1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Sooo...Supported wheels PS4 / No Fanatec

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by boskapongen, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Most of the hate and aggression from the case should be directed to Sony's direction. They doesn't win(quite opposite) anything bu for some reason they wanted to be ***holes. I guess there were
    some slimy lawyer or consult(they are maybe the lowest human form) who decided to give these "great" advices to Sony.

2. TM-BI

TM-BI Rookie

When I had noticed that my FANATEC did not work on the PS4 any longer (when the 1.01 Patch for AC was out), I first have had the Idea to blame SONY or KUNOS...
    Then I have had several discussions with the SUPPORT of FANATEC -and I read their own Forum.
    I had to discover, what Mr. Jackermeier, CEO of FANATEC told his fellow PS4 using Customers. I fell into shock!

Let´s go back in 2014. The last month of 2014. FANATEC told all his Customers that, if they want to play with FANATEC-Equipment on the "NEXT-Generation-Consoles", they need to buy the upcoming "V2 Base" - for 699,-€ or more...
    The new Base was advertised with an "PS4 checked" Sign on their Website. All the time until March 2016! The Internet was full of tests about the new Base being compatible with the PS4 and XBone. Youtube still is full of all those tests from all over the world. Several Gaming-Websites and Magazines also had special reports about "Simracing Wheels for PS4"...Always including the FANATEC V2 Base...

Despite Microsoft XBone early got its own licensed FANATEC-Rims and Hubs, PS4 did never get an official License - even if the LOGITECH G29 got one. No one expected LOGITECH to return on the consoles due to the security Chip hoax...that probably only effects the UI functionallity...

FANATEC meanwhile did "nothing" but declaring in March 2016! that they had to delete PS4 compatibility...but no one should be afraid......
    Then FANATEC again fed the news with an new released PS4 licensed Product - that still is neither guaranteed nor delayed. As far as I know now.
    The last statement I have heared from FANATEC Tec-Support was: The V2 will never work with PS4 again...

Are you sure, you are blaming the right company?

FANATEC advertised since late 2014 until March 2016 that their V2 will be compatible with the PS4 - even if they had no official license and no "Security-Chip" inside that SONY wanted from the first release of the PS4.
    It could not be any News for FANATEC that this would be mandatory to get their Wheels run on the PS4.
    They did not do anything but collecting a lot of money from Playstation Customers who trusted in their announcements.
    After they failed to get their products licensed, they preferred to blame their customers - and SONY.

I do agree that SONY could have acted earlier to deny Access of "not licensed Periphals"- but would this have changed anything for us?
    When the PS4 came out I have bought me an G27 to play GT5 and GT6 - then I had to discover that it will not work with the PS4 - so I wanted an Upgrade and bought FANATEC because of PS4 usage...

Guess who to blame - the one who´s owning the System and declaring to everyone to change of security-devices, or the one who did not tell you the truth about his expensive products and its compatibility with the System you want to use it with?!

End of story.

It´s on FANATEC to declare what they can and will do. Until now they missed it. They blamed me and all other PS4 Users who have bought FANATEC.

That´s my personal opinion.
    I deny to give any advice to anyone how to act and behave in this matter.

3. paulofma

paulofma Rookie

Hello, friends.
    I have the Fanatec CSR and wanted to play the Assetto.
    I heard about Cronusmax Plus and decided to buy I've had maxrace F1 V5 and is not as good.
    I also have the Logitech G29 and Thrustmaster F430.
    The Fanatec with Cornusmax is great. Amazing, perfect ffb.
    The firmware version 1.23 brought full support of Fanatec steering wheels.
    (sorry my english, by google translate)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    TitzonToast likes this.
  4. Kent Hering

