1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

@Michael Hornbuckle It was in the excessive demonstration, but I knew someone would go all out to say that's wrong.

Plow mean in automotive movement "move in a fast and uncontrolled manner", Straight mean "extending or moving uniformly in one direction only; without a curve or bend."

Type of uncontrolled manner-> Oversteer mean "handling of an automotive vehicle that causes turns that are sharper than the driver intends because the rear wheels slide to the outside of the turn before the front wheels lose traction. verb (used without object)"

:rolleyes:

2. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

I still don't get it, surely plow straight is to under steer ie not turn?

bondyboy likes this.
  3. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Don't worry I don't think anyone 'gets him'

LeDude83 and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  4. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

Me either. :confused:

But, on the subject of PCars2, I read an article on the Nordschleife and how it's just a vicious stretch of road and got the bug to drive it. It's one of my favorite tracks. I booted it up in AC, and the difference between PCars2 and AC was night and day. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy PCars2, and I'm not saying it's garbage. But the level of focus required to turn a decent lap in AC is much higher than it is in PCars2. In PCar2, the car just simply has too much grip, and on a track like that--with myriad bumps, undulations, and surface changes--it should never feel like a breeze. Racing the Nords in PCars2, I feel like I'm only competing against the other cars. But in AC, I feel like I'm competing against the track itself, as well as the other cars. That's how the Nords should be.

That said, it's nice to race the Nords in a late afternoon to night race, or in a thunderstorm. That's extremely fun. But for a serious race or run, AC definitely presents more of a challenge.

5. r@m

r@m Racer

....so, Project Cars 2....:

Practice, Bathurst, V8, Authentic settings.....vroom vroom.

Trying to get lap times down...as you do.

There's a pedantic **** called a race director who seems hell bent on ruining every single session.

On my out lap, penultimate corner, overcook it slightly, spin out and slam my arse into the barriers.

Race Director says, "this and your next lap are invalidated"...

I gained no advantage, the lap was irrelevant as it was my out lap, I'm at a standstill, still on the penultimate corner, I tiptoe over the grass back on to the black stuff and resume driving, after the first corner of the next lap the ***-hole rubs it in again reminding me that this and the next lap are pointless.

....why ?

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  6. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

Are you a child? If you aren't? Stop acting like one.

McKiernan, Rosko and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  7. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I know what you mean. Have you tried the T70 Lola or F1 Spark in rF2 especially the nonlaser scanned one of the Nordschleife?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  8. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

What interests me is, how would you compare the two tracks in terms of precision/craftsmanship? AFAIK both are scanned, so they should be completely equal, but I read more than once that the pC2 Nords differs slightly in some places? Was there anything to that effect that you noticed?

9. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Mr. Deep! What did you do? I thought I was the only one who got in trouble?:)

10. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

I think he is talking more about the handling differences rather than the track.

11. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

You're quite the observer I must say. I'm still interested if he noticed any differences in the two tracks, that's why I was asking specifically for that ;)

12. Haiden773

That's a tough one. There do seem to be some difference, but, IMO, it's hard to tell whether they are perspective related (resulting from FOV differences) or actual variances in layout. The differences seem particularly noticeable in corners/complexes with steep elevation changes, whether you're approaching on an incline or decline, the track often seems narrower in PCars. That said, there are also times when the track in PCars seems like a super tight fit for two cars, but yet I end up running wheel-to-wheel through it with no problem. That's one of the things that makes me think it might just be perspective.

I'm sure someone could do a more critical comparative analysis of the tracks, but I don't really care to drill into it like that. If there are physical differences, they seem minute and almost irrelevant.

Gevatter likes this.
  13. Haiden773

No. I only got to try one car. But now I'm pretty curious to know whether it's limited to a few cars, or if it's a physics thing across the whole game. From your comment, it sounds like it's not just limited to one or two cars. I'm going to try a few more of my favorites this week.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  14. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

If you do, get really for a work out. It might be a little on the slick side but when taking into account the old bias ply tires.... I like the scanned AC rip better. I find the (fall) mod Nordschleife has the corners too sharp. I can't stay with AI's without turning them under 100%. I have so much fun I don't care.

Let me know how you make out!!

P.S. I know there use to be a ripped (fall) Nordschleife out there before the laser scanned AC Nordschleife.

15. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

I am curious as to which cars you have compared. In my experience some are easier in PC2 and some are harder. Also PC2 has some strange tyre options e.g the Lotus 49 has some super grippy, super forgiving "track" tyres (which it defaults to) but also some much less grippy much less forgiving "vintage" tyres.

16. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I don't like the vintage cars in PC2 or AC after driving them in rF2.

17. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Which vintage formula cars are comparable between rf2 and AC? Between pc2 and AC there's the lotus 49 and the lotus 25 I think.

18. Haiden773

I mainly race modern classes--GT#, LMP#, and a variety of Formula types. So, for the most part, I'm just choosing between Softs, Mediums, and Hard. I've raced a few of the Lotus Classics in AC, and like them, but I don't spend enough time in them to compare. In fact, I don't think I've tried any of their counterparts in PCars more than one or twice.

19. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

PC2 has all 4 Classic Lotus that AC has. 25, 49, 72D, and 98T.

rF2 doesnt have any exact models, but they have the old Brabham BT20 from the 60's. The Spark F1/2/3 cars are fictional. As well as the Eve F1/2/3 cars being fictional.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  20. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

AC Cobra is one direct comparison. I think we need to stop thinking of which sim is the best and start to categorize instead. rF2 is more loose while AC and PC2 have more grip although there was a real race car driver complaining about rF2's slow speed traction.