1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Stefano casillo streaming ep. 7

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by grat, Jul 26, 2015.

1. unknwn

unknwn Alien

I would say "setup screens" and "sims" were mentioned intentionally.:cool:

snyperal likes this.
  2. I have no idea what a Heave spring is, and I couldn't care less.

Vítor Sousa and snyperal like this.
  3. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

I think my bed has one. It helps me corner.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

I am impressed with this gyro malarkey. Fascinating.

4. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Gyro and the other stuff will change (for better) the way we feel the car...
    I love the idea to learn again the game because is like doing a step ahead...not only the game but our overall experience...

5. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

THE most detailed suspension im aware of to date.

Epocx and nonnex like this.
  6. Stereo

Stereo Alien

A heave spring's just a fancy name for an anti-anti-roll-bar, it allows the car to roll more easily than it bounces up and down (important on high-downforce cars where they need to maintain a ride height to make the aero work, since at top speed they have way more downforce compressing the springs)

Glaurung and TDS like this.
  7. Ya "heave spring" seems to be a very "Formula 1" term. I've used "3d spring" for ages as most until I ended up doing some work in F1 and got exposed to that posh way of calling it.. I strive for poshness so I've adopted the name "heave spring" since then :p

8. ABernardo

ABernardo Racer

How about getting the thing released? All this talk is meaningless unless it's actually in the game. Fanboys can go on and on, but I'd rather like to see results, not infinite delay.

Alan

9. Actually heave springs have been in the game forever so "it's actually in the game".. .so how about you go find something else to do instead of reading forums if you are not interested in contributing into the discussion?

10. grat

grat Simracer

A volte ho pensato fossi un po' troppo duro nel rispondere "se non ti interessa, vattene altrove." Ma questa volta c'hai proprio ragione, ****o!

There have been times I thought you were a bit too tough answering "if you don't care, go somewhere else." But hell, this time you're spot on!

11. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

Actually, Kunos has taught me a lot about keeping patience when you are super excited to get your hands on something :p
    I really appreciate the way they work although my inner self really wants to get my hands on 1.2. Quoting my own self from few weeks ago....

12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Just saw the ep7. Really excited for these improvements. Really happy for you guys (especially Stefano since he has to do the "boring" stuff -> coding ) .

13. Metzger

Metzger Racer

I have not drive real F1 car but comapre to carting the "SAT" of the openwheel cars is missing currently so I look forward to FFB update in 1.2 :)

14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

@Lord Kunos I had two suggestions if you're still looking for topics for the next stream:

#1 It would be cool if you could go into the details, where your specific AI approach does shine (actually driving through wheel/pedal input, AI's precalculation, ...). As far as I know there is no word anywhere about it. But you can read about downsides and problems all over the forums. Your twitter/stream updates always say "yes, this is faster and this is better now". I can imagine your AI does shine when it comes to "other" conditions like less grip, unknown cars and setups.

#2 According to my inboxes and chats a lot people don't have a concept what this server plugin stuff actually is (in fact they develop interesting ideas). Maybe you can ELI5 this from your PoV, so people are less disappointed when 1.2 releases and the MP world didn't change instantly to iRating.

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I cant take wait this much longer! :rolleyes: The update cant come soon enough, preferebly yesterday.

16. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

@Lord Kunos Thanks for your awesome work!!!
    Just my 2 eurocent, I noticed you talked about nKpro starting and stall system, I really appreciated your idea to put them in AC too. I hope this will be developed in the future because rises immersion level a lot.
    Now a little question...there is hope to have ctrl+t and ctrl+a bindable to other keys on pc?Like 2 buttons for traction control (+ and - , so we can set it on the fly) and one for abs...I know should sound stupid but on F1 wheels is an easy task to perform so why not in our wheels too?

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yeah, level of TC and ABS would be great to change on the fly by using buttons on the wheel.

Cuthere likes this.
  18. 0verfl0w

0verfl0w Racer

The general binding of any functionality to buttons on our wheels would be really appreciated and compared to the Ai wizardry hopefully not too complicated.

also making use of the analog sticks and rotary dials on the csw would be great.

and finally I am hoping for a better solution to return to the pits.
    just hitting esc and click return to pits any time I want during a race is not very sim like, is it?

keep up the good work.

cerebralvortex likes this.
  19. TCLF

TCLF Alien

actually, it is very sim like. Every sim title I know does this (for a reason). I do hope there will in sometime coma 'hardcore' feature (that's how we called it n LFS) where in qual you can't telepit (only pit in garage). this might very well become possible with the next server plugin update

20. Cuthere

Cuthere Racer

About stall engine!
    Hello guys and stefano, i want share with you my opinion about.
    Stall engine is a great feature. I always want it in AC as a simulator!
    But that can't be sufficient if the clutch is not proper emulate.
    I mean that with automatic gear if you don't push the accellerate pedal and put the 1 gear, the engine go down to 0 rpm without stall the engine. So when you try to accellerate at 0 rpm you don't have torque (and sound), so you have that feeling that the car has no power. And for few second the sound is like electric car.
    I think is ugly. This is one of thing that must be fixed to make AC more real and immersive.
    Grazie stefano. Forza italia e forza Ferrari!!!