1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sebestian Rally demo

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by petesky, Jan 24, 2016.

1. petesky

petesky Simracer

So just tried the demo...bitterly disappointed after following it's development so closely..physics are unconvincing...I flipped a few times hooning around the training ground, if you take the corner too hard you dont slide, you'll flip. Control settings are terrible, my G25 is in 180 mode even though I've set it to 900 in game. Performance is crap it stutters even though I've turned everything to low and capped it at 50fps, although it was silky smooth during the replays. Graphics look nice, no where as good as dirt rally. Don't waste your time, the demo is a 4 gig download lol

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay AI unable to do pitsops properly and generally worse since GT2 update Feb 4, 2024
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Assetto Corsa rally timing framework - Patrick Brunner's co-driver mod 2.0 Jun 18, 2022
    ACC Physics ACC Turbocharged vs Naturally Aspirated - No report from some GT4's Mar 6, 2022
    Screens & Videos Rally legends Video Jan 2, 2022
    General modding discussion Rally assistance? Apr 2, 2021
    Chit Chat Room AC is like Dirt Rally May 31, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room Online Room with Megara Greek Circuit Track and Peugeot Rallye 1.6 S2 May 7, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Rallye Feb 8, 2020
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Rally en Asseto Corsa Consola Jan 13, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Frame drops, stutter and generally very poor video performance Dec 29, 2019
    Console Lounge Rally course Dec 9, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Literally cannot launch the game past the main menu. Nov 26, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Dirt Rally 2.0? Sep 24, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds ASSETTO CORSA AI PATH RECORDING FOR RALLY TRACKS Sep 3, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Dodge Viper (rally driving) Jul 10, 2018

3. Dutchyfutch

Dutchyfutch Hardcore Simmer

you do know that Rally cars don't have 900 I hope ? Lol other than that that flipping over is weird... any link to this demo?

4. esox71

esox71 Alien

It's on steam dude :)

Dutchyfutch likes this.
  5. dESK0

dESK0 Racer

Milestone game, ever official license is a garbage.

neimadmax and Cefa like this.
  6. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

this game must be garbage, because what i learned yesterday, milestone didn't want to give stefano a job as a programmer :D:D:D

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    Casper and mangal like this.
  7. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

They've probably spent years and lots of $ developing it, and it was looking like a pretty good rally game until Dirt Rally appeared out of nowhere :confused:

Sometimes it's not easy being a games developer.

8. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Typical Milestone game.
    Mediocre at all

9. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

long live world superbikes cos that was the last good thing they done, utter trash since

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  10. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Turn off "allow game to change settings" and use what deg you want from the profiler. I used 540 with WRC and R5.

I agree about performance. With my system everything @ mimum isn't smooth through the stage. But physics are much better than I expected. IMO if they get all the basic stuff working this should be a threat for Dirt Rally. WRC @ Monte feels already better than in Dirt Rally.

petesky likes this.
  11. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The thing is Dirt Rally's just a competent rally sim, it just happens that there hasn't been anything similar for years...

The physics and FFB are OK but nothing out of the ordinary, it does have buckets of atmosphere and nice realistic environmental graphics though. Don't get me wrong I do like it, it's a decent effort for which Codies should be applauded but it doesn't really set the bar very high though, it didn't need to as it had nothing current to beat...

mantasisg 2, Dori and mrk1001 like this.
  12. Dutchyfutch

Dutchyfutch Hardcore Simmer

Man this demo was indeed garbage. o_O

nate, nivadepi and Cefa like this.
  13. kunaldhiman

kunaldhiman Gamer

I respectfully disagree. :cool:
    Old Sbk games were good for that time. Contrary to what usually heard, modern Gp15 and ride are not bad games at all. They run smooth at 60fps with good competitive AI...far better than what is in car sims we usually deal with. Sure Milestone is not a responsive developer as community expect them to be, but they are the only one providing genres left unexplored by others as best to their ability. Car sim is for now is yet a milestone them have to reach:p. I sincerely thank them for their bike efforts as I thank Kunos for Assetto Corsa.

14. mrk1001

mrk1001 Gamer

Back when milestone was called graffiti they released an arcade racer called Screamer, with lots of road exotics, great graphics and tracks with ridge racer-like physics. I still play this game on dosbox with ipx emulation, still fun after 20 years.

It had F40, Diablo, Eb110, 911, Corvettes... Perfect.
    Imo all the following games by the studio were not even half as good as this one.
    Edit:
    Went a bit OT here sorry

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    cerebralvortex likes this.
  15. Ow, yes ! I played a lot of Screamer too.

mrk1001 likes this.
  16. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Modern day Milestone.
    I loved Screamer back in the day but anything they put out in the past 6 years is B movie quality at best.

17. mrk1001

mrk1001 Gamer

From Screamer 2 onwards they switched to rallying but Milestone tried to go back to road/gt car racing a few times with squadra course alfa romeo and evolution gt, but both failed despite some potential. All they did ever since was rally and superbikes i think.

Edit : forgot about superstars v8 challenge. The awful unfixable deadzone ruined that game. Wasted potential once again

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    ShimonART likes this.
  18. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

SBK 01 was awsome. So many hours spent 1 vs 1 over the LAN.

19. petesky

petesky Simracer

How the hell is milestone still in business when they keep churning out crap year after year? And people complain about AC and Rf2? I will never complain about AC again as long as i live. 20 ai cars constant 60fps..single car seb rally 40 to 60..

nate, Cefa and dermonty like this.
  20. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

After what they tried to sell us the last couple of years, i didn't even bothered to download the demo. Let's just hope the CM will keep us entertained with extra DLC stages for Dirt Rally

Nick Moxley likes this.
  21. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yeah, I hope CM adds some more varied stages/locations, a few more of the iconic classic rally cars, and more RX; that could keep me satisfied for a long time.

I'd love to have a modern version of RBR but, chances of that happening have to be about zero.

I've yet to see anything said about SLR that would tempt me to try it.