1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Really.....

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by iwanchek, Oct 13, 2016.

1. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

100% PC posts supporting AI, 100% console posts supporting driver....I know which one I listen to since i'm on the same game as them...;);)

All these comedians going into how advanced the AI is when KS have acknowledged on PC and console they are dumb is hilarious, not to mention the game can't even handle pushing real physical limits as shown by my mysterious Air Jordans @Flugplatz on the Nordschleife.

Waits for PC comments about slowing down and how limited the physics system is/isn't..... I guess they don't notice the two ferraris at the start launching about a foot in the air....

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  2. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Hmmm, under heavy breaking (slightly miss my
    Breaking point) I can't block the second apex bcoz on the entry a was to wide. To block the second Apex I've to got really
    Slow on the second (it's not only blocking the apex I've to get out if it as well with decent speed) one hell would hit me as well so far I know the system in the game. As I say it's programmed that he kicks me which is BS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Funny isn't it?!? One side supporting X other Y lolololo.

And yes watching the video I've realize that you eat too much curry wurs to much that's why your car leans on the right hand side (watching the video), hahahahahahahahahahahah.

And when you like drive the game from day
    To day you see to much flaws and not "doesn't make any sense"situations here!

I really don't know how to win with my LaFerrari against Zonda R and 599XX on Spa (Hard difficulty). It's ridiculous!!

4. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

It is very interesting to have PC gamers jump into console discussions and get all fanboy butthurt. If the developers get their feelings hurt because of some legitimate criticism, then maybe they should do something else for a living.
    I enjoy the game, but it is far from perfect. It has some glitches and it appears that the development team is addressing them.
    My biggest gripe is that theere was hype about this game being the best Sim on the market. Maybe for PC, but not yet on the console.
    So, here's some advice for the fanboys: shhhhh. If you're not part if the solution, you're part of the problem.
    Tata

5. MatthewSean

MatthewSean Racer

Happens in the real world as well.

Same section of track and same car.

Cheers

Matt.

6. Jebus

Jebus Alien

It is also very interesting to see some console players getting butthurt just because a PC player joins the thread and tries to help. Also how fashionable of you to label opposing opinions as fanboyism.

Horus, Dookie, paulieGTR and 3 others like this.
  7. Larryf1951

If the shoe fits...

What I was referring to, though, is the people that have the game on PC (which is vastly superior to what we got on the console) come into the console discussions and get snarky. If you can provide help, it is appreciated. If all you want to do is attack the opinions of others then you will be called fanboy.

8. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

It is funny... I am not going to state fault but even in the top racing in the world... that same thing happens a lot.

Racing is risky, mistakes are made, things happen.

Edit - and the console/pc thing is not worth discussing ever... people are good and bad on both sides and the internet is full of of it.

Dookie, Horus, eSEA One and 1 other person like this.
  9. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

So you directly approve such behavior from the AI just run over you like that in the video?!?

Why do you approve it??
    In the real word ppl will brake AI didt brake
    At all I think.

10. Berry

Berry Alien

I've been taken out like that in multiplayer races, with no regard from the passing driver, so yes, there's a chance that would happen with a human player as well.AI isn't perfect, it's far from it actually, but they are constantly getting improved, frankly I don't even bother with AI, if I want to race I go online, singleplayer's for hotlapping :).

MatthewSean and EMW SMILER like this.
  11. MatthewSean

MatthewSean Racer

I explained how to mitigate this, and why the AI was caught out by your actions. So again you out braked yourself, then tried to make the first apex, turning a 45° entry into an almost 90° entry. That makes you massively slower on corner entry.

The AI takes the correct line and speed, this event happens in the braking zone. So where is the AI supposed to get the extra braking distance from?? The AI brakes harder it locks up and slides into to you, same result.

1: Since your entry is tighter, the contact patch of your tyres is inline with the collision force.
    Contact Patch.png

That diagram doesn't take camber, body roll or any other forces, in to account.

2: The weight transfer is to the left hand side of the vehicle, and overloading an already diminished amount of grip.

So as I said forget making the first apex, as the only compromise is to try for the second, which leave you more square on to the impact, and travelling in the same direction as it. Yes you'll probably be slower, but so is trying for apex 1, and as a bonus the collision will give you a slight boost in speed.

Hope this helps.

Matt.

12. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

I am not approving of the AI or You in this racing incident. My comment on your video still stands.

13. Larryf1951

It was never asserted that the AI is expected to be perfect. Nor that the player will be. The complaint as I see it, is that upon impact, the AI does not slow. It continues to drive as though nothing happened. That should be addressed.
    Yes, accidents will happen. The AI should not be programmed to avoid every collision, but it should react to the collision appropriately.

14. Larryf1951

It was never asserted that the AI is expected to be perfect. Nor that the player will be. The complaint as I see it, is that upon impact, the AI does not slow. It continues to drive as though nothing happened. That should be addressed.
    Yes, accidents will happen. The AI should not be programmed to avoid every collision, but it should react to the collision appropriately.

pippo10 likes this.
  15. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Different effect, failed to mention that one didn't you, I do believe it's a law of physics or something insignificant like that though, you know what they are? I must have the driver side only aero package then because what you've shown is what happens in real life due to front/rear downforce, what i've shown is absolutely nothing like what is depicted in your video, try showing me a video of a car wanting to launch directly onto its side, use laws of physics while describing my video too while you're at it, hahaha:D.

Well then you would absolutely love AC on console, you should sell your PC and buy a console and maybe a real project car with the savings. Don't worry the online is exactly like PC just like the rest of the gameo_O.

No seriously, you should try it. Best thing of all it's 'FULLY CUSTOMISABLE' just like it says on the cover.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  16. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

This was already talked through in other thread. Nissan lifts other side because it has collider problem/bug. Ferraris are lifting front just like real cars.

17. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yeah, maybe AI would have memory and experience and not predicted situations technique, then maybe they would know that your driving isn't very predictable, and you can choose irrational racing line, such as in this chicane. Your line was very bad, and in close fight against human player very few would be able to avoid you. And they should go offtrack then obviously.... Steffano said once about enabling AI going offtrack, but that has its own issues.

By the way, I hope next update will introduce AI doing traction mistakes from time to time :)

Larryf1951 likes this.
  18. MatthewSean

MatthewSean Racer

If your problem was the fact that vehicle rolls after take off, atleast mention it in the original post, or to quote you "failed to mention that one didn't you".

To correct you, what happened is the vehicles up hill momentum is greater than the combined weight and downforce effect, thus the vehicle maintains the upward momentum. Then the airflow catches the sealed underbody, turning it into positive pressure against the body and flipping the car, not a front/rear downforce issue.

Yep pretty sure I know what physics are, the same ones that say accelerate a mass up a ramp, it will continue in the direction unless a greater or opposing force acts upon said mass, because of gravity this results in a parabolic trajectory. In space the effect of gravity is lessened, and the trajectory would be nearer to linear.

when I read that line I knew you'd have some problem with my post. Guess that means owners of pc and console versions are not worthy of either sides attention.

Cheers

Matt.

19. L2D_Gopher

L2D_Gopher Racer

I believe the point about pc vs console is at this point they are two separate games so when some of the pc guys comment on issues we have on console it's mostly speculation on what is going on instead of ways to fix the issue because it's different but I'm just a dumb old school gamer what do I know

20. schmron

schmron Racer

Also speculation ;)