1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Reduce or turn off shaking car

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Derek Speare, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Gamer

Hello,

I would like to see options to reduce considerably the amount of shaking and vibrating the cars make when driving. I have the driver's head vibration zeroed out, but the cars still shake and vibrate much too much for my tastes. I'd like to suggest that users have the option to reduce the shaking if they wish. Thank you :)

JvM, Backmarker, Silvastone and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Could we ask for an option to reduce/turn off crowd on grandstands? Nov 2, 2018
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Content Manager UI reduces scale after returning to it after a race Nov 28, 2017
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Reduce Tyre Degradation May 3, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions CSW 2.5: Which parameter reduces the steering stiffness? Mar 25, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Opponent count reduced again [USER ERROR} Nov 18, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How I've drastically reduced the stutter Jun 25, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Reduce Steering Wheel Inputs for TSW? Apr 24, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Reduced car performances Apr 17, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars REDUCE AI NUMBER Apr 3, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Is there a way to reduce Opponent Strength in Championship Mode? Mar 5, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality FFB force reduce in VR with oculus Sep 13, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Drastically reduced VR performance with 1.0.7? (2080ti / i9) Aug 15, 2019
    ACC User Interface Possible to 'reduce' the Ingame FPS counter? Jun 16, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Option to reduce track objects Oct 17, 2018
    Suggestions Please reduce pit speed from 80 to 60 kph Dec 27, 2017

3. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Racer

I want MORE driver head movements according to gforces and the like. Much much more. As it is now it just seems like the drivers head is bolted to the car and doesn't give me a feeling of gforces on my view.

4. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Gamer

Either more or less...I am hoping we have the ability in the future to set it as we like from none to anything.

Sriple Tix likes this.
  5. it may feel realistic, but 95% of the time, that will slow you down... and a lot.

6. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

haha try disabling "lock drivers head to horizon" and see how much it moves then :)

I see no problem here to be honest. The shaking isn't "canned" from what I can see, but produced by actual bumps on the tracks. I am rather sensitive to blur and stuff in games, it makes me sick. But I have no such issue with AC

JRantajoki and paulieGTR like this.
  7. Chris

Chris Racer

I enjoy the g-force movements, but I despise how the view shifts down permanently when going up or down hill. When I turn off "lock drivers head to horizon" the whole world outside the car bounces like crazy, which really isn't good on a big TV. Can't see.

8. Yeah, it's kinda like motion cockpit. Been looking for a way to stop or even decrease it some. Nothing yet.

Didn't see your normal thing there Derek, so I'll get it for you....

DSD FTW!

9. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

snip...
    This...
    +1 i likey.:)

10. The reason some of are having a problem with it is because of the field of depth being the same of everything on the screen. It has to be this way because of our 2 dimensional screen.
    Even if we try to focus on the track ahead, we are still focused on the screen. Even though we do not focus on the dash etc., it is still in our field of focus. In real life it is out of our field of focus, even if it is in our field of vision, we don't notice it because our focus is up the road. To have a bunch of motion on the screen can be distracting.

When we have other cars on the track and I notice some motion I'll be able to react faster, because I'll know it is another car. There is no reason that I should have to learn to ignore the motion of my car. IRL I wouldn't be able to see it unless I "looked" at it.

Just because some think it looks cool, or don't have a problem with it, then good for you. Some of us just see it as distracting. In my opinion, that is the stuff that only helps replays look good. I am a sim racer, not pretty game look ater.

Silvastone likes this.
  11. shutaro

shutaro Rookie

Hi, I get 3D sickness and hideous on AC shaking with or without locking onboard to horizon. I cant drive AC more than 10 laps... help and give solutions please?

I am using Eyefinity 3 monitors setup and configured AC with triple screen app.
    I usually drive iRacing (and rFn or KRP, etc.) but I have never been such 3D sickness.

12. aaltomar

aaltomar Rookie

Derek, where did you change the head shaking? AC is very stressing to the eyes with a triple screen eyefinity setup as I look at the horizon the screen shaking makes my eyes bleed, can't race very long as it gets too tiring for the eyes to try and keep focus. IRL your eyes can easily keep a distant fixed object locked, but in AC that distant object is constantly shaking and that shaking is hard to follow. Looking something similar to iRacing way of rendering the car / world movement.

13. Velo

Velo Gamer

You can change that in camera_onboard.ini.
    I have it like this:
    Code:
    [MODE]
    IS_WORLD_ALIGNED=1
    FOV=40

[GFORCES]
    MIX=-0.001,-0.0003,-0.005
    LAG=0.8

[SHAKE]
    SCALE=0.0, 0.0, 0.0
    FREQ=150,150,100
    RANDOM=0.5

[ROTATION]
    HEAD_MAX_DEGREES=60
    SPEED=20

Reduced Gforces and artificial shake disabled completely.

It would be great if we could set a percentage of horizon movement! That would not only make the view more natural but also reduce the pitching of the car on slopes :)

14. Thank You.

There are so many trees that I can hardly see the forest.

15. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Gamer

That's the issue is that the car is in our visual field. In a real world we don't see these things as the are not in our visual field, and as such we subconsciously ignore them...Bryan FTW!

Velo's post below yours answers the question. I've set everything to 0.

NB - I'm not arguing the validity or invalidity of the car and head shake. Some folks like it and others do not. My suggestion is to give the user control over it so those who like it can tailor it to their liking and those who do not may turn it off.

Silvastone likes this.
  16. S.L.F

S.L.F Rookie

anyone have the orginal camera_onboard.ini settings ?

17. Silvastone

Silvastone Gamer

I agree to have control over it, so each driver can set it up according to their needs.

I personally like the cockpit completely static while the outside world bounces around... my eyes can keep track of the outside world and the virtual cockpit matches my steering wheel controler, wich is fixed, not shaking. This way feels a lot more natural to me... is how I always driven the beloved nkpro...

This and the ability to hide the virtual steering wheel are the only things I really miss to have the immersion I am used to.

18. pudenfuhrer

pudenfuhrer Rookie

You *may* like these settings?
    I found that editing the file camera_onboard.ini
    which will be in C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg
    made a nice improvement for me. It just needs more cues to the current g force and road vibration to go with the wheel.
    I use trackIR and like a narrower FOV than some.
    My file now looks like this:
    [MODE]
    IS_WORLD_ALIGNED=0
    FOV=48

[GFORCES]
    MIX=-0.015,-0.015,-0.02
    LAG=0.8

[SHAKE]
    SCALE=0.008, 0.004, 0.0027
    FREQ=100,150,100
    RANDOM=1.0

[ROTATION]
    HEAD_MAX_DEGREES=80
    SPEED=20

19. Silvastone

Silvastone Gamer

Dude, you changed my life!!!! Thank u so much!

I had tried to edit that file, but only changed the SHAKE section... when I followed your post and edited the GFORCES as well, the game came alive to me! It is sooooooo much better now!

The cockpit doesn´t move at all, and all G forces reading come trough the horizon moving up and down and sideways.. a lot more natural for me! The only thing missed now is to hide the virtual steering wheel, and it will be perfect!

spot on m8!

pudenfuhrer likes this.
  20. Chris

Chris Racer

Does anyone know how to do exactly the opposite? I want to minimize world shake outside the car, and see the movements in the cockpit.