1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Shocked n disappointed

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Zzcan, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zzcan

Zzcan Gamer

Firstly I'm an experienced driver sim and real I had been looking forward to this for ages and hope it turns out as good as it should But what has gone wrong. Maybe I'm missing out the obvious but how is this a sim.
    1. How do you save the few things that you are allowed. Mine all just vanish
    2. How the hell are you meant to set up anything when for the life of me I cannot see my tyre or brake temps
    3. Some of the standard set ups are murderous and cannot be correct.
    I have many other problems I won't mention as I do want this to succeed the tracks are fantastic The physics may be ok when dialled down from shaking the wheel out my hand.
    Sorry 4 the downer just shocked

rawsco808, Lancaster and Cdiff like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Shocked n disappointed 2 Sep 6, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Shocked and appalled ... Sep 8, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Speed Hacker Spotted Disappointed Nov 9, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Very disappointed Jun 30, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting G920 bug - very very disappointed Apr 29, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Xbox 1 migrant, seriously disappointed Jan 10, 2018
    Console Lounge Rather disappointed with latest update release notes Jan 9, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Balance of Performance - Really disappointed after Patch 1.0.3 Oct 8, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Extremely disappointed Jun 1, 2016
    Chit Chat Room I'm very disappointed that Assetto Corsa is lacking this feature :( May 9, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Disappointed every build Apr 14, 2014

3. all of the issues you are having have been reported and will likely get patched and added as soon as they can. you have to adjust your FFB settings to what you find suitable there are posts in the steering wheel forum with good values for different wheel setups

Lancaster and mister dog like this.
  4. Zzcan

Zzcan Gamer

Thnx 4 reply
    Just seems astonishing to put out a sim raver with no tyre temp etc. p cars with seat adjustment night n rain and a trillion force adjustments plus pages of car adjustments seems on a different planet.
    I'm even having trouble going from qualify to race. I end up pressing everything and hoping.
    Plus the manual gear shifts are hopeless
    On a plus the sound is superb

5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

What cars are you talking about regarding too little setup options?

6. b1ur

b1ur Rookie

Drive the Nissan GT3 car, that has the tyre temp readouts on the dash :)

texmex675 likes this.
  7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

OK, can't say this for the console version, but iirc on pc the GT-R GT3 shows the tyre pressures.

Tomcul likes this.
  8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I do feel for you guys on console not having wheel/controller adjustment, basic apps for fundamental things like tyre pressure and stuck with the proximity arrows. id say sit tight. opinions have been voiced and hopefully Kunos will begin to fix things as soon as they can.

whats up with gear shifts? which cars and what are you trying to shift with (controller, paddles, gear stick)?

9. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Well in real life you can't see the tyre temperatures will driving. At best only pressure.
    Even in pc, I drive with minimum info. I used to have everything on but it feels like cheating.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Hammerpgh, ekosan, alex72 and 2 others like this.
  10. Horus

Horus Alien

I thought it was 'Dazed and Confused'? Apps? What apps? Okay I have heli thingy and a odometer, but no telemetry as it is not really necessary, as you can feel when the car is off and you can hear if you are pushing the tyres too far or not enough. It is a given we have lots of choice on the PC, so I kind of agree that if we access to these tools, then it is only fair the console guys get some of them also. I'm sure you will have a good selection of apps in the future. Or dare I say SOON™ :)

11. Cdiff

Cdiff Rookie

Careful, I've had two threads blocked due to criticism. It's all praise and that's all A/C forum will accept. Constructive criticism is a perception to the individual. So be warned.
    I think the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in the history of motor vehicle video games is the ending to a race in Assetto Corsa. From winning a race to teleporting to the pits... nice work guys... nice work :p

pitlane.jpg

gregOr1971 and Bibbles like this.
  12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Criticism is welcomed here.

You had your first thread closed because of your rude and respectless behaviour and the second thread was basicly the first thread reincarnated.

