1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Sooo...Supported wheels PS4 / No Fanatec

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by boskapongen, Aug 19, 2016.

1. TM-BI

TM-BI Rookie

GT-Sport will put eSport on an new level - because of the amount of players and the highly developed marketing of PD with GT.
    It does not matter for this events if people have to use only one monitor - and we will all see what will happen with VR in Future.
    iRacing has already reached TV broadcast on "MotorsTV", yes, that is true. But GT-Sport might not be comparable to GT5 or GT6 as come real Race-Drivers just reported.
    Assetto Corsa looks great - and now I will switch on my PS4 and try again offline with 1.01 not being installed ;o)

Chronus Max will not be an solution I guess. Now, let us wait together what will happen next.

I hope to see ya on track online one day ;o))

2. Cabriojoschy

Cabriojoschy Rookie

I agree with you about putting values far from real life. But that´s something what is unfortunately part of digital racing (also using glitches in car setups).
    I don´t want to race in leagues, just want to have fun with my mates. So we don´t care about FFB Tweaks (as I´m someone who likes it as real as possible) some play with gamepad as well.
    And as Sony can´t disable gamepad players on online servers (this would make no sense for a console producing company) in my opinion it won´t make sense to suspend Fanatec players because they can change some FFB values on their wheels. There are also always some values in game which you can "tweak" to you taste.

GT-Sport will maybe take eSport to a new level--> Now we are comparing or best fotoshoots of the foto mode "who tweaked the alignment and the cover???" ;):D

3. To be honest I think GT Sport will be the same old GT that offers nothing new. People will buy it purely because it's a GT game but for realism it shouldn't even be considered as a proper sim. I wonder if they tuned the lawnmowers for better engine sounds in gt

4. Blue_Pikmin

Blue_Pikmin Rookie

Xbox One, CSW V2, Xbox Rim
    In Xbox Mode some Parameters are removed, no spr, dpr, vibration + FFB Auto

So Fanatec can remove everything or change for PS4 Mode, if Sony wants so.

TM-BI likes this.
  5. 1960sfast

1960sfast Rookie

you guys are lucky enough to even have esports, im from the states and online gambling is illegal. I tried signing up multiply times using remote servers and no luck....so just to be sure is the fanatec csw v2 , v3 pedals and handbrake atleast work on the pc verison of ac??

6. Cabriojoschy

Cabriojoschy Rookie

Yes on the PC everything is working fine...

7. TM-BI

TM-BI Rookie

Okay - so there is an "Software"-Solution as I prefered them to implement on PS4 too.
    That is giving proof to my opinion why they do so: Decreasing adjustment-settings to put drivers on similar input levels.
    And at least the new CSL-Base might be the answer from Fanatec to fight with Thrustmaster by offering something "high-end" for less money...

I am looking forward to buy either the CSL-Base for PS4 (when anounced) plus an CSL-PS4-Rim.

Assetto Corsa has no FFB-Tweaking in its menues - the wheels for PS4 do not have them either. What do you think about the reasons?

I appreciate to drive both Sims in the Future: AC and GT-Sport.

8. Cabriojoschy

Cabriojoschy Rookie

I still don´t get how a CSW owner can be that excited about the CSL base. If I want to make a step down I can already buy a Thrustmaster or Logitech wheel(which I can get right now and not in maybe four to five month). Regarding the licensing behavior of Sony it will change nothing. I would support it with every new purchase of a wheel... And I still don´t see GT-S as a sim ;) even when it´s written on the cover of the disk since years...

9. TM-BI

TM-BI Rookie

This Forum is about Assetto Corsa - so let´s discuss GT-Sport on another place ;o)
    I have tried to tell you and everyone that I have read some critics about GT-Sport quoting real Racedrivers that call it a Sim...
    Let´s wait and see.

