1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Really.....

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by iwanchek, Oct 13, 2016.

1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I've been playing for a hour and a half this race, Imola, I was leading, lap 6/6
    And this happens.

I mean, when I hit not on purpose opponent I spin instantly but here....!!!!!

As I say playing the on Hard, an hour and a half I got hitted, smashed killed in the first corner or in this chicane!!!!

Kunos please I really start to not enyojing the game!! Frustration pur!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer We REALLY need a player report feature Dec 27, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steering is really slow and delayed. Xbox controller Jun 4, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions G923 really that better than G920? Dec 30, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Really don't get the way GPU/GFX works in this game even with 50% overhead Jun 18, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos A car without number plate, it is really possible? May 31, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer A Report Option would really improve the open lobby experience Apr 15, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Really want to use my G2 for ACC (Andrew_wot please contribute) Mar 21, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions G29 FFB : is anyone really happy and satisfied? (Vote) Nov 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Really strange problem...Mercedes gear ratio Jul 28, 2020
    ACC General Discussions A Really Honest Talk About ACC Pricing in Brazil [505 - REPORTED TO PUBLISHER] Jul 23, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Really Easy VR Guide Step By Step Jul 22, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Really annoying problem with view changing at start of race Jul 19, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it just me or are peoples eyes really hurting after even a 10m race? XBOX One X Jun 24, 2020
    ACC Audio Really loud random bang in game Mar 29, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Simracers storytime (TL;DR - I really, really enjoy ACC) Dec 10, 2019

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Theres no way a AI can realize that you would turn so drastically. That would probably have happened even if you raced against a real human being.

4. esox71

esox71 Alien

Looks like you start to turn in then( lock up slightly?) and go straight then make a second attempt to turn in that's when the AI makes the decision to turn in also?

EMW SMILER likes this.
  5. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Wait-what??? I'm ahead, I've to admit that I miss the breaking point slightly but still I've my racing line to chose. Dude behind can't do his move so aggressive!!!! So I really don't know what are you talking about bro! :)

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yeah, I have to agree. When you drive Imola it feels like you need to turn late and slow but in reality a straight approach like the AI wanted to do is much faster as long as you have the suspension set up properly and don't cut the kerbs too much to incur penalties. I guess if you locked up you didn't have much choice, but yeah. Try tighter lines.

EMW SMILER likes this.
  7. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

If you look closely I was turning first into the corner not opponent...

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

While it might look like it I don't think the AI made a move to dive and and overtake (that'd be some pretty amazing AI then), it was just taking a tight line, expecting you to do the same and so close behind you that there was no time to brake and boom.

EMW SMILER, Dookie and esox71 like this.
  9. esox71

esox71 Alien

“If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”

10. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

AI are retarded as we saw!

11. esox71

esox71 Alien

I never race AI I wouldn't know.

paulieGTR and the-D- like this.
  12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, that's modern game AI for you. :p But honestly this seems kinda realistic if you consider F1... and for normal racing the AI might want to back off a bit for tight corners, considering how you went slow and wide, certainly. But as I said, probably too late for the AI to react.

Ace Pumpkin and Horus like this.
  13. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Now u know it from the first hand :)

14. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Lower the tire pressure a bit, set bit a toe a bit now I didt touch the Susspension tbh but AI are killing the last sector AF!!! You can't catch them!!! Specially the chicane were the dude kill me! Ridiculous

15. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

I complained about this same thing in another thread. I kept getting spun by AI in the 458 trofeo. Its not just that they can spin you so easily, but they keep accelerating through you. It's almost impossible to recover when they hook your rear and push you off the track.

iwanchek and Horus like this.
  16. Horus

Horus Alien

Did you cut/tap to get in the lead? I only ask because of you saying they were much faster in a very technical part of the track. If you 'slightly' cheated to get the lead then maybe you are paying for your deception. :)

edit: Yes Larry, we have all had the AI give us ye good olde pitstop manoeuvre.

17. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Yap same here, this video I made out of frustration but I've like few gig of material of how they hit me just like that. It's like they're coded to drive that line/speed if you cross the line with lower speed you're done.

18. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

No I didt cut nothing. If you watch the video I took
    The first uphill section very clean and smooth but the S where I got hit I already say it I miss the breaking point but still I was so in front of him and even tho I try to hit the apex be4 him he dive bombs me, fails miserably, kick me out of the track and he continued with no problem at all.

19. Horus

Horus Alien

We saw a few seconds of a race, you could have been naughty at some point to take the lead. The AI are harsh and have an added ability to cause you problems but when you hit them they drive on without issue. I have done it myself, overtaking the field by cutting the track at Monza to only be made a fool of later in the race when they caught up. There are a few races in the career mode that make you want to get the hell away from the AI, but it seldom works out :)

20. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I can't remember that I hit him in the first race all was clear and the part where I overtook him was on the very start so idk m8 ni only know that they behave unnaturally in most of the situations and to much "programmed"!

21. MatthewSean

MatthewSean Racer

In that situation forget making the first apex, you'll lose too much speed and give a very broad target. Also as the turn in is now too acute and you'll be easier to spin, since your tyre contact patch is more inline with the collision forces. What I would have done was aimed for the second apex to try and block that attack, as any collision would be more or less inline with my direction of travel.

As for the AI, all it knows is you locked up and went wide (and could have carried on locked up till you're off track), so it has every right to try to make the corner.

Hope this helps.

Matt.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.