 1M or GT86 who should be able to compare.

8. All I can say is that the slipangles in FWD car I drove on track felt very different to Megane RS in pCars 2. In real life it was tricky to know how much "too much" is the optimum and when you step too far you get understeer but in pCars 2, at first the tyres scrub the speed off and then starts to drag than car closer to inside kerb. Of course I haven't driven the exact car IRL but it wasn't something that impressed me.

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Muscle memory from playing sims, now that's a good one!
    Explain this so, after 900+ hours in pcars1 (played nothing else) I bought assetto corsa and instantly went, WOW, this is pretty awesome straight out of the box with the first car I loaded up..
    I never played pcars again..

TDS, LeDude83 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  10. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Is that a sarcasm? Or you aren't aware of what is muscle memory? Can't tell.
    Either way very simple to explain - it was superior by a lot.

11. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

No I want you to explain how the muscle memory I supposedly devoleped from playing pcars1 allowed me to enjoy ac, yet the muscle memory devoleped from playing ac doesn't allow me to enjoy pcars2

TDS likes this.
  12. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Yes I can do that on for one session but after next session its gone. You should have to do that every time??

13. unknwn

unknwn Alien

The same happens when I switch between RF2 to AC (and vice versa). Usually I need few hours to adapt to get in to the "zone".
    When constantly switching I get the picture of various differences/issues across the sims which doesn't allow me just to just play and enjoy. Best sim racing moments for me was when I started simracing in AC (early access) wasn't playing/switching any other sims. But when I tried RF2 and it was like a revelation with it's tire model and FFB, but unfinished and inconsistent mess and since then simracing enjoyment only went downhill.:D

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  14. plaid

plaid Alien

If i Play dirt or r3e Directly After ac it Feels worse. And each Feels better After some rounds. Of course that doesnt improve anything but still.

Cameltotem likes this.
  15. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Are there no ABS/TC modes like in AC?

16. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

Ferrari 488 GTE round Bathurst. - Felt great !

Coanda likes this.
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I have noticed that too and that make me look out more for not going offtrack in pcars2. When getting on the grass its really easy to get punished for it.
    Yep, that seems to be some kind of bug.

18. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

can someone help me with performance? (pc spec i5-4570, 8gb ram, gtx770 oc edition)
    1080p single screen, reflections and shadows on high, aa settings dont remember, the one with the lowest impact on performance set to low, everything else on medium settings)
    driving alone on track at portimao i get around 110 to 125+ fps
    driving with 15 other cars i get the same thing.

so what is the most demanding setting and what other settings i can make higher without going lower then 60 fps?

19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Try to use more texture resolution, that should make quite a difference i believe

20. plaid

plaid Alien

Someone using zero worldmovemen can tell if its like camera locked to horizon and it really doesn't move (or rotates :confused:) at all?

I only find videos gopro-vision (locked to car) or something that rather is inbetween.

Im also a bit worried that the view doesn't work as well as AC or R3E (file change).