1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Streetfight [MR] servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 23, 2016.

1. That AC conversion of Virtua LM Mid Ohio is slightly disappointing. It is far too bumpy, with a handful of dodgy areas where the track grip changes significantly.

donShere likes this.
  2. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Yes, people slowing down for penalty in tricky places is always a big problem.
    I had a great time today at Bathurst anyway.

I really hoped Mid Ohio would attract more than 2 people yesterday. I was on the server for over four hours, having only Schnipp and Mumaransa joining in that period.
    Mumaransa also mentioned that the track is too bumpy. I have no such issues and would rate "track authenticity" 9/10 (my only reference being laser scanned iracing version).

M.Sampla and Schnipp like this.
  3. evil_overlord

evil_overlord Simracer

Again, I'm really sorry for that. Wasn't even a penalty, I just wanted to let you pass safely because I knew you were faster and I still needed to warm up. In hindsight it was of course a stupid move right on the racing line, but in my defense in Helicorsa it did kinda look like you were going for a pass on the right so I tried to move to the left...

Ricky Reject likes this.
  4. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Don't worry at all. I kinda agreed with Schnipp's post when i mentioned penalty takers.

Ricky Reject and Schnipp like this.
  5. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

I remember doing pretty much exactly the same thing! Going a little wide after the chase, two wheels on the grass, thinking ****, I'm not going to make it (while having cars just ahead of me) and just flooring the throttle to avoid rear ending some poor unlucky innocent racer :D Racing was fun tonight, great fun chasing @baboon in his stupidly powerful gallardo :)

Schnipp likes this.
  6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I don't remember against who it was, but a few days ago I did it too at Grobnik T1, was too late and floored it to not crash the car ahead.

Gunja likes this.
  7. fabT

fabT Alien

Seems i'm going to receive the CSL LC pedals tonight, hopefully on-time for some Spa comparative testing :).

Bo-Göran Larsson and Berniyh like this.
  8. Gunja

Gunja Alien

I did some HW testing to see if the BOP has changed for some cars.
    Corvette is still 3 sec slower but with Lotus V6, GTE Carbon, Mercedes SLS and Audi R8 gained some speed.
    I added those cars and removed Lotus 2-11 and KTM.
    If i'm wrong, we can revert back with few clicks.

Christopher Low and Schnipp like this.
  9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

OK, but SMW might be a bit obsolete then.

Gunja likes this.
  10. Removing the Lotus 2-11 and the KTM X-Bow R was the correct decision. They may deliver similar lap times to the other cars, but they do it in a completely different way.

Schnipp and Gunja like this.
  11. Gunja

Gunja Alien

If the new added cars show competitive then SMW is out of the picture.

12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

No more freshly washed cats?! :(

13. This is the problem when we start messing about with the groups. The original MW group had the Skyline and Supra, but then the Cayman was added (almost certainly due to Porsche fever at the time), and the performance of this car resulted in changes being made. Since then, I feel that everything has become somewhat blurred with respect to the HW/SMW/MW groups. I appreciate that the introduction of v10 tyres (and inertia adjustments) has altered the relative performance of some of the cars, but is it really worth messing about yet again with the car selections? If SMW vanishes, then Ricky is going to be disappointed without his daily dose of cats in the washing machine!

To be fair, I am as guilty as others for suggesting alterations, but this was mainly because the introduction of the Cayman had created a disturbance in the Force, and the presence of the dark side was clouding my judgment ;)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I'm ok with blending HW and SMW if it works out. Sure, I'll miss the RX7 Tuned too.

But I don't agree on the MW thing. V10 shifted the pace of some cars anyway, Skyline and Supra just weren't competitive anymore, but they really fit well into WW along with the other cars. WW seems to be the grid that has the smallest gap from fastest to slowest car of the roster.

15. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Some numbers:

R8: low 2:00
    Exige and Evora: mid to high 2:00
    SLS: low 2:01 (but room to improve to mid 2:00)

but I'm already at a mid 1:58 and did several laps at 1:59.0 in the McLaren

The R8 might be OK, but the other three are a bit down.

A look at stracker shows similar data, the SMW cars seem to be a bit slow compared to the HW cars. Best of the SMW cars is 1:59.9, HW cars are all at 1:58.3 or faster.

16. fabT

fabT Alien

First try with load cell brake pedal ... it's not easy to get used to it ( as BG said ).

I'm off my pace by about 0.7 - 1 second at Spa, after 4-5 races.
    Definetely worth though, much easier to fine-tune braking.

Bo-Göran Larsson and Schnipp like this.
  17. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

First time I tried my CSR-elites pedal I was way off pace too, but soon enough I was right back and way more consistent in braking zones. Shouldn't take you long, and you wont ever want to go back :)

18. fabT

fabT Alien

My very first laps were absolutely awful, ask @LeiF or @V8 :)
    I'll practice a bit.

LeiF likes this.
  19. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Ex
    Experiment with the Fanatec softvare to reduce sensivity ( I did it was to sensitive from default)

20. I was wondering guys... Does the Clubsport pedals justify the difference on price? I'm was thinking to buy the Clubsport but the Elite LC should be enough for me.. I'm on a G25 stock pedal btw :S