Dookie, ShredatorFIN, pippo10 and 9 others like this.
  13. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

I'm not entirely certain that criticism is welcome on this forum. There is a lot of defensiveness from other players when posting genuine issues and an awful lot of pc gamers wanting to play down the issues. Agree slightly on the rudeness but I can also see the Steam only area and there are some disparaging generalisations about console gamers in there so the pc crowd are no angels either.

gregack, Grumblegoof and kofotsjanne like this.
  14. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

IRL you have a very qualified race engineers , box to driver radio , and a team working out race strategies, know exactly how long your tyres will last how much fuel your need to complete your objectives etc etc ingame you have nothing, the OP is correct as a sim all the information should be available to the driver.

cmch15, MLM_SPARCO and MBK72 like this.
  15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

iirc, the standard setups are as delivered by the manufacturer (yes, even the race cars).
    There might be exceptions (e.g. if the manufacturer doesn't provide one), but it should hold for most of the cars.
    And yes, some cars were/are outright dangerous to drive in real life (countach for example).

Apart from that, keep in mind, that the setup can depend a lot on personal taste and driving style.
    For the PC version, we have a setup sharing platform and quite often I try a few and—although I'm not a bad driver—have trouble handling the car, because the setup really doesn't suit my style of driving.
    In the same way, others might have trouble with a setup I like very much.

The other thing is that cars that have ABS quite often have a completely unsettled brake bias (often to the front), because they heavily rely on the ABS.
    It's close to impossible to drive these kind of cars without ABS.
    The same might be true for the traction control, although I haven't seen such a case (and I never drive with TC, but I haven't driven all cars).

Last note: If you think that there is a car which has a false default setup, open bug fix request and see what happens.

Hammerpgh and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  16. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

This I can relate to ! It's really apparent on the starting line where you can't select a gear until the lights go out. Manual H pattern equipped cars should be able to be held in first gear, with the clutch disengaged (pedal held down) as soon as the first light is on. I can never get a good start due to this, I'm always fighting wheelspin or bogging down as there's a lag between the lights and being able to get into gear. Even sequential gearboxes have a clutch to allow standing starts. As it is now, you have to hold the revs and either depress the clutch, select first and then release the clutch by which time, opponents either pass you on the grid or hit you from behind, or stay in neutral, hold the revs and bang it into gear after the last light goes out !
    Of course, if we can hold the car in gear on the grid, we will need to have a jump start penalty system which I believe the PC players have and of course, Project Cars has had from day one ! I do hope the devs are looking into this, plus all the other good stuff the PC guys have, like decent telemetry with tyre heat and wear information etc etc ?

Zzcan likes this.
  17. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I cast the occasional look at console gripes, and they are always laden with "Shocking! What the hell??? Rip off!!!! Hopeless!!" That is hardly the way to state genuine, positive criticism. It's no wonder it gets peoples backs' up. If I carried on like that at work (in IT), I'd be sacked.

I have been here since Feb 2013. In that time, I've seen a ton of criticisms of the PC version, and also a ton of changes and improvements. Criticism is certainly welcome and listened to if you don't accompany it with a tantrum.

18. Lancaster

Lancaster Gamer

Do you own a Ps4? Do you play A/C on a Ps4 and Pc. Just would like to know the difference.

19. Beastmode

Beastmode Rookie

If you have being through the same moans with the pc why must we get them with console? If for example everyone on of moaned they wanted certain features wich were then implemented why would they not put these in for console from the start and save the hassle. When forza 6 went to pc did they lock out leaderboards and telemetry and custom lobbies ? So it's surprising to me they overlooked these issues

talby71 likes this.
  20. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Console is a different platform, with different constraints (hardware, time, licensing, publishing etc).
    No, just PC.

Horus and alex72 like this.
  21. Zzcan

Zzcan Gamer

I se a wheel etc
    their are cars set up with rear toe -12 one side -2 the other plus many cars about a ,
    Metre higher at the front than the back. I've done a little driving and that is wrong surely
    Well that's helpful Mate you have a pc not the elixir of life Just go n polish your computer There's no need to be so pompous
    I wonder if your sacred edition of the game has standard set ups with cars camber -12 one side and -2 the other While others are 500 high at the front and only 100 at the back and when u correct and save , It's still there next time u look.
    I'm not interested in money back I'm used to over hype and accept a few problems. But man there's more than a few and the GAME is so basic. There's nothing here just nice tracks and very good sound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.