1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Special events - Under nine in the Toyota

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Larryf1951, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

I am struggling on finding a good setup for this special event. It takes place on the Nordschleife and I just can't get near ten minutes. I am reasonably decent on this course (in other cars) but this one is a real challenge. I try to carry as much speed as possible through turns, because the car is anemic, but I am either too slow or I fling myself of the track. Setup is limited and my setup skills are too. Anybody willing to give me some advice?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Special events is working again Dec 6, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Pace Rating - Special Events Sep 21, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Special events Jun 8, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards No special events since 1.9 update Apr 25, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Leaderboards, XP winning , special events etc Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Special events - showing as Anonymous in leaderboards Apr 14, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Special events not available Aug 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What's up with Special Events Jul 11, 2022
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Special events Jun 5, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Do previous special events count towards PC rating May 12, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Previous Special Events Set to Default Dec 20, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Stats/User Profile and special events not loading Nov 26, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Special Events]Christmas in the Motori nella Leggenda Nov 26, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions NO SPECIAL EVENTS!! Oct 13, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions SPECIAL EVENTS DOES NOT RECORD MY TIME Jun 13, 2021

3. Horus

Horus Alien

You are not going to like it but, practice, Practice, PRACTICE! If you still cannot do it then it could be another impossible challenge, until someone tells you otherwise. Good luck mate, I have not tried it on the PC, as I am not too hot on The Green Hell. :(

Larryf1951 likes this.
  4. Larryf1951

No worries, bro. I know it will take practice. I am just trying to shortcut the trial and error on setup, if possible. Why not take advantage of someone else's knowledge if its available.

5. Horus

Horus Alien

Good idea but when you setup your own car you will go faster. It is rare to find someone that sets up the car to drive like you wish it to. Have you tried the little PDF called the 21 step guide, it can me printed out as a tiny little pamphlet and used when starting out on your journey of the magical world of settings. :)

P.S. I know it is for GTR2, but it still has mostly everything you need.

6. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

That shouldn't be the case with this challenge. Although on PC and around a month ago but I did it. From what I remember tyres wear quite fast, also the car is quite tail happy and lacks power, so you can't really lose any time to make that time.

I'm not sure if this will help you in any way since the setup values differ in some cars between consoles and PC, but here's what I used when doing the challenge. Added another pic from pits where alignement values aren't that crazy.
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Anyway like you said there isn't much to change, so like Horus said: practice.

AlleyViper, cerebralvortex and Horus like this.
  7. Horus

Horus Alien

Being on console the challenge might be slightly different, I don't know for sure. I hope all is needed for him is a good quality amount of time in car on track. :)

8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Yeah that's why I said it that it shouldn't be impossible and also added info about me being on PC. But IIRC JP cars were released with TM7 and that didn't change on PC so I guess they should be the same.
    Once the Porsche Pack will be released we will be sure that all platforms are on the same level physics wise, so there won't be a problem of comparing PC to consoles.

Larryf1951 likes this.
  9. Larryf1951

Thank you for the setup screenshots. It seems there are some differences between PC and console. I inky have adjustability on tires, front camber and front toe. And even those options have limits. I will run with my approximation of your values. Thanks again

V8_KB likes this.
  10. Larryf1951

Inky should be only. Too late to edit. Aargh

11. Larryf1951

Ok, I just ran a 10:00.713. That is my best time in this car on this track. I have the following setup

Tires - Street STI
    Pressure - 28 on all four
    Camber (front) -0.8
    Toe (front) 2
    Those are the only adjustments available on PS4. I am still fine tuning, but its a start

12. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

If you are in 10min range then I'd suggest to forget about setup and just drive and drive... and drive. Even if we assume that the car is slower on consoles it won't be by almost 50s. Setup also won't magically shave off that much time, even with the default setup you should be doing sub 9:30.
    About tyre pressure, I'm not sure if lowering it is the right thing to do, because optimal hot pressure is 38psi.

