1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ripped Off

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by wilo28, Nov 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

It's sad that you believe that 505/KS entirely sets the price on sony PSN.

Horus likes this.
  2. Fettsback

Fettsback Gamer

Are you trying to say that they had no input on the price drop ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

No.

4. Fettsback

Fettsback Gamer

Ok well would you care to elaborate on your point?

5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Well I just wanted to point that pricing is somewhat...not transparent. Sony certainly have something to say at what pricelevel they launch new titles, but it's ultimately how the publisher deals with the consoles digital stores. It might have been a decision by 505 alone on the current pricedrop, without Sony interfering, I doubt ks have anything to do with it. But, we can't be sure why the title sold at normal full digital price a few months ago and who is entirely deciding the current pricedrop already. At least bringing in KS on their supportsite as responsible is, to me, kindda sad in general. Not stating that you're not allowed to have an opinion.

Best

Horus likes this.
  6. Horus

Horus Alien

You sent that via an iPhone and talk about 'shamelessly greedy grubby company'! Cool, You are so funny. Guess where I am keeping you?

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  7. Fettsback

Fettsback Gamer

To me the price drop is there to sucker in more fools and to squeeze every drop of cash out of a game that is fundamentally broken and has been from the start and will probably remain so. They're able to release dlc every few weeks yet can't manage to fix button mapping, online servers and every other glitch in a long long list, this is reprehensible.

8. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Why always the nastiness gents, when someone complains about the lack of lobbies (understandably), a response saying Kunos is working on them is more than enough. With the condescending replies you're just giving the impression that we're a bunch of vicious fanboys here.

Fanboys yes, but not of the vicious kind ;)

Yes it's a setup, but now they have your cash and are laughing loudly on their way to the bank (in their Ferrari's). You'll never see an update again hahahaha take the money and runnnnn.

[​IMG]

9. Fettsback

Fettsback Gamer

Is it next to your big list of why living at home with your mother and being a virgin is cool ?

MBK72 likes this.
  10. Fettsback

Fettsback Gamer

They said they were looking into the possibility of it, not that they're working on it and there is a world of difference in that. They can't even furnish us with a straight answer of yes or no.

11. mister dog

mister dog Alien

That was the 505 games representative, this is from an actual dev:

[​IMG]

LeDude83, Ace Pumpkin and Fat-Alfie like this.
  12. Fettsback

Fettsback Gamer

Good news, just hope it's not a half arsed botch job like the rest of game.

MBK72 and JMR1985 like this.
  13. mister dog

mister dog Alien

That's a bit harsh now isn't it? Especially seeing you won't find a better virtual representation of these cars on consoles. On PC i find I'm mostly hotlapping by myself or doing the occasional custom race, something you can do too in the meantime whilst you're waiting for custom lobbies. This game is all about enjoying the physics IMO.

It sucks that the console versions doesn't have all the options we have on PC, but i'm pretty sure there's a lot of things that will be added down the road to make the overall experience better for you guys too.

Radfahrer, Horus and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  14. Fettsback

Fettsback Gamer

Have you played the console version?
    I'm not saying that for the old well you don't know what your talking about B.S.
    But it really needs to be seen to believe how bad this game is.
    The car handling is good and I can live with the PS2 graphics but the absence of all other things that should be in a sim is laughable not to mention the lack of private servers all things that any company with pride in their work and a semblance of quality control would have sorted before release never mind months afterwards. Personally as it stands I'd be embarrassed to be associated with this IP. Bargain basement shovel ware at best.

JMR1985 and MBK72 like this.
  15. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

mister dog, you seem reasonable in your replies so maybe you are willing to actually listen to views from the console side of this game.

Your opinions are based on the pc version which deserves all the critical acclaim it has received no questioning that. Have you actually played the console version to make a comparison? Other than the handling model which by and large remains in place the current console version is an empty Beta version of AC when compared with the latest pc version.

The main reasons people feel aggrieved are:

- AC was sold as a fully featured finished game on console at AAA prices. In reality it was an early pc beta version ported to console - complete with the same early bugs.

- Fully customisable multiplayer was and remains an advertised feature of the game. Console users have no access to any multiplayer customisation.

- It has taken months to make even the most basic game updates. When the dev team knew how much more difficult updates on console were why did they not make sure the game was as good as it could be from the start? At least matching the latest pc version, this remains unanswered. Unfortunately the timing of the release makes the console version look like nothing more than a cash grab to pay for the Porsche license. How far 'down the line' should people on console be expected to wait? This isn't a beta, early access or preview game it is a full release.

- The decision to push DLC while the game remains without advertised features and game breaking bugs makes the intention of the company look bad.

- Framerate issues, while improved, remain in some circumstances, this is game breaking for a sim and the hot lapping etc that you suggest.

- There are numerous other game breaking bugs such as game saves and progress being deleted, inability to save setups, setups not 'holding' in hot lapping or race conditions. I could list over 40 significant bugs in the latest build but am no longer willing to help due to the nonsense from the one eyed pc fan club in response.

- The silence, inconsistent and general lack of any tangible answer from the devs makes the situation far worse. The pc version had 3 updates within hours of the latest version release, console users have to wait weeks for very little. On similar games the console updates are usually a day or 2 behind if that.

Some people feel ripped off and their criticisms are valid. The publisher isn't arguing with any of these points but on this fan site pc only users shoot down any possible criticism.

Time to take off the rose tinted specs and look at the reality that the pc version and current console version of this game have little in common and comments based only on experience of the pc version really don't help all that much.

Daz730, Redxbcoupe, WallyM and 4 others like this.
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Just want to answer on 2 points of your post (I put them in bold).
    1. Do you think that most people would like them to delay the dlc's because the game are having issues? I dont. We see threads asking about DLC atm.
    2. Im pretty sure that the reason behind that is because other games wait to release the PC version to when the console also can get the patch. People that use a steam version shouldnt have to wait for Sony and Microsoft for approval. Im 99% that I read that the console patch was send the same day as PC got it, October 25th.

Keep in mind that im using the words "think", "im pretty sure" and "99%" instead of 100% :)

17. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

You guys go too far in disrespecting each other. Im closing this thread now. If any of you bother to do a similar thread or disrespect someone else in a similar way you will be instantly removed from this forum.

Have a good sunday.