1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Future?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Driver 101, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Driver 101

Driver 101 Gamer

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the PS4 version will be getting any new updates at all. We have just completed our first race series and we are in need of updates to atleast come close to the PC version.

Replays needed to be saved for reviewing
    Better in Lobby options
    Theres more that can be done to be on par with the PC

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Buy DLC for PS4 today Oct 25, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Breve domanda riguardo visuale ps4 Oct 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Jerky gameplay PS4 version Aug 5, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Pro not updating ACC version. Jul 27, 2023
    Console Lounge Assetto Corsa Ps4 league dc link May 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 to PS5 free upgrade? Mar 31, 2023
    Console Lounge Any ps4 leagues? Feb 1, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to use the ACC Dedicated Server app for the PS5/PS4? Dec 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DLC Issues on PS5 that were not an Issue on PS4,,, Can anyone help/answer reach out Dec 9, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to enter the broadcasting mode in PS4? Oct 29, 2022
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Running AC Ultimate edition on PS4 Oct 18, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 24h Race Ps4 Oct 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Would there be updates on PS4? Sep 28, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Migration from PS4 to PS5 (or PC) Jul 30, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room ACC PS4 PS5 soon PC - 10tenths Racing Community - New Season Jul 30, 2022

3. 3n3rg0n83

3n3rg0n83 Gamer

...and, it goes without saying, any of the DLCs that have been released for the PC but are not yet distributed on consoles...
    With regards of replay management, if I am not wrong there is no chance of getting any changes on it (a previous discussion about it was already present on the forum)...and this implies a lot of troubles for online race organizers wanting to provide race incident investigations. The only way at the time being is having all of the participants providing the replay recorded by PS4 (loosing in video quality) via YouTube...

4. Driver 101

Driver 101 Gamer

....such a pity that we cannot get the console version to be on par with PC. Its had great reviews, and the majority of our community drivers are really enjoying it. With the likes of Project Cars 2 and GT Sport coming, where will this leave us limited console users?

5. Horus

Horus Alien

Not to sound too harsh, a PC has far more computing power than a console. If you really want control over the entire gaming experience then a PC is the only way forward. It would be great if you could have the same experience on a console as PC but that is very unlikely due to development of faster and faster components for PCs. Console are nice as pay to play boxes but they do not have the computational humph as they are usually about 4 years out of date when released. Still for a press the button and play a game, with the likes of AC in that list, you are lucky guys as I remember what consoles had to offer years decades ago.

T300rsIRL, Dave53 and Ischemica like this.
  6. Driver 101

Driver 101 Gamer

I hear you loud and clear.......however, if another option out there can offer what AC needs to give on console, surely they can make a plan. We not asking for mega stuff....just some basic features which would make our life far more easier on console, especially when trying to host a proper well organized champs.

Us console guys have become fans of AC overnight......we just wish for more or we may have to go another route which would be sad.:(

Horus and 3n3rg0n83 like this.
  7. dawg

dawg Racer

Not to be too blunt, but why do PC-gamers almost always have the urge to tell console gamers how much better a pc is for gaming? It's kinda exhausting if you ask me. Not only on this forum, but freaking everywhere you pc guys show up to tell us "tha truth". :)

Why? Insecurity? Justification for yourself? Jealousy? Arrogance? It can't be meant as helpful, because it usually isn't, seeing that everyone's in a different situation financially or otherwise and everyone's biased of course. But I only see pc guys do it.

Gr8_Lakes likes this.
  8. Horus

Horus Alien

Darn it, did I try not to be harsh? Forget it, consoles are king.

P.S. @dawg I did not say anything of the type, I explained a TRUTH. I have no bones with consoles, they are what they are. So maybe you need to get a grip of your distrust of PC users. No harm was meant and was explained as such.

eSEA One, jaxx_za and Dave53 like this.
  9. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

They said in the bugs section they will look to improve the lobbies to some extent. I'm not holding out much hope for replays tbh but you never know.

10. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

I actually thought you expressed it pretty well. As a 'consolero' I am not offended ;)

eSEA One and TitzonToast like this.
  11. dawg

dawg Racer

I didn't mean to be harsh or anything. It's just that console players obviously know a pc is more powerful than a console when you've got the top hardware. Or midlevel hardware even. I mean, everyone knows. It's common sense. So why tell console players over and over, when they may have got particular reasons (like me for example) to buy a console, and not a pc.

Different hardware, different people, different reasons. Console players generally aren't stupid, not more or less than pc guys, just so you know. ;)

12. LMR showtime

LMR showtime Gamer

When Xbox one X is out we Consolers will have about the same power as a mid level PC! Just wish you could get mods like PC community offers

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

13. Driver 101

Driver 101 Gamer

.....if Project Cars and even GT6 could have proper lobbies, why cant AC have it? There isnt even a voice chat option.....

I am just saying that the debate over PC vs Console is irrelevant, we all have a preference for what ever reasons, I just think AC should seriously consider an update to bring lobbies on the console up to a level where certain functions make running a championship easy

With the likes of GTSport and ProjectCars 2 that are soon to be released, the console version of AC may die a quick death...

14. Timm2012

Timm2012 Gamer

With the likes of GTSport and ProjectCars 2 that are soon to be released, the console version of AC may die a quick death...

When you think that us PS4 guys the last update was in May some three months ago, and not a word from the powers above in what is going on. Ok they did say that key mapping was going to be the next project, but come on, let us console guys know whats going on. I for one will be going over the Codemasters F1 2017 when that appears later this month. So from that it will be good bye AC. makes you think how many players AC have lost due to the poor turn over in updates/comms from AC

15. Because those teams have been doing this for 15 years and likely have more people working on just those features than all of Kunos combined. The better question would be why can't those companies create realistic physics with communicative FFB?
    [​IMG]

Pretty sure that Kunos knew going in that only a tiny fraction of the already small racing genre would value simulation physics and that the rest would scatter as soon as the next shiny thing released.

Shame that the console versions aren't up to par with the PC version, but it is what it is. Hopefully AC2 will either be PC only or they will hire a complete separate team for the console port that have experience dealing with Sony and MS.

Enjoy F1 2017, hopefully it will have proper controller support for all of its high tech MGU/DRS/Kers stuff.

jaxx_za likes this.
  16. Driver 101

Driver 101 Gamer

wow.....seems this forum is mainly PC biased

Please dont get me wrong, we are super impressed with AC physics, nothing comes close to it, we have members who have raced in real life and cant believe the similarities and how well Kunos have made this.

We want to continue racing AC, creating champs and running well organized series, but how without the basic needs?

cave and Gurkensepp like this.
  17. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

The devs promissed that both versions would be identical at the release except for obvious stuff like mods. I can understand that they take so much time to develop updates, no problem with that as the size of the team doesn't let them to work faster.

But If they decide to not add all the features missing, that will set a precedent for AC2 as it has already done the delays, the slow post-release development, the bug fest, the very bad comunication and the broken promisses. There is also good things I will have in mind when I buy (if a buy it) AC2: same physics as in PC, hard work from the team to bring great new features (some of them not even on PC like private lobbies or the interface) and while comunication has been very bad, I will remember that at least the boss of the game passed by the console section.

18. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Be specific, you mention basic needs and functions and don't actually say what they are...

19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

No :)

20. Driver 101

Driver 101 Gamer

Currently once a lobby is opened you cannot:

Chat (Important for hosting)
    Change lobby settings (laps, time, restrictions....etc)
    Save recorded full length replays (for policing)

These above basics would solve a lot.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  21. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

pc have there version we have ours, deal with it :)