1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Request to dev team: option to completely disable trees.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sbabba, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Sbabba

Sbabba Rookie

Hello, I have just bought the game and yesterday I have tested it with my two computers. The first one is a high-end machine, the second is my old computer, sporting a q9450 cpu and a 9800gtx+ gpu. Now my problem is that for room space reasons the only computer I can play the game using my wheel is the older one.

Since the 9800gtx+ is a dx10 card I had to force the game running in dx10 mode from the config file and the I had to disable motion blur, and of course I get the horrible 2D trees all over the tracks.

Now, I do not care about the graphic aspect of the trees... I mean they look awful, but I do not care. What I find really disturbing is that in circuits like Monza the 2D rendering of the trees makes the game impossible to play, because they obstruct completely the FOV in some point: just try running down the straight before the Ascari!

So here come my request. Since you have allowed people with older dx10 cards to play the game, would it be possible for you to add a graphic option to completely remove all trees from the rendering? That would allow us dx10 users to ACTUALLY play and enjoy the game. Yes of course the track would look empty, but frankly I'd prefer it that way than the way it is today.

I think that a lot of people would like this possibility! Thank you for any kind of input you can give on this matter :)

------

Ciao a tutti, ho appena comprato il gioco e l'ho provato con i miei due computer. Il primo è una una macchina di alto livello, il secondo è il mio vecchio computer, che monta una q9450 e una 9800gtx+. Ora il mio problema è che per motivi di spazio l'unico pc su cui posso giocare usando il volante è quello vecchio.

Siccome la 9800gtx+ è una scheda dx10, ho dovuto forzare il gioco a girare in quella modalità dal file di configurazione e quindi mi ritrovo con gli orribili alberi renderizzati in 2D.

Ora, non mi interessa dell'aspetto estetico degli alberi... sono brutti, ok, però non mi interessa. Quello che davvero mi disturba è che in circuiti come Monza questi alberi 2D rendono praticamente impossibile la guida, perché ostruiscono completamente il campo visivo: basti provare a percorrere il rettilineo prima della Ascari!.

Quindi ecco la mia richiesta. Visto che avete permesso a persone con una vecchia scheda dx10 di usare il gioco, sarebbe possibile aggiungere un'opzione per rimuovere completamente gli alberi dal rendering? In questo modo noi che abbiamo una scheda dx10 potremmo veramente giocare e goderci il gioco. Certo, il tracciato apparirebbe vuoto, però francamente non mi interesserebbe, almeno sarebbe giocabile!

Penso che in molti approverebbero questa possibilità! Vi ringrazio anticipatamente per ogni input sulla questione :)

Alexims and Sri Harsha like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay A request to the devs regarding AI… May 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Request for Devs add AI to Online races Aug 6, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Request from a developer (a.i.) Oct 31, 2019
    ACC User Interface Request for clarification (for DEVELOPERS) Jun 16, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality VRuser request to ACC dev team Mar 10, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Request confirmation Gentlemen developers Sep 22, 2017
    Console Lounge How to get a proper third person view and a request to the devs Jul 18, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Dash App LCD dev request Dec 5, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes RealHeadMotion : TrackIR + LookBehind/Left/Right (humble request for devs) Nov 28, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues (request to developer) Neutrale engage key Oct 8, 2016
    Tracks modding Job request for trd (toyota racing development). Aug 24, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Original content filter (request to developers) Aug 15, 2015
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Request to developers: rally gears Aug 12, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Do we have request / wishlist threads for Assetto Corsa Devs? Jan 5, 2014
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Requests for RT App development. Dec 7, 2013

3. Sri Harsha

Sri Harsha Gamer

Bump to put this ahead
    is this possible?

Sbabba likes this.