1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Richard burns rally + xpacks

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by rustygears73, Jan 8, 2015.

1. rustygears73

rustygears73 Racer

hey all,
    I desperately need some help! just bought a digital download of richard burns rally. am coming back to the game after a few years. am downloading 'great britain scenery pack' on Sim Racing World.com, and i need to have Xpacks installed from Bobs track builder. but i have no idea what it is!! any RBR fanatics on this forum, please help. i wanted to ask on SRW's forum, but they are locked. don't know why. if anyone know's anything about these addons and the RSRBR 2014 mod please clue me in. i need help bad!! thanks much

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Richard burns rally this much? Jan 6, 2015
    Tracks modding More richard burns rally stages please! Jun 28, 2014
    Bug reports Charmeleon graphic glitch in Paul Richard Mar 1, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career Mode Paul Richard Pit Limit Jun 19, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Paul Richard penalty system Apr 7, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Aston Martin | Nicki Thiim | Blancpain GT3 Test | Paul Richard | LIVE Mar 15, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Not counting clean laps at Paul Richard Mar 7, 2019
    ACC Gameplay 3h Endurance race Paul Richard Nov 28, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Richard Hammond speaks about his Rimac accident Jun 29, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Richard ayoade & david mitchell try simracing Aug 27, 2015
    Screens & Videos Videos by Richard Kiel aka Evodesignz May 7, 2014
    Liveries 1987 | Peter Brock & Jim Richards | BMW E30 M3 Gr.A Dec 26, 2013

3. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Racer

4. rustygears73

rustygears73 Racer

oh cool. thanks buddy. listen, since you seem to know about RBR, how about the H- shifter plugin 3.0? it is configured to use the clutch in a supposedly realistic way, but i've had no luck with it. the older plugin i can use, but i really want to use a clutch with my TH8 Thrustmaster. anyway, thanks again.

5. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Racer

I never bothered with it, to be honest. I just used by shifter's 3rd and 4th positions to represent a sequential, same thing I did with GPL.

6. rustygears73

rustygears73 Racer

yea, i could use the sequential 'tiptonic' shifter instead of the paddles. paddles only seem right to me on F1 cars(lol). oh listen, they say that you have to extract the scenery pack to Xpacks, doesn't that mean that i need it installed?

7. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Racer

Like I said, Xpacks has nothing to do with playing the game, it's only if you're wanting to make your own tracks. They're expansions for Bob's Track Builder.

Just follow the instructions in the link I gave you, that'll tell you how to get RSRBR up and running.

8. rustygears73

rustygears73 Racer

ok thanks

9. Champion Hero

Champion Hero Simracer

RSRBR 2014 is dead now btw.
    2015 is out. Not used Xpacks, but following the guide on RSRBR's site to install 2015 is pretty easy - just be sure to have a good connection. A crap ton of downloading to be done.

To ensure this stays open, does anyone know if there are any good gravel/mud rally tracks for AC? Quite surprised we haven't seen any modded rally content yet

10. rustygears73

rustygears73 Racer

yes, i downloaded 2015 this morning before going to work. there is alot to DL. going to try to work all this out now.

11. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

Awesomness ....off to get 2015 thanx for the heads up :)

Joux Plain was released for AC, but i believe the link was removed, some kind of infringement possibly...do a search on you tube, I'm sure you'll find a link to the mod ;)

12. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

There is a Rally Poland from Simtraxx, I think it's just a mere quick conversion but it's gravel. Unfortunately off road in AC is the same as regular grass and tracks it seems. Still, it was neat, and at least realistic for the most part.

13. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

Remember 2013 was over 14 Gb and I never cared for 2014. But 2015 is downloading as I speak :). This game is timeless!

HellzWind likes this.
  14. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Racer

What was wrong with 2014? It was literally the same, with more content...

15. bromstarzan

Didn't say there was anything wrong with 2014. Since it was "litterally the same" I was satisfied with 2013. ;)
    (and I had a huge amont of BTB projects/stages baked in 2013, so switching to 2014 didnt seem motivated)

16. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Racer

You wouldn't happen to know how to add new cars and stages to RSRBR without replacing anything, do you?

17. bromstarzan

@SeriousSpy, not sure what you mean exactly. RSRBR handles all the tracks and cars (and mods) you wish to use, just pick a track from the >200 stages available... or 200+ cars etc. You mean you want to see all those options inside RBR menus?

18. rustygears73

rustygears73 Racer

downloaded RSRBR and installed but everytime i DL trackpack, carpack,etc. it's in a format that is like a text file. don't know what to do. and when i try to run RSRBR, it say trackpack or carpack not installed! confused.

19. rustygears73

rustygears73 Racer

never been so confused in my life

20. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Racer

That's... odd...

Exactly what type of file is it, open the properties and it'll tell you.

21. rustygears73

rustygears73 Racer

well, i tried to determine what type of file it is. not sure, but it seems like a text file. was able to install RSRBR cause the file is an executable- just click on it and install. anyway, am downloading 'complete car pack' now, and after will DL 'complete track pack'.
    which is one large file each. maybe will have better luck. but is there a specific place in the richard burns folder where the track packs and car packs go? just really confused right now.