1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Shocked and appalled ...

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by EMW SMILER, Sep 8, 2016.

1. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

Some very naughty people have found a serious cut at Spa and some other spots on other tracks - it looked like Assetto Corsa was quite strict on track limits but I know of at least two places on Spa. I know its an irresistible urge for some and hoped you'd got it right but it seems not so - at least at present. Kunos please be the ones who stop it. Thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Shocked n disappointed 2 Sep 6, 2016
    Console Lounge Shocked n disappointed Sep 3, 2016

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

show a video so the devs can see the exploit. tyre wall of death will likely get added.

myimac likes this.
  4. EMW SMILER

Surely informing those with 'The Urge' will deepen my sadness - I am not very techy so would find getting a vid on here quite a challenge any way, but let me say I think you and everyone else who have raced other games will know the likely suspects at Spa. I would be happy to discuss this further securely, with those who need to know.... and yes 'Wall of Death' sounds GOOD.

Radfahrer likes this.
  5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Maybe wait for the next patch. I somehow see a few posts mentioning something along the lines of 'no penalties for cutting' or 'no track limits' and that's not an issue on PC at all. On PC there are relatively strict track limits on most tracks, you get a slow-down penalty if you go with some tyres over the track limits and DNF if you don't slow down for a certain time before the end of the lap - not ideal either and with lots of room for improvement but it's there. So unless this isn't a case of servers not having penalties enabled (which is at the discretion of the admin) and if penalties/track limits are somehow not on console (for some?) then that sounds very much rather like a bug than anything else. If you can describe the exact locations of where cutting is possible for the devs to see.

6. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Pcars penalises the driver for cutting Eau Rouge / Raidillon at Spa whereas AC does not. So I tend to exploit this for now (against the AI I hasten to add !!)
    Also, not sure of the name of the corner, its that sweeping left hander with the huge runoff area; ya dont get penalised for taking that at speed and letting the car run wide either. But then again, by the time you've rejoined the track you're miles offline to the right and in the mire for the next right hand corner anyway!!

Shifter Blister likes this.
  7. EMW SMILER

2:11 at spa in gt3 - I think that's a bit quick... I will see if it is fixed after the patch.......

8. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Yes they're there but more than likely as they would have been cut and pasted from your glorious PC version, they're the same issues that do occur on PC....There's corners where the penalties are not harsh enough and it's easier than stealing candy from a baby cutting them and just running to the next corner with a 5 second penalty and using the braking zone to remove the penalty, did you not think of this exploit or can you confirm penalties on pc are more harsh than console? It's not even hard to see which corners are easy to cut, in fact you would have to be blind not to figure it out real quick.

MBK72 and EMW SMILER like this.
  9. There are cuts all over to be honest. Penalty is pretty strict in some areas. In others you can take massive off track excursions with no problem. I mean cutting whole chicanes in a straight line through the grass massive.

No leaderboards along with no custom lobbies are my biggest faults with game. But with the penalty system needing as much work as it does probably better they aren't there. Would be full of corner cutters.

10. EMW SMILER

There has been some carrot dangling and I am just waiting for the upcoming update to see what goodies we have in store .. hopefully that will include something to deter those who prefer a shorter route in races. The decision on private lobbies is a critical one I would say so we can only hope, my friends.... and wait.
    And no leaderboards is just silly

11. Yea, we can only hope. I haven't spoken to Mayhem or Distant lately, so no idea how the game is being received with you guys at EMW. But it was a non starter for us. Only two of us even bought it.

I really hope they have some big plans and at least reveal them soon. Game has a ton of potential. But I'm afraid they might have already seen the opportunity to establish a foothold in the console market pass them by.

12. EMW SMILER

I believe I am the sole representative of EMW at present, others who own the game are waiting for the patch before they play again. I think most of them share the hope that future development of AC will offer us the content we were expecting. Much conversation has been had and the consensus is that the physics are outstanding and it's a joy to play - its just a bit lacking at the moment. Single player balancing was another issue talked about but that is most definitely on the update list.... so a couple of weeks and you could find yourself inundated with EMW's .
    Of course all my comments are my own and are not sanctioned by EMW.

13. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Damn dude, you're still around:cool:. Remember your name from FM3/4 i'm pretty sure. You were one fast dude, good to see some people I knew and looked up to back then still going strong today. Yeah that Monza cut is amazing how much can be taken out and lucky to even get a 5 second penalty huh. Thankfully there's very little in the way of serious racing so far that the AC environment is still very enjoyable in terms taking it cruisey.

14. EMW SMILER

What amazes me is there is no prize, no recognition, no leaderboard, rarely anyone left at the end of the race - and these people still have to cut. Please cutters there is a game coming soon where you can do what you want, cut anywhere you like, ramming is positively encouraged and they give you lots and lots of (pretend) money - I am of course assuming they can read though......

15. Yea, still around. Probably not going as strong as I was back in those days. But I can still find my way around a track.

Agree that maybe it's best there is no real competition to speak of right now. With some of these cuts as bad as they are if you had a ton of people trying to compete you would have tons of cutters on leaderboards and a ton of people angry about it.

Imola is another track with massive cut. Found it in anger trying anything to catch the AI. Made a video of it on my Xbox feed if any want to see it. It's kind of funny how bad the cut is.