Kent Hering Rookie

Get and use the Cronus Max plus. You won't regret it if you have a CSW V2. You will be using your CSW in Stealth "PS3 mode", but it works minus the rev & gear indicator lights. Hopefully 505 games or Sony won't figure out how to squash this little device. Don't know if anyone noticed but the AC game worked with the CSW at first, then came the wounderful update. I even deleted the update an reinstalled the game a few times just so I could play the title on my CSW. It was a work around until I got the Cronus. What I'm curios about is how is it that Slightlymad was able to get project cars to function with the CSW but somehow 505 games could not. Is Sony controlling this or are the game makers. Was the update for the AC game written by Sony or 505 games. Who is really blocking the CSW functionality. I think it is Sony, but I do find it quite odd that P/C was able to get around the Sony restriction and other titles have not.

TitzonToast likes this.
  5. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

It's because PCars was released a couple a years ago. Dirt Rally was released after that with full Fanatec support also.
    As you said yourself, AC had Fanatec support at release but Sony made Kunos pull the drivers because of a licencing dispute.
    I'm delighted the ChronusMax Plus is working for you. I've got two friends getting them soon so they can finally experience AC for themselves.

6. Revvin

Revvin Rookie

Really quite annoyed Sony has done this. My CSW V2 runs great with Project CARS and Dirt Rally and I was so looking forward to using it to play AC. I'm less inclined to buy racing games now on PlayStation, in future they will be bought on PC and XBOX One.

7. I'm disgusted too.. same situation.... Sony say Ps4 for the players... ha! not true... money money money.... it the only reason....
    Fortunally i have a great pc with vr sli geforce cards and Oculus Rift .... If they are not sooo stupid they should re active support for fanatec on ps4 otherwise owner like Us that will NEVER downgrade their preciuos CSW V2 will start changing consolle .....

8. TM-BI

TM-BI Rookie

Sorry to tell you guys are blaming the wrong site.
    It is not SONY who to blame, it is Fanatec.
    In my opinion they almost betrayed their customers in Fall 2014 already when they told everybody to need to buy the new CSW V2.0 because of the Security-Chip the Next-Gen-Consoles would ask for.
    The CSW V2.0 should be compatible they said.
    Fanatec advertised this as a fact and put a PS4 "checked" Sign on their Productsite. Almost all Magazines, VBlogs and online Magazines for Games reported the CSW V2.0 as PS4 compatible - in the games...
    But all the time Fanatec did not have an official License from Sony, they probably neither have had the Dev Kit of the Security-Chip - but they advertised to be "Next-Gen-Consoles" (plural) compatible...
    When pCars was out, Users noticed that the older Fanatec Bases were also "supported" (by pCars) and many of you were wondering why Fanatec has asked them half a year before to buy a new Base...
    Finally, in March 2016, Sony? asked Fanatec to remove the unallowed Advertising for PS4 and PS3....and Fanatec declared they would develop a new Wheel for PS4 this year but nothing will change for V2.0 Owners....
    How could they make such an Statement if they never have had an contract with Sony?
    They made one with Microsoft - but never with Sony where (so the CEO of Fanatec himself told his audience) 65% of all Simracingwheels are sold...
    Who do you want to blame?
    The Company who owns the Copyright or the Company that never made a contract with the Copyrightholder?

I have sold my Fanatec Stuff already.
    My Lawyer told me instead that there might have been a chance to get the money back from Fanatec...
    I am confident that some Customers sued them for damages or compensation.

I was angry after Sony first - but you just need to follow the discussions on Fanatecs own forums to understand whom to blame.

Sorry, that is what has happened.
    I did not want to blame anyone, not even Fanatec, but they really did everything to be fed up of their Company-Behavior.

