1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ruf RT12 R suspension feels bouncy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Orne, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Orne

Orne Alien

Has the suspension on this car always been so bouncy in the turns ? I took the RT12R out on Zandvoort and Nords and I noticed quite of bit of porpoising. Its strange because a few months ago when I drove this car I don't recall it behaving in this manor. Perhaps I'm more observant these days.. Hmmmm

Using stock setup, no changes made

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues RUF RT12R headlight and brake light LOD issue Dec 23, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues RUF RT12 Tyre visible in cockpit Apr 23, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues RUF RT12R longitudional wheel offset Jan 31, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Ruf RT12 R - why no street tyres? Oct 1, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues RUF RT12R dashboard reflecting underneath the car Aug 12, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Ruf RT12R wheels offset towards the front Jul 26, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues ruf rt12r (RWD) default wings setup Jul 3, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues RUF RT12 AI stuck at starting grid at Nordschleife Endurance Apr 1, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Few issues with ruf rt12r Mar 13, 2016
    Liveries RUF RT12R Martini Livery - UPDATED 29/3 Mar 11, 2016
    Liveries Xedrox - Ruf RT12 r collection (Updated v1.1) Feb 26, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Ruf rt12r ai retires Jan 6, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Ruf rt12 r no cockpit lighting Nov 6, 2015
    Liveries Ruf rt12r breast cancer awareness Oct 29, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Bug dirty car ruf rt12r Oct 26, 2015

3. mxu79

mxu79 Gamer

yes it its, actually its fun becouse that bouncing :D

4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I remember Aris saying RUF had different suspension options available. The option we have is standard and quite soft, but RUF will produce pretty much anything you fancy... He mentioned adding more options, presumably as S variants, but it's never happened.

RedLoto likes this.
  5. Berry

Berry Alien

Yeah, suspension is out of a VW Golf 1, at least that's how it seems :D.
    Quite a fun car though if you learn to "manage" it, sure it's not the fastest, but it does have some charm.

6. Orne

Orne Alien

Ahhh ok, interesting.. Sorta reminds me of cars when a tuner can't afford coil overs and just cuts the springs to lower the car.. I'm getting used to driving the RT12 although when a proper 911 (ie; one thats not over powered)is released I will probably never go back to the Ruf. Porsche GT3 Cup would work a lot better for me.. Although the RT12 might be great at Circuit de la Sarthe. The Ruf has taught me proper feather throttling technique, without which I'd never survive exiting the first turn.. ha!

Thanx for the info !

7. 700+HP, it's decently fast. :p

8. Orne

Orne Alien

It seems like overkill at most tracks. I suppose at Spa and Le Man it could get a good work out. Its fun to drive at Nords, although I'm not skilled enough at this point to give it a proper workout. 400HP would be plenty!

9. Berry

Berry Alien

Yeah, sure, if you can put the power down, because right now all it seems to do is rip the asphalt off of every circuit I drive it on :p.
    The reason why I love Porsche's is the exact opposite of this car, no overkill, the precision with which the chassis and the engine work together is a special thing in Porsche's, the RUF...not so much.

aphidgod and Orne like this.
  10. Orne

Orne Alien

Ruf RT12 will teach you right foot discipline for sure!! hahah. The AWD version isn't bad although I always feel like I'm cheating with all wheel drive.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Bouncy suspension is a good indicator that you need to adjust the dampers.

Don't like the RT12, so no idea if you can improve that.

aphidgod likes this.
  12. Orne

Orne Alien

I was attempting to compare the AC version to a real life RT12 on a track somewhere although strangely the only video I could find of a real RT12 on a track was a single Nords video and that was in car. I guess most folks drive these beasts on the street or stick them in the garage.

In preparation for the Porsche release I've been driving the CTR at 50% boost and find it quite managable. 0% boost I imagine makes it feel more like a naturally aspirated 911. Of course that is on a green track grip setting.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  13. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Yeah i can confirm what people said about options, was thinking about doing a RUF mod a while back and called them up, there are very few things set in stone with the RUFs, its pretty much bespoke on a per person basic. ultimately what it came down to is that RUF said if wanted something that others can get then go get a Porsche but if you want to be one of a kind but dont have the time to make modifications and tweak it to perfection then RUF is the better choice. The conclusion I came to is that RUF is like pre-built PCs and so its pretty much Alienware which ultimately led to me doing the 718 Boxster instead(cancelled, will be re-modelled to the 718 Spyder whenever that gets annouced as the current one will be dlc).

Mogster likes this.
  14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Not just over 700 hp, we have the version with 940Nm of torque too and most of it from 3000rpm onwards. Probably the more important number for that car.

As for suspension, it is a bit bouncy but I personally think it still drives well. Possible that the AWD version might be a bit stiffer? I'm not sure.

@Brownninja97 Ruf is like Alienware? lol Does Alienware produce their own CPUs and GPUs? Ruf gets the bare chassis from Porsche, everything else is custom made to customer specs. They're not just some tuner.

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I haven't driven the car that much recently but I don't think it would have got any softer, I actually quite enjoyed running it at Nords and may need to put a server up with it again. Here is a lap in an earlier build there.

Orne likes this.
  16. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I agree that the 2 newer Rufs feel somewhat bouncy, but I really like driving them. Something about the way it bounces: you can sense that the CoG is well behind you. It's like the front hops up and down more than the back. I noticed this when I took a ride-along in a 911 GT2. Or is it all in my head? :confused:

17. Berry

Berry Alien

Drop a bit of tyre pressure, and use all the aero that the setup lets you use, then it'll feel better.
    @arthur666: Yep, lots of squat under acceleration, you can seriously feel the front unweighin when you play with the throttle, it's quite interesting, but I do have a feeling that normal Porsche's don't feel like that :).We'll see in a week.

Ace Pumpkin, Orne, snyperal and 2 others like this.
  18. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

That's a good point. I forget that the Ruf has a lot of available downforce for a road car.

I don't think I've ever ridden in a "normal" Porsche, other than driving an old Boxster around town once. The 911 I was in was a track-prepped slick-tire monster. :) Probably not stock shocks/springs. It was also a little older, a 996.

19. Berry

Berry Alien

You will always feel that weight transfer, you can't really beat physics, but these days Porsche know how to use it to their advantage --> traction.I'd like to write a huge post explaining things, but considering that we only have to wait a bit until we can test it in-game, I think that'd be useless :p.
    The 3.0 RSR should feel "classic" enough for us to understand the 911 characteristics.

snyperal and arthur666 like this.
  20. Orne

Orne Alien

nice video. Is that straight out of AC or did you do some post processing ? (other than the picture in picture of course)

21. Orne

Orne Alien

Thanx! I always forget about aero as most of the cars I drive don't have that option. doh!