1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Reversed grid in mp

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Thomas Gocke, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Hi there,

I know people will shout mayhem, chaos, crashing etc., but I think this would be great fun and worked well in LFS (imho):

Could we please get a reversed grid option for MP, race after race with grid positions being the reversed order of the previous race result.

Cheers,
    Tom

mms, bonta84, *TancBoy* and 14 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Reversed Grid does not working? Apr 17, 2017
    Suggestions Two Races without reversed grid Mar 22, 2017
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ford Mustang - Left Mirror Reversed May 10, 2024
    Steering wheels discussions Logitech G29 Pedals Are Reversed on PS5 Oct 16, 2022
    ACC Physics Tyre deflection reversed? May 22, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Reversed server list sorting by night attribute Nov 27, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Wheel toe reversed? Nov 26, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Final Gear Ratio slider on Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II reversed Jul 14, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Lights from car 0 (???), reporting as reversed!!! May 26, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Bmw 1m reversed tyres texture Jul 27, 2015
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres (solved) anti squat reversed? Jul 10, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Pedals reversed Jun 2, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Has everyone's opinions on the booking system reversed? Feb 12, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Ferrari 458 gt2 lights control reversed Oct 17, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster rgt reversed throttle and break Aug 11, 2014

3. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Or get to choose how many of the top cars are reversed E. G. only the top 8.

4. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

good idea.
    Feels like WTCC rules

5. TCLF

TCLF Alien

general custom gridding would be great

6. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

This would be a nice option.

Somewhat offtopic:
    Rolling starts would be nice as well. I'd stick with standing starts myself, but I'd imagine some would find it useful.

Fred Joseph likes this.
  7. olliraa

olliraa Gamer

+1 for this feature. Works like a charm in LFS.

8. Damien Wintz

Damien Wintz Racer

custom gridding already works perfectly if you use prebooking. So even if it's not very convenient to do it (there's a bit of scripting to do), it's already possible to have reversed grids.

In our AC league we run with rules similar to WTCC (2nd race is reversed quali order for the first 10 drivers) and it's been a blast. Of course a more convenient way to do it would be welcome.

9. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

yes yes yes

10. Jester71

Jester71 Racer

Could you tell me how you create reversed grid or could you post a script as an example?

TCLF likes this.
  11. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

This would be great if we have two sprint races. Restarting server is big bother.

12. tarocck

tarocck Rookie

I up this thread because I think it would be a real good idea ;)
    It allows us to to make different type of race and all league would be happy :rolleyes:

13. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

14. filip_ovik

filip_ovik Rookie

I am running a swedish ac league and this feature would help a lot! Right now we have to simulate a qualification where I tell in the chat when right driver should go and in which order, takes a lot of time.

Hope this feature is implemented soon because the races in race 2 is always the most fun when the faster drivers have to find their way through the pack and the slower guys have more a chance to take some points :)

/Filip

Sokar77 likes this.
  15. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

as far as I understood Stefano would like to implement an option so plugins can influence the starting grid. This would then open the door for things like reversed grid.

filip_ovik likes this.
  16. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

And also the most sensible thing he can do. Whatever (closed) solution he will come up with, people will instantly demand 15 slightly variations. Plugins can do that, Stefano won't.

17. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

Good for closed Server Races, but in an open Server i think nobody will drive a Qualification.

But i like the Idea too

edit: ah my misstake... you mean double races!

Good Idea, good idea....

18. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Many LFS servers were running no qualification at all. The fast guys from the last race had to start from the back. A lot of fun with lots of action :)
    But it only works if the guys in front know how to use the mirror while the guys from the back show respect and patience.

tabis and TCLF like this.
  19. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Might be fun to start a 3 lap no qual server up with blackwood :D good old days

Sent from my X5001 using Tapatalk

20. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

Although an old post, can I please raise this again for MP. Trying to do it manually (calling out names over Voice chat) is a pain in the you know what.

This would be a serious game changer for Multiplayer League Racing.

Cheers

Shaun

21. Coanda

Coanda Alien