Larryf1951 and Horus like this.
  13. I had a go at it on PC yesterday evening after seeing the thread. It seems I tried it some time ago with a completely different setup except for tire pressure and that was a 9:23. So yes, setup is not that important. Yesterday I managed a 9:17 with 32 psi and -0.6 camber, 33 psi is a little bit faster however on the straights.

Larry, tire pressure is the most important for sure. Try 33 psi otherwise your tires will not have the right temperatures. The tire temperatures also drop a lot on the straights or when you are not cornering hard. Because of this it is important to go as fast through the corners as you can, you need the speed anyway. A lot of corners are done full throttle. The car is very grippy under throttle. You can try -0.6 camber like me which makes cornering a little easier as the tail is not going to break out as fast, with -0.8 you need to be more precise on weight shifts.

The 9:13 time is a tough time to beat for sure. I would say it is pretty close to alien territory but not quite. I need to find those extra 4 seconds myself but I have some ideas where I can shave off some time.

I don't think there is much (if any) difference between the PC and console versions.

Here is a video I looked up of a console user golding the event.

Good luck !

Larryf1951 and Horus like this.
  14. Larryf1951

Thank you for your advice, everyone.
    I will bump up the tire pressures and run some more laps. And to clarify, I don't blame the setup for my poor lap times, I am just trying to see if more can be wrung out of this car. I just need to learn how to drive this track effectively in this car. It has a lot of body roll. Again, just my opinion.
    After watching the video, I see turns where much more speed can be carried. I am slowing too much for some and not enough for others. Both, obviously, affect my lap times.
    First, I will run some laps with default setup, then make small adjustments if I feel the need. Back to basics, I guess.

cerebralvortex likes this.
  15. Larryf1951

BTW, I wasn't claiming the car was slower on console, only that setup options are different. Sorry if I created confusion.

16. That's me driving in that video. I did that with No Tires Warmers. Unfortunately there is no telemetry. All I can say is if you do it with Tire warmers you should gain 2 sec easy on your lap. I don't use 2nd gear that much either, something I think might be costing me atleast .500 sec thru the whole lap. Took me maybe 4 hours to get that time. Just sucks there is no telemetry :(

cerebralvortex likes this.
  17. Is not a easy challenge at all. So dont feel too bad if it takes you forever to get gold. Practice is the key. I've done countless laps on other games of this track and at least 100 laps of it on assetto corsa. 1000s of hours playing racing games.

18. Another problem is that I dont drive with hud on. If we had good replays that showed telemetry. It would be really nice.

paul_wev likes this.
  19. Ah ok nice. Well, I used your vid to prove to the OP it can be done on console.

Well, I thought tire warmers were fixed. It is that way on PC anyway I think, suppose it is the same on console ? Which would mean you also did your lap with tire warmers if you launched from the special event menu. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong..

I'm at 9:14 currently, so I need to find that last extra second, aargh ! I have to push hard without making the slightest mistake now. PB time is done with V8's exact setup btw, thanks for that.

@Larryf1951 Also curious to your progress on this one !

Jonathan Holley likes this.
  20. Larryf1951

I am making progress. It is slow going though. I apparently need to unlearn this track from previous games. I will just have to put in the time on it. I am braking too early in some fast turns, then oddly getting overconfident and going into other turns way too fast. I broke the ten minute barrier and am finding seconds little by little.
    Thank you all for taking the time to offer help and advice. Now its down to doing the hard work.

21. agrip 2

agrip 2 Gamer

I gave it a couple attempts when JP was first released. Didn't manage sub 10 min. Didn't touch it until I saw this thread.

Managed 9:37 on first try with a small crash and was quite surprised. Did three more runs yesterday but did not manage to get a clean lap, best unoffisial time was 9:33. Today I did two laps in hotlap mode and managed 9:27 on first and 9:23 on second. The ghost car from the 9:27 helped me push a litle bit extra on second lap. Went over to Special event and hoped for a clean lap, ended up with a 9:24 on first try. I'm happy with that!
    When you get the feeling for the car and the track the seconds starts tumbling quite fast. I used 33 psi and -0,6 camber.

The video above helped me alot realizing that you can carry much more speed into most corners. That extra time gave me margin to "go slow" where I usually crash.
    /Ag