1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Default "loose" setup and automatic tyres on rain.

Edit: And I tried hard to lose the car but it never happened.

At the time of 1:15:00

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    TDS likes this.
  2. mibrandt

mibrandt Hardcore Simmer

Have not read the whole thread but just hearing the name Jack spade and all these ffb settings etc make me wanna skip this one. Sounds like they failed to improve one of the most annoying things about the first game...

LeDude83 likes this.
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It is improved by alot imo. If its perfect, good, decent or still bad is up to the user itself to decide. :p

4. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im curious to see if you will get more or less attacks than you would have got here on the forum for pointing out things you dont think is 10/10 :D

I found this on the official forums about VR performance and how high the impact is with different graphics settings:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13vH7xrVdCUdYgy4M3uJ0Vx-9TH_JMSeTbsl3_5Ex9OQ/edit#gid=0

I wonder why they didnt make the helmet cam just render the picture you see, the black bars you see on the helmet shouldnt take much performance? I mean, that would make the fov much less and give much better performance? After driving with helmet cam yesterday it feels really cool, even if the movement is a bit weird even if everything is turned off. Apparently mirror resolution do medium impact in pcars2 so thats something to try out. I followed the tip in this thread to disable mirroring completely. Will I still be better of lowering the resolution?

Blamer and Mike1304 like this.
  6. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

photomode is great fun!

[​IMG]

7. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

i have no problem with the sounds not being 10\10 in any game but the two examples i gave are just not acceptable imo.
    and people saying assetto has bad sounds.... :rolleyes: just listen to the r34 in assetto, its spot on rb26 engine.
    i predict that no one will comment

8. Cameltotem

Cameltotem Racer

Jack Spades is just like FFB clipping apps in AC.

You don't need it but it's nice, let's not pretend AC is perfect default no sim is.

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

You are completely right and the discussions to defend your views are a waste of time. If people fail to see how a sim should work, then that's their personal choice.

pCars 1 and 2 both follow the "output-adjust" approach. A car doesn't handle well on a pad? Change the setups instead of the input processing. A car doesn't provide good FFB on a specific track? Have a special FFB profile for that car and track instead of revising the force/torque transmission from tyres to wheel.

Not even will you fake your way to a decent FFB by doing it this way, but you'll also mask what you actually should feel from the track.
    Having a sim that requires you to mix and match your FFB for each possible combination...weird to even discuss this when clearly it's so wrong.

Obizzz, Jebus, TDS and 2 others like this.
  10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Honestly curious: how do you even know whether it was improved? Could you fire up pCars 1 and test a combo back to back with the same settings? BMW Z4 GT3 at Imola in the dry, all equal conditions.

I really wouldn't be impressed if you didn't feel any differences.

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Because I tried Pcars ~1 year ago and wasnt able to tell anything what the car was doing and uninstalled as soon as i had been on track a couple of minutes. I dont want to download 22GB just to try. And the fact that even many outside WMD say its an improvement from pcars1 should be enough. I honestly dont think you are honestly curious, you just want to come in here every once in a while and complain about a game that you dont even consider buying.

12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I had pC1 installed about month ago (GOTY ... I was curious about how it went after all patches since I haven`t played it after release) and it felt quite different (worse) from pC2 .. went away from my drive very swiftly ..

I agree with you previous post that it shouldnt be minigame to set up FFB .. if it is only Volume that it is the same as adjusting AC gain which is needed in most cases too if you don`t wanna your M3 feel like `90 truck ... and to be fair in lot of cases Volume adjustment does the job ... but still ... what happend with good old 'set the FFB strength and have every car good' ?

LeDude83 likes this.
  13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I don't mean to trigger anyone, sorry if I did.

No, it's not enough when people outside WMD say that. How can I know the way they tested? Maybe jump into the fresh content and get blown away by the dynamic weather?!?

Maybe you remember this was an AC forum where many want to look beneath the hype. It's not a pCars 2 appreciation safe space in here. Opinions from other AC users is what many here look for, not all the talk from recently popped-up accounts that mainly post in this thread (not you, I know).
    My suggestion goes exactly in that direction.

An A/B comparison is the best way to test it and it's perfectly possible so why not do it? If the word on the street is right than this will show the improvements very well. It can go both ways.

No problem of course if you don't want to do it.

14. xthenewkid

xthenewkid Gamer

It has definetly improved. I played some Pcars1 before the release and it feels very different.

Mike1304, mister dog and LeDude83 like this.
  15. plaid

plaid Alien

While its the AI that made me "nope", Im still not sure if I actually like the driving and cause Im not sure about the realism cause Im not really qualified to say how a racing or supercar feels I hope to like it, still Im spoiled by AC too, all what i can do is trying it, best with a few suggested settings for my specific wheel. Some like it some not. It should be clear that it isn't on the level of AC or RF2, if thats not good enough he will probably have a hard time enjoying it.
    You lose nothing more than 2 hours with the refund and either you have another sim you enjoy or more time to enjoy something else, for example with the 60€ you saved.

I wait and would suggest others to wait a few weaks or maybe months till the AI is fixed - if you care - and maybe the physics and FFB will be further improved or people figure out the best possible setting for each wheel.

Luis Branco and LeDude83 like this.
  16. Cameltotem

Cameltotem Racer

They really need to tweak the rating system.

A win with 20 other players gives me around 10-12 in rating.

When my PC crashed I lost 50 in rating, that's way to excessive.

17. unknwn

unknwn Alien

AC fans likely to be biased. Even if the physics are good, people will most likely have muscle memory for FFB of hundred if not thousands hours in AC which will make other sims feel "bad" for them. Just like some AC fans saying that RF2 FFB is floaty or uninformative.
    What is relevant for comparison is opinion of real world drivers and physics gurus if we care about accuracy of physics.

Freddie Seng and Cameltotem like this.
  18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

No. Just look at all the AC players enjoying pCars 2 and others like @Nahkamarakatti giving it a fair shot. For me, it is very important how it relates to AC and it's important to hear it from people enjoying AC.
    If it's not important to you - fine. Just don't state it wasn't important, in general.

There's very few people who can provide RL feedback so this way is how it always goes down with sims.

A good indicator on realism is to check in how many professionals (car manufacturers, racing teams) use a certain title. RL drivers on some sim company's payroll can however be disregarded, completely.

19. unknwn

unknwn Alien

First of all being AC fan doesn't mean you can't be fan of any other sim. Second being a fan doesn't mean you believe it's best thing sliced bread. Dead hard fanboys is another thing though.
    Third having a muscle memory for particular sim is perfectly normal if you don't switch more often between different sims, many seem to be too much stuck on FFB feel and can't grasp a different feel.
    I am not saying what is important to you or not. I am saying what's really relevant if we want to have a objective comparison to how relates to RL physics. 99% of people opinions on that probably doesn't matter.
    And no I am not talking about Ben Collins or like that. There are plenty of RL track drivers in AC, RF2, PCARS, Iracing communities, however only minority yet provided comparisons regarding pcars2.

Nasos Charalampou and ElPueblo like this.
  20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

The moment when you win your first race because you were likely the only one in the lobby to remember to put on rain tyres
    [​IMG]