Thnx for listening

Reinart86 likes this.
  9. It is a license problem between Sony and Fanatec, as I told MONEY... is the damn only reason..... Sony should be more focused on Players... Yes i have Fanatec so? Fanatec have not yet paid Sony ? Not my problem , remove advertising on the game BUT DO NOT REMOVE FANATEC SUPPORT.
    Sony has better wheel projects ? Good for Sony BUT DO NOT REMOVE FANATEC SUPPORT
    Fanatec IS teh best wheel , ten times better Thursmaster and friends.... Years ago the only compatibility problem between platforms and wheels were the code now is the money....
    License should be an argument to discuss ONLY for advertising the brand in the game and NOT for compatibility... Who cares come on!!!
    Sony let the Players play or the Players will change U.

10. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Of course it is about money!

Sony was always going to close the loop hole that Fanatec exploited, if they didn't then who else would bother licensing official products with them?

You can't blame Fanatec for trying I suppose, but IMO it is them that lead users up the garden path, if they had made an agreement with Sony at the beginning this mess would never of happened!

Reinart86 likes this.
  11. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

While you could blame Fanatec, I still blame Sony for this. The security chip has been talked about a lot. It existed said some, others denied. But its true, it excists. And every (new) steering wheel that is certified by Sony has them. But the only thing it does, is making these peripherals work in the home menu of the ps4, and the use of for example the share buttons on the wheel.

Fanatec has had no security chips (at the moment), because they are not officially certified. But the wheel still works in games, if the developers make them work. Look at the t500, it has no security chip either for ps4, which is why you cant use that in the ps4 home menu's, but it still works on ps4 as Sony does not ask developers to remove or not emplement these drivers for these wheels. And thats what they have asked codemasters, kunos and so on right now.

It is a matter of money for Sony. They never expected that Fanatec would be so popular on consoles, so they 'shut their eyes' a bit and accepted that they worked on ps4. But suddenly, after the succes of project cars, it seems there are more and more people who want to drive simulation games with higher end wheels on ps4. Assetto is there now... And Sony stopped with accepting this and asked kunos and codemasters to stop delivering the drivers for fanatec in the games.

Fanatec has offered to Sony to pay for licensing so they dan build a steering wheel (just the wheel) with the chip integrated, but Sony refuses. They do not want that you have a base which works on ps4 AND Xbox one with just exchanging rims. Sony wants you to buy a fanatec base only for ps4, so when the new generation consoles will come, it is more likely you stay with Sony because a csw2 base is a more expensive peripheral then just a rim (or new console). So again, al about money and keeping their customers stick to them.

The biggest problem I have with this, besides the deals and how it 'normally' works with licensing and the commercial thougths about that, is that they first accepted it and now suddenly stopped accepting fanatec to work.... They 'changed the rules during the game'. And thats totally wrong! People who bought fanatec at the time Sony accepted it are the victims... It did work... Technically it can work and fortunetly there is a good solution for the owners of fanatec to bypass this idiotic behaviour from Sony at the moment with chronomax....

12. Revvin

Revvin Rookie

Microsoft were quite happy to have just a wheel rim with their security chip in it, why not Sony? Microsoft are ready to go cross platform with gamers on XBOX, PC and PS4 and the Rocket League developers say it can be done but its Sony holding that up and yet their mantra is "for the gamers". I hope this isn't just a convenient excuse for Fanatec to sell more bases too, for the sake of their existing customers I hope they will continue to pursue a solution for CSW V2 owners. As a long time supporter of Fanatec this has left a bit of a bitter taste.

13. All that should have happened is that fanatec should have been allowed to release a ps4 hub similar to the Xbox one hub which would have enabled all current bases to work with the console... But Sony wouldn't allow it and wanted their own wheel base

14. hitman72ita

hitman72ita Rookie

I would want to buy this game for ps4 but I have an old thrustmaster f430. a guy on youtube plays assettocorsa with this wheel. he says that it works but that sensibility is to much high (maybe due to only 270 degrees of rotation). has anyone more precise info? is it possible to regulate wheel sensibility in ps4 game version? thank you

15. SKY151212911

SKY151212911 Rookie

I don't give a fXXk about PS4

16. Not sure what this contributes to the thread.....

Luisandro likes this.