Concerning your question why I am "excited" about an "downgrade" you call the CSL compared to an CSW, the answer is already given:
    It is really adding by subtracting ;o)
    When you want to work on Car-Setups you do not need another external Parameter to deal with. Even more if you are working in an Team and want to exchange devolpment results.
    When you want to put opponents on an really similar input Level you need to subtract some features like "adjustement on FFB while driving".
    I am driving since year with different people in "endurance" (90 to 120 Minutes) Race-Leagues. I had to discover how much effect the FFB-Adjustments and Spring-Adjustments of the Wheel has on Lap-Times.
    I could compare the effect on my own because I first used the DFGT, then the G27 and at least the CSW 1.5. Same Driver, same Car, , same Setup, same Track, same cirumstances: Difference: Up to 1.5 seconds per Lap.
    So finally, if everyone runs a PS4 and AC they all should have only difference in personal Skill-Level and not in over the top equipment, don´t you agree?

This is why I will stay on Consoles - and do not change on iRacing or AssettoCorsa on PC.

Finally let me add, that on PS3 in GT5 and GT6 you always could see if someone used a Joypad or Wheel - and which Driving-Assists were deployed or not.

10. Cabriojoschy

Cabriojoschy Rookie

I see your point, but there will be always a difference between the manufacturers of steering wheels. I don´t see us playing online only with people using Fanatec CSL Bases. You made the point clear when you say your lap times are different with different wheels. I agree to that even when I personally think 1,5 seconds are a bit to much.
    Last statement regarding GT-S: Nevertheless to official statements, the information I got from colleagues of a race forum who already played it, it is more a GT6.1 than a complete new Sim. I give nothing on payed marketing statements, as Sony wants to make this game a success at all costs.

11. Blue_Pikmin

Blue_Pikmin Rookie

Senna1442 likes this.
  12. Julio979

Julio979 Rookie

I can confirm that CM works! I'm testing the beta and until now there is no problem

Senna1442 likes this.
  13. for those who went and brought the Cronusmax Pro is there is feedback as to if this is now working with AC yet. i know someone got it but hadn't managed to work it yet, has there been an update to this is now fixed and working?

Thanks
    Nick

P.s i know others have CM working but i really don't want to be running a PC at the same time my room is already too hot with the plasma tv and wheel and ps4 running.

14. Bazdc2

Bazdc2 Rookie

Dude FFB has nothing to do with being fast it's all personal preference, to say adjusting FFB is cheating is ludacris

The fast guys are fast no matter what wheel you put infront of them, FFB has very little to do with it

TitzonToast and stefanoCasillo like this.
  15. TM-BI

TM-BI Rookie

16. Bazdc2

Bazdc2 Rookie

Rofl what, your delusional.

A good workmen never blames his tools, if your slow its you not FFB

There are super fasy guys using controllers what secret FFB tweaks are they using then?

17. TM-BI

TM-BI Rookie

Seriously? Are you that naive?
    I practise simracing since its very beginning - in the 1980ies already...
    I do not mind if people are faster than me - as long as I have proof, that they do not use inappropriate devices.
    If you do think, that there´s no "hidden" assists switched on while using Joypad, you´re, I am sorry, quite naive.

Thanksfully there are no FFB-Tweaks in AC so far - on the consoles. I do have proof, that in GT5 to GT6 and even more in pCars you
    clearly needed the "right" FFB-Tweak to go for more...

It´s that kind of "game changing" that, when people who used to be up to 2 seconds slower than you, become up to 1.5 secs faster than you after they have
    discovered "FFB-Tweaks" which I have never used, despite "DIY" to check the differences.

