1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ruf RT12 R - why no street tyres?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Gunja, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Gunja

Gunja Alien

How come Ruf has no street tyres like 458 and mp412? Not available IRL?
    For today i wonted to make street tyres only server with supercars and (my favorite) Ruf must be left out... shame.

xystof likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues RUF RT12R headlight and brake light LOD issue Dec 23, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues RUF RT12 Tyre visible in cockpit Apr 23, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues RUF RT12R longitudional wheel offset Jan 31, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Ruf RT12 R suspension feels bouncy Oct 17, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues RUF RT12R dashboard reflecting underneath the car Aug 12, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Ruf RT12R wheels offset towards the front Jul 26, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues ruf rt12r (RWD) default wings setup Jul 3, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues RUF RT12 AI stuck at starting grid at Nordschleife Endurance Apr 1, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Few issues with ruf rt12r Mar 13, 2016
    Liveries RUF RT12R Martini Livery - UPDATED 29/3 Mar 11, 2016
    Liveries Xedrox - Ruf RT12 r collection (Updated v1.1) Feb 26, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Ruf rt12r ai retires Jan 6, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Ruf rt12 r no cockpit lighting Nov 6, 2015
    Liveries Ruf rt12r breast cancer awareness Oct 29, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Bug dirty car ruf rt12r Oct 26, 2015

3. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I'm with you. I think all street legal cars in AC should have Street Tires as an option. There could be different types of Street Tires too. I'm not talking about 90's Street Tires, but like, Street Tires for regular cars like BMW M3/M4 and then Street Tires SC for cars like the RUF.

eXo and Gunja like this.
  4. Orne

Orne Alien

Ruf with street tyres would be bonkers!! lolz :D

5. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Oh, I'm sure it would be... I have a feeling that car, in real life, is absolutely nuts. Just gotta be very gentle with the throttle and get off the gas and break much sooner than you are accustomed to. Maybe it would be good for me so I wouldn't be over-confident like I sometimes am with the semislicks. Or maybe I'd find crash my RUF and end upside-down and on fire just after Flugplatz... One or the other. :D

6. Semi-slicks are sticky street legal tyres in AC, not actual competition tyres (Toyo RR or Hoosier R7 for instance, one notch higher than R-Comps).

Seria17hri11er and Alexandr66 like this.
  7. Orne

Orne Alien

Ahhhhhhh interesting. I really need a set of Kumho Ecsta XS for that GT40. :eek::cool:

8. They're good but if you want grip go for RE-71R's, they're as fast, if not faster, than NT01's (R-Comps)! They just don't last very long.... :p

9. Orne

Orne Alien

Have you driven the Ruf CTR with the 90s street tyres ? Quite the challenge especially on a green track.. haha!

Gunja likes this.
  10. Gunja

Gunja Alien

I haven't, but i'll give it a go.
    ALB123 is right, all street cars should have optional ST.

Orne likes this.
  11. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

But they're street legal basically in name only. Nobody would realistically want to drive round on them in any kind of normal situation.

The RT12 normally comes with full-treaded Michelin Pilot Sport Cup's, which are far more practical road tires that are still track capable. It would certainly be nice to see this option for this car. I believe the Ferrari 488GTB basically uses the same ones and Kunos has designated them 'hypercar' tires, so it'd be nice to see more cars get these more realistic options(such as the Ferrari 458).

12. That's exactly what I said AC's semi-slicks are. Very sticky street tyres. Sport Cups are quite crazy, almost as grippy as R-Comps. If not as grippy. Same kind of thing as Pirelli Trofeos.

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

What! Doesnt 488 ingame have the regular road tyres? :O

14. D-Fazer

D-Fazer Gamer

Because in real life, the Michelin pilot sport cup who is mounted on this car is a semi slick ;)

When you buy a car like it's impossible to think to put it on cheaper tyres :D

My old Honda Civic and my old Evo 6 was on semi slick tyres 8 month per year ;-)

Now i'm on Evo 8 with Michelin pilot sport 4

15. When you have the money for a car like that it's not really a problem... Personally this year I've kept the UHP's track-only (daily them last year and they wore too much), tho they are on the car now since I'm done with them. I have a set of normal summies for daily driving. Next year I'm getting R-Comps so I just take out the passager seat and shove that in there :D

16. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

I thought the Sport Cups weren't quite as crazy as some other more '(semi)slick' rubber. Better wet performance and general road compliance than your typical track-biased semi-slick. Hence their use on many supercars(most of which are never driven on track). And why Pirelli use their P Zero's instead of Trofeo's on Lamborghini's and whatnot.

17. Nah, Cups are very agressive. Even more so the Cup 2's.

18. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

Its like some Lotuses from factory arrives with Yoko A048 semislicks.
    [​IMG]

19. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

To be honest IMO this car should have hyper car road tyres not street ones as an addition.
    The RWD version lacks sometimes mechanical grip so much...

I also read somewhere that customers questioned RUF's decision to offer only steel discs for the RT12R (as the company claimed that there isn't difference in braking performance between the two and thus there is no need of using carbon ceramic discs). This car is crying for stronger brakes... the car's pace outperforms it's stopping power. It will be a massacre when brakes temp. will arrive for RT12R...

20. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

RUF RT12R comes with carbon ceramic brakes.
    [​IMG]

xystof likes this.
  21. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Then I have no idea where I read about those steel brakes... all in all in the end they are still crap even if they're ceramics.
    On the other hand not every car can be a 458.