1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ripped Off

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by wilo28, Nov 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilo28

wilo28 Rookie

So I bought this game at midnight on release day, with high expectations. I was blown away by the feel of the physics right away. As we're a couple buddies of mine as well.

So naturally we want to set up a lobby just to test together and get some laps in...

How in the world does a game get released in 2016 with no lobby system? Is this a joke? how can a developer get away with ripping people of like this. There's literally 3 people online in my region as I write this.

At this point it may be to late, I feel like an idiot for buying this digitally.

Does anyone else feel this way? Is there anything that can be done about this? Anyway to get a refund?

MBK72 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Ripped Off Mods Sep 16, 2016
    Chit Chat Room ripped ac content in other games. Dec 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Guys have you see this?(ripped or not?) Jun 17, 2015
    3D car models Legit or ripped ? May 27, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Calling mod police - anyone able to confirm this is ripped? May 22, 2015
    3D car models New racing truck for download(seems its ripped) Sep 30, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Laferrari ripped by mr. harris....finally! Aug 1, 2014
    Screens & Videos Videos ac (ripped content = ban) Nov 8, 2013
    Screens & Videos Screenshots (ripped content = ban) - gifs not allowed Feb 27, 2013
    ACC General Discussions Small question about time multiplier / offline Apr 16, 2024
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Servers are offline Jan 27, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone else notice pink (missing textures) and street lights at Monza turning off as you pass them?? Dec 19, 2023

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

no not on console at least where you cant set lobbies(yet) and cant refund. its a shame though, i do hope you guys get private lobbies. It has helped the pc a lot and it would do the same on console

Radfahrer and mister dog like this.
  4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Your might get a refund from wherever you bought your copy.

MBK72 likes this.
  5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

mister dog, Seria17hri11er and Horus like this.
  6. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

They are supposedly coming.

7. Horus

Horus Alien

It surprises me that someone would buy anything without checking it has the desired functionality. If you bought a new car with the same attitude you would lose a fortune returning it for a refund. Stick with it, Kunos will make the best sim possible for a console, they work hard for a very small team. If most of the lobbies are empty in your region then why not join it with your buddies, it will be close to what you want till you can create your own. An update will be coming soon, good luck and enjoy racing.

Dookie, Engberg, TDS and 2 others like this.
  8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Horus, you are tracked down as a dev. Or maybe an agent!
    How do you dare posting an opinion here?
    You little, condescending a..hole!
    Shame on you, trying to help out!
    :D:D:D:eek::eek::eek:
    :)

9. wilo28

wilo28 Rookie

Sorry for assuming being able to select a track and car combinationt to enjoy online with others. I understand that a lobby system be it public or private is not common these days, maybe ps5 will be able to handle technical feats like online lobbies.

10. djm99

djm99 Gamer

Ripped off? one really should do ones homework before purchase.

11. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

And maybe users might be able to handle such technical feats like reading a description before purchasing software :rolleyes:

12. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

The developer and publisher were pretty evasive about multiplayer, the information about the lack custom lobbies wasn't made public until the day before the game was released for example...

Why was that kept hidden until then do you think?

In fact this game has the worst implementation of online multiplayer racing that I can remember, I was playing games with better functionality in 2003 on the old Xbox...

MBK72 and Larryf1951 like this.
  13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I woud like @Horus to ad to this fairy market! The best clowns together would make up for a great deversion. Blind cattle...

14. wilo28

wilo28 Rookie

Agian, Sorry for assuming, on the ps store it days 2-16 players for multi-player. It was my fault for assuming it meant there was lobbies... witch is why I feel ripped off.

Anyways hopefully you guys who stick it out get lobbies eventually, good luck.

15. Horus

Horus Alien

All this BS about 'Never seen a game like this since BLAH BLAH BLAH!', very short memories. EA, thousands of employees, millions of pounds of cash, load and loads of experience, yet Battlefield 3 was a freakin nightmare on both PC and consoles. It still is a shocking mess on PC, who thought it a good idea to have a web launcher!!!! Come on, developers release products thinking everything will be okay, or they run out of time and have to fix it after the fact. Kunos, yeah dropped the ball, give them time and you will see they will come good. AC will not be a GT/Fonza/PCars/iRacing, it is AC. If you need to know what it is going to be like then do some research before you buy it, read from different sources and DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ! especially not publicity/PR.

I'm out of here, have a great night.

edit: Here is a quick search for 'Console games with issues on release'.

https://gamerant.com/broken-games-launch-batman-halo-diablo-155/

I'm sure if you look, you will find more.

16. JMR1985

JMR1985 Racer

well most shops wont even sell the game no more anyways if you got a normal copy of it just Throw it on ebay if you got a download copy ah well just hit your head off the wall as no refund off that trust me im the same on xbox

17. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

At first, I wasn't sure if you were kidding, then I saw that Horus liked it. Whew!

Ace Pumpkin and Horus like this.
  18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yeah, I know I put my words on the very edge...
    The last line should have made it clear, though...

Larryf1951 likes this.
  19. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

The game was advertised with these features, check your facts.

Unsurprisingly, your car analogy is totally incorrect. You would have 30 days to return the car without giving a reason within the EU, (but then AC isn't registered in the EU for tax purposes is it ;) ) after that if you can show an advertised feature isn't present you have far longer to return the car. You also have the same rights with this software if you are prepared to stand your ground.

JMR1985 likes this.
  20. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Awww @Horus , you have your own personal little hater. How precious!

I admit, I'm a bit jelly.

Ace Pumpkin and Horus like this.
  21. Fettsback

Fettsback Gamer

Ace hole and Borus polluting the console section again.
    Are Kunos/505 trying to squeeze out more money from PS4 owners with a price discount so early in the games life? Smacks of desperation to me perhaps they should concentrate on fixing this disaster of a port instead of gouging more cash through dlc. Absolutely the most shamelessly greedy grubby little company and shame on me for falling for their bait and switch scam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilo28, JMR1985 and MBK72 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.