So please, do not try to convince me that the FFB-Tweaking should be a Hoax-Conspiracy of "Captain Slow" ;o)

Thnx

18. TM-BI

TM-BI Rookie

So finally getting back on the topic:

I finally have changed my equipment and tried out the LOGITECH G29 and, at least, the THRUSTMASTER T300 RS.
    My FANATEC has ended up at *bay where it all has been sold in between a couple of hours. I am happy to got rid of it.
    When I´ve read the Forums worldwide - and even more the FANATEC-CEO´s statements, I was so *i**ed off, that I hardly can not say if I ever
    would buy any item from them again...
    They did make advertising for the V2-Base in Use with PS4 for several month - until March 2016. Then they told everybody not to be afraid...
    And finally they, Thomas Jackermeier himself, blamed all his Customers because they have trusted his words!
    No, sorry, this is the worse behaviour of an (german) Company that I had to discover since years.

What has happened - in my opinion:
    They have missed to negotiate with Playstation about an official License. They thought: "Um, they did not give us a license so far, but our products are working in the (only) Racing-Sim that exists right now (pCars). We just make contracts with the studios..."
    Then in March 2016 Playstation might have told them: "No official License, no Advertising with PS4 compatibility! Remove or pay!"...Some sort of that I guess...
    Finally they did not get the contract to make all their Products run on the PS4 as they wanted it. They probably developed the "CSL" to bring it on the console market to fight against Logitech and even more Thrustmaster - but, unfortunately the License of Playstation was...? I do not know...
    So, in the end they are off PS4...but who you want to blame?
    SONY? Because they did play the same licensing-game than MICROSOFT already did?
    THRUSTMASTER because they returned on the consoles market with remarkable products ?

LOGITECH for example almost had disappeared from Simracing-Wheel-Production - and I was really wondering that they came back with the G29 and G920!

After testing the G29 and the T300RS now, I want to tell everyone:
    You need to decide what you want to do on your own: Sitting in a corner crying or driving AC?
    If you want to drive and if you want to drive on PS4, you finally should think about buying a new wheel.

The G29 is nothing else than the G25/G27 - but with way more stiffer Brake-Spring which enables you to brake without ABS.
    The best (budget) Pedal-Set.
    Unfortunately the Buttons of the G29 are placed too far away from the hands - so it is quite difficult or even impossible to get access to them while driving.
    The Quality of the whole Set is, like other Logitech Products, really good. The Wheel is fitted with genuine leather and feels authentic.
    If they would have equipped the Base with an belt-drive the Set would beat the Thrustmaster T300 "basic" Set for sure.
    The oldfashioned technic of gears inside does not work as smooth on AC - and this is something former FANATEC-Users hardly will bare...

The T300RS "basic" Set is light and shadow as we say in Germany.
    The Wheel-Base is better than I have expected. The Rim is not making me happy, because of its sticky rubber surface. I would prefer the Alcantara RIM instead...
    The standard Pedals, only Brake and Accelerator, is not making me happy either.
    Before buying it I was afraid that the fixation with only two screw for the pedals and only two for the Base would not hold it properly. Thanksfully I was wrong.
    But: The Brake-Pedal is too soft and not degressive - and there´s no Brake-Mod accessible at all...
    You need to buy either the T3PA or, much better, the T3PA PRO.
    To get back in the game you should think about an T300 Servo Base (or the T300RS Set), the Alcantara RIM-Addon and the T3PA-Pro Pedalset (which is the "old" GT500RS Pedalset). Totalprice might be around 550,-€ in Europe...

Thnxs for reading

19. GT Fan

GT Fan Rookie

I'm sure you know that there are other options instead of buying a new wheel. I am still using my old Fanatec GT2 and Elite pedals to play Assetto Corsa on a ps4. Only need a pc and $15 in parts from ebay. My pc was already next to my ps4 so total outlay for me is $15. I'm really happy that it works so well.

http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

20. TM-BI

TM-BI Rookie

Sure, I know that - but I do also know that those solutions are neither officially licensed nor they would be accepted in several racing leagues.
    So it might be an option for you and others who do not care about using officially licensed, legal devices. I do and I deny to support Fanatecs failed customer relationship management and licensing politics.

I have loved my Fanatec stuff for sure. But now I am utterly disappointed and fed up of what they did and even more about whatthey have missed to do.

Sorry, that is how I feel about the case.