1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sim Racing System

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lino Carreira, May 1, 2016.

1. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

No seems like it didn't work that way :/ I have noticed that same stuff happens in RD sometimes. I guess thats one way to get attention and views.

Schnipp likes this.
  2. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yay, 300+ Ping player's car jumped back right on apex at Copse, another race wrecked. :(

3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

You really have a bad luck. Yesterday in Miata race in final laps I started pinging like crazy for a few seconds, while racing almost bumper to bumper with two other drivers. There was no contact, must have been outstanding luck, I even though that maybe AC is now handling high ping players better. Well, perhaps it was just luck.

4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yeah, watched the replay.

The guy ahead turned in, very briefly went off the brakes (KB/pad racer?!?), back on the brakes, off again and finally tapped them again.

On a low ping racer that usually not an issue, but he braked at a point you usually already coast and his ping meant the car jumped back more than a low ping player's car would have.
    I bet with a <100 ping racer we would have gone through there without a problem.

5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

How/where do you get a feedback to a protest and is there a feedback if the protest is rejected?

6. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I think it was via PM on their website. It took a couple of days. That's the only one I've submitted so I don't know what happens if it's rejected, I'd assume it would be by the same means.
    There is also a warning that the complainer can receive sanctions if they submit false claims, but I don't know if that's as up to date as being suspended from racing if you don't join a race after registering for it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Schnipp likes this.
  7. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Rookie

I was on the F3 server yesterday and there was a guy from Argentina who was getting 700+ ping to the server. I told him he was lagging and he should join one of the US servers. He ended up alongside me after Qly and I just knew what was going to happen @ La Source. I took it easy on the outside and...yeah, carnage caused by his warping lagging car. People are dumb.

8. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

You should report him. he will be warned or suspended and thus will learn the lesson and hopefully become a bit smarter

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  9. robbio71

robbio71 Gamer

I just tried to join the Ginetta Supercup at Thruxton and each time I launched I got a message Checksum Failed Kicked From Race. Why would this be please? I'm very disappointed I'd been looking forward to this one!!

10. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

have you check for car / track updates?

11. robbio71

robbio71 Gamer

No I hadn't. How would I know to do that in advance of the race? Wouldn't it reject my registration?

12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

It was pain to watch you trying to get in, all you needed was to update the mods.

Meanwhile the racing was quite nice, the track is very fun, and car is nice. 20minutes ran like five. In the begining of the race I have learned two things about the last turn - chicane. First don't brake outside to learn someone through, because you'll clip grass. Second - after you save the car, but get off track and get time penalty, don't stay there, go out of that place ! Those penalties there are made to cause wreckfests, thats for sure.

13. robbio71

robbio71 Gamer

Ok well, learning experience. First time I've tried to race with mods so I wrongly assumed everything was ok. I see there was an update to the Ginetta in December, that was probably the issue. I will check next time. Cheers.

14. robbio71

robbio71 Gamer

So tonight I tried to join the Porsche GT4 at Brands Hatch adn when I registered at around 5pm there were just a handful of people registered. By 8pm there were 77 people and when I tried to join the server it told me no available slots!! It's bound to be me, so what have I done wrong this time??

15. Ni-MH

Ni-MH Gamer

Bad timing, only the 4th split is working, it seems that the 3 first splits failed to create the booking list.
    I assure you this is not common.

robbio71 likes this.
  16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@robbio71 Maybe something is wrong with a system. When i lost connection yesterday in Ginetta qualification, I tried to log again a lot of times, it kept saying me that there is no available slots. I was trying from the app, and then from server lists, it wasn't working, but then later it finally allowed me to enter by joining through the app.

robbio71 likes this.
  17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I just raced the Dallara at Spa, that was fun, thank you for setting this online racing system. Joining from Content Manager was super easy.

18. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Having a tough time with failed Joins and Lost Connections on SRS servers. I can't seem to find anything wrong and have joined and completed races without any issue but past two days had a failed Join (after trying all the tricks to join the server directly instead of thru SRS app) and then today, joined successfully on the Moby Dick Le Mans server, went out on practice...got a few turns in and Boom "Lost Connection" and nothing worked to get back in the server. Yet I look at all the other online servers and I have normal connection and decent ping. Also, joined and raced an hour prior to this. Aaaarghh. @mantasisg 2 and @ LeiF...hope you had fun at LeMans...I'm watching on YouTube...its killing me.

19. kashifm

kashifm Racer

This seems interesting. I'm hoping to find rFactor 2 races as well as AC. Does anybody know if they have a discord?

20. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@Biner That really sucks.... I have had similar issue at Thruxton with Ginetta. Have been trying to reconnect multiple times till I have succeeded. Something is not working.

So I have been quite excited today. I always wanted to have a proper race like this, in Le mans with no Chicane, which never really happened in public multiplayer.... I was kinda woried about, frankly, stupid penalty system at this track. Which I have pointed out to @Tiago Lima long time ago, but never got any response. And it really ruined a race to a lot of guys today...

It is super difficult to avoid penalties, extremely. I was in stable 3rd place, and going for overtake in first lap, and surprisingly got a penalty, while I haven't fully left the track. So back to 7th or something. Just as I start to push again. Guy in front of me spins out, pushing me straight into wall. Continuing the race anyway, despite lots of additional drag back to 3rd again. And then later that guy Hector Leon cliped me when moving out of a slip stream. Thats it, it ended like that.

Ironically, first race in top split, and actually a first **** race to me. Even Monza race today in 2nd split I managed to have 0 collisions. TOP SPLIT LOL

Now I can feel you @Schnipp