1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup section (PS4)

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by iwanchek, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I think the engine limiter values changed In V1.03 anything with 100 will be from V1.01.

2. Diego043

Diego043 Rookie

Ok. That's the point . So some setting changed in V.04

3. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Ok, I don't want to start a new thread, so we'll see whose still following this one.
    I am going through career mode, cleaning up where I missed the target or skipped altogether. I apparently gave up on the BMW M3 E30 Step1 on Nurburg-Sprint GT because the car seems underpowered, considering the competition. I am racing on easy (my pride wails in shame) and I can get fourth, but can never get close to third. Any setup suggestions?

4. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

The career have limited set up functions to adjust what I do on every race is playing but with the tyre pressure (lower it two clicks minus front/back), toe three/four clicks - (minus front/back) and yes fuel set to 5....gear rations, dampers bla bla I didt even touch so, brake hard, late, and nail every exit of the corner as early as possible, drive clean and podium and maybe a win is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larryf1951 likes this.
  5. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

The difficulty levels were not made easier, this was one of the notoriously hard races even on easy, you have 3 options really: do it on very easy, be so clean and lucky that you can keep up enough to win based on the field all pitting or use the pit glitch like I did which gets you a good few seconds lead at least and then hope they still pit as the top car or two will most likely still catch you before the end of the race or before/if they pit. This glitch showing up in the console version when it was patched in the PC version already is probably the first of many to come and shows some slackness in alpha/beta testing. How in the heck could they not test for a bug on console they knew existed on PC? Where is the logic?

Larryf1951 and EMW SMILER like this.
  6. Larryf1951

Thanks. I haven't seen the AI pit in a race yet. The race is only 4 or 5 laps. Maybe the patch corrected that. I did win on very easy, but my pride says I gotta do it on easy.

paul_wev likes this.
  7. nasll2404

nasll2404 Rookie

Hey :)
    I created a setup for the McLaren 650S GT3 @ Spa.
    Basic setup was quite twitchy in fast corners and you couldn't really trust the car.
    Now it's quite stable and you can take all the fast corners full throttle (Eau Rouge, Blanchimount, Stavelot..). It also behaves really nice on the brake. Maybe still a bit nervous while turning in. I while work on this later on. :)

With clean laps you should get into 2:17's. My driving wasn't too perfect in that lap.

Hiho,
    maybe i`m wrong, but i tried to fix the settings like this hell driver. For me some not possible to adjust because of to high values.
    e.g. engine limiter 100!
    have the settings changed by the upgrade 1.09?
    Thanks!

Sohail_16 likes this.
  8. Rashid

Rashid Rookie

Looking for good setup for Mugello track for mclaren mc12 gt3? Any ideas? In default setup the car tends to lift off the back during high speed corners even with just a small lift of from throttle. It s also a bit slippery in low speed corners. Any tested ideas?

9. Larryf1951

Edit: Replied in wrong thread...these are not the droids you're looking for

Rashid and paul_wev like this.
  10. Hey Guys, whats happening here, are setups being posted or what? don't see many, I want use ones by ps4 users, the pc and ps4 are different games, like most crossover titles, not a slight on Kunos, they made the game for pc first, you can't expect them to make a ps4 do what a PC can, either way it's hard to find tunes for dedicated PS4 users.

Kembro and paul_wev like this.
  11. Rashid

Rashid Rookie

I agree, that's why a I created a new thread career mode walk through with car setups but no one answered.

jamie mullaney likes this.
  12. I find the community collaboration on this website to be quite poor in general, on GT Planet it's populated mainly by PC users, who quite often look down their nose at the lesser species of console users. please let me know if you find any dedicated places for PS4 setups,

paul_wev likes this.
  13. Also Rashid, please add me on PS4, im not very god at AC yet, just starting and it's so different to gt6 and Pcars, look forward to hooking up soon.

paul_wev likes this.
  14. Larryf1951

What type of setup are you looking for? Controller, wheel, individual car? Ask your question and I, or someone else will try to help.
    I am no expert, but I've been playing AC since the day it came out on PS4.

15. Hey Larry, many thanks my friend, I play PS4, with a G29, (can't get this feeling that great either lol), at present any road car tune you feel is really good would be welcome, I personally feel my main problem is I am a mainly GT6 player who favoured road cars, except in GT6 the cars always get tuned and thus behave more like road cars regarding, weight, brakes etc, which means you never get a true sense of the difference from road to race cars, I feel in A/C I just need to realise I can't drive the road cars as fast as I am used to regarding braking pints, entry speed etc.

But as I said any good road car tunes would be welcome! thanks again Larry.

16. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Road car setup is very basic, you usually have 4 parameters to play with. Fuel, Tyre Pressure, Camber and Toe.

Adjust fuel to what number of laps you wish to run, simple :)

Tyre pressure, you need to figure out the "ideal pressure" this is basically a figure hidden in in the game that the tyres work best at, a friendly PC user can usually point people in the right direction, although with the recent update that may have changed. Pressure is more important than temperature in AC. Semi slicks will generally be 34-40 hot from experience so far.

Camber, set to max front and rear, on a road car you won't achieve the optimum angle so more is better, you can use rear camber to alter balance if you so desire...

Toe, use front toe to adjust turn in characteristics, Somewhere around zero is a good starting point (left hand live screen). Use rear toe to adjust for stability on corner exit.

Make a big change, the. Run at least half a dozen laps to get a feel for what the change has done.

Rinse and repeat, job done ;)

17. Larryf1951

Graveltrap gave you a better response than I could have.
    I also came to AC from GT6.
    I was initially disappointed, but it turned out that GT allows you to think that you're a better racer than you are. It was a tough lesson for me.
    Check out the weekly hotlap in the console lounge. There are always smart people in there willing to share setup info. And you'll see some amazing laps from people like Graveltrap

Kembro, paul_wev and jamie mullaney like this.
  18. Thanks Gravel, I shall test this out tonight, Many thanks, can I ask you opinion on the issue of do PC setups transfer over to ps4, I know ps4 doesn't have all the same values but, does hard or soft setup on one platform mean the same for the other etc.? thanks.

Hi Larry, yea GT6, although great fun, has gave me many bad habits, it's mainly just by like I said tuning road cars to actually feel more like a race cra, thus if you never race stock road cars you never get a sense really of the difference between the 2, I just feel when driving road cars in AC that I am never getting any where near the edge, but it's fun re learning the tracks and such, I will check out the lounge, one last thing, are there any known exploits ?

19. Rashid

Rashid Rookie

Hi, I'm looking for setup for BMW Z4 GT3 for the nurburging. I'm doing extreme championship right now, and would really appreciate any advice for setting up the car. I want to race with at least 60l of fuel and semi slick tyres as the race has 30 laps. Do you have any suggestions or ready setups?

jamie mullaney likes this.
  20. S-R-M Dino

S-R-M Dino Rookie

could anyone help with a setup for Toyota ts040 on Le Mans please