1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Request - Brake Pressure Option

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rodrigo, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Rodrigo

Rodrigo Gamer

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I'd like to request some way in the game (controller setup, or car setup) to adjust the brake pressure, or pedal travel and sensitivity of my brake pedal. The way it is, I barelly reach 50% of travel and my brakes are already locking up!
    It surely would be nice to have more travel, and hence, more precision, at our disposal.

Rodrigo

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Feature Request: Brake Duct adjustment in Pit Stop Nov 27, 2021
    ACC Physics Request: Brake press. & increase in telemetry freq. for driver analysis per Segers Dec 22, 2019
    General modding discussion Suggestion/Request: A Brake and Car Control Training Facility. Nov 30, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Idea / request app brakes and turbo display Jul 19, 2014
    3D car models BMW E92 M3 Brake lights template request Jun 18, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Request/Suggestions for upcoming AC:Evo Apr 28, 2024
    ACC Gameplay A request to the devs regarding AI… May 24, 2023
    General modding discussion search request for 3d modeling Feb 20, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room License request question Sep 15, 2022
    ACC Tools A wish or request for a LFM helper app Aug 28, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting A request to add windows 8.1 support for ACC Jul 10, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Is a post here sufficient to get the privilege to file a request for support? Jul 8, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Request for DNF value in results file Mar 30, 2022
    ACC User Interface Feature Request - Notes area Nov 10, 2021
    ACC User Interface [Feature Request] Favourite Multiplayer Server Sep 1, 2021

3. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Hi. I wonder if this is what you looking for:-
    [​IMG]

4. Rodrigo

Rodrigo Gamer

No Lazybug, in practical terms, I'm saying my G27 brake pedal can travel, say, 15cm. But I never use it fully, my brakes lock up when I reach 8cm. So I have only 8cm to control a fully working brake. This gamma setting doesn't solve it.

5. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Really ?? Even the gamma value change to "3" also no work ?? I using DFGT stock pedal so i get lock easily like you if use value = "1" for brake gamma but if i change it to default 2.4 or more i can press more before wheel lock.
    Anyway if that not work for you then hope someone can help you, sorry for that :rolleyes:

6. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

What I think Rodrigo is saying, is that his pedal just goes from 0 to 100% at 50% of the possible pressure of the pedal. So even if you change the Brake Gamma, it only changes the behaviour within the 50% range you have, but doesn't change the fact that 50% travel is max.
    Not a complete deal breaker for me, but I second his request.

7. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

i used to have a problem like this.

i had to fully push the pedal down at the start of a session so the game recognised it had lots more travel.. not sure why but i dont have to do it with the thrustmaster pedals.

8. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I wonder if using the "configuration wizard" will help for the game fully recognize the brake pedal travel amount ??

9. FUORIGIRI

FUORIGIRI Racer

I confirm

10. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

The wizard recognizes the full pedal length travel but I don't get it ingame - I tend to reach 100% pressure at 50% travel myself.....

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  11. Bailey

Bailey Alien

In many race cars they have an option to adjust the maximum pressure of the brake when pressed all the way down. Sometimes this is used to save brakes or avoid wheel lock. I think this is what Rodrigo is talking about. If course you can use this same setting to de-bug your personal settings if you wished.
    ~Bailey

12. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Well, I think he says the same as me, 50% travel = lock up. :)

13. I would like to see brake pressure option as well. It is extremely usefull to be able to adjust brakes so that you get the most out of your brake pedal.
    Pedals usually are stiffer at the end of the travel range in sim rigs, and so having the wheel lock only at the very very end, makes the braking easier to be consistant with.
    This feature kinda needs to be in the car setup section, since it is very vehicle specific, how the brakes behave, unless there will be a vehicle specific FFB adjustment options so that brake gamma could be adjusted per car, which obviously would achieve the same goal.

MAUZERIS[LT], =TK= and Rodrigo like this.
  14. Rodrigo

Rodrigo Gamer

Yes, that's it.

Muckymu, yes. Through the game configuration, one can do the opposite of my request: you can tell the game the max amount of travel (when it asks for you to fully press the pedal) is that that you press at that given time. So, if you press, say, 10cm during the setting, the game will consider 10cm=100% brake pressure

So, it'd be nice if we had a slider in the controller configuration to set the max value the pedal could input. This way, I could set 100% travel=50% brake input value, for example

Nonetheless, I think the appropriate way would be the realistic one... to dispose the brake pressure option in the car setup, if the real car does have it. Don't you think?

15. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Well I did press 100% thru the wizard....maybe it's too late for me to understand things well, or it's too much wine, I'll go ponder on this eventually....

16. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I would like to make sure people know that the utility of having adjustable brake pressure is much different than the gamma setting for the brake pedal.
    ~Bailey

Rodrigo likes this.
  17. Rodrigo

Rodrigo Gamer

muckymu, I basically meant you can, in the game, make 50% travel=100% pressure. But you can't make 100 travel=50% pressure.

18. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Sounds perfectly clear to me (without the wine!) :rolleyes:

19. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

That's what I seem to have.....so that's now what I do ;)

20. Real cars don't have this option.

21. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Sure, but you need more then 1 minute to do this^^

Same here (gamepad user, but still annoying). Cant drive fast without ABS if its locking with 50% pressure.