1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Streetfight [MR] servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Yep I too think it would be fun, maybe as a special event for one day or simply a one-off like you guys did at transfagaran. Good racers are hard to find in public servers so it could be fun to do this kind of event once in a while with the SF community :)

Although with street cars it doesnt make too much sense to do pit stops but maybe with track cars like LeDude mentioned?

2. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think it would be best to agree on a grid to do this on, run it for the weekend, (friday) saturday and sunday.

10min. Q, 20min. race (no reversed race) or 2x 15 min. races.

John Gordon and LeDude83 like this.
  3. .....and no Praga R1 ;)

Bo-Göran Larsson likes this.
  4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

At first I thought "Is he really asking that question?!?" but at second glance it's actually a good one, lol :p

Well, the pit stops were the main point I tried to bring across. The races of ~20 minutes we already have at GT3 Fight (?) and Racing Legends. Mandatory pit stops are so good IMO we could even try them in our standard 10 minutes + x street fight races.

And the Praga was not my suggestion. It's awesome but that's not what I wanted to discuss right now.

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Very pleased with that idea. I'll gladly join.

Edit: I vote for 1*20 minute race.

John Gordon and Schnipp like this.
  6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

On most tracks it's just 5 laps, shorter ones maybe 6-7 laps, so doing mandatory pitstop on a 5-6 lap race is weird IMO.
    Not very much of a tactical element tbh.

I think it should at least be 15 min., so it's 7-8 laps or more.

GT3 Fight is either 2x 15 min. without pitstop or 1x 40 min. with pitstop.
    But GT3 is quite a different thing than road cars.

We could test it on WW.
    That grid is closely paced and overtaking is hard sometimes, but you know you could be faster on a clear track.
    Your thoughts on this?

evil_overlord and LeDude83 like this.
  7. I personally feel that you need longer races than 10 minutes if you want to include pit stops. Quick races are more about exciting duels or multiple overtakes in short periods of time, but pit stops introduce an element of strategy that (IMO) only really works with extended races. To be honest, anything less than 25 minutes is too short to include pit stops as far as I am concerned.

Jack Bancroft likes this.
  8. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

Agree with this, perhaps a multiplier on tyre wear also.

9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Tyre changes take a long time and I don't know if they are the same for all street cars. So I don't think tyre wear should be increased.
    A mandatory pitstop with just 1l to refuel would just be a tactical element to get out of traffic.

evil_overlord and LeDude83 like this.
  10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Correct @Schnipp. Too long races will hurt population. 20 minutes is really good. If someone thinks it's too short, I recommend to at least give it a try.

11. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Bit pointless pitstopping in a 20min race but even worse if wear or fuel consumption is turned up to justify the pit stop, just my opinion tho...please don't flame me!!

12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

No flame by me, I get what you mean and your stand on it.

But at least trying it sounds sensible, just to mix things up a bit.
    If ppl. don't like we can just scrap it and if they do like it, then it won't mean it will always be like this, but that we use it every once in a while for 2-3 days.
    And then there would still be another server that runs the regular format.

Tomcul and LeDude83 like this.
  13. LeiF

LeiF Alien

From experience with forced pitstops, if the car can fit all the fuel for the race it is optimim to fuel to finish then stop for 1 litre. You need very significant tyre deg to make it worth changing tyres (at which point you can go lighter on fuel as long as the fuel you need to add takes less time than tyre change).

So really unless the races are long enough to need more than a full tank, there is only one viable strategy, so imho no point in forcing the stop at all.

Edit:

Of course if you significantly increase tyre wear it brings back the strategy element a bit, but still over short race distance it has to effect your lap times a lot before it is worth actually changing tyres, as the AC pit crew arent exactly F1 speed!

And that of course will turn off some people who arent up for that sort if messing about, though for the record I am quite happy using increased fuel / tyres for these purposes.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Berniyh likes this.
  14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, just had a quick look.

AE86 Tuned and Supra are 10s tyre change time, Miura 15s.
    So from that point alone there shouldn't be a forced tyre change.

I get that not everybody like the mandatory pit stop, although I do see appreciate the option to bring some tactics into it.
    And of course best way would be to fill up on start and only do the 1l stop (I guess simple drive through doesn't count as a stop) to comply with the rules.

The only thing it adds is to get a clear track to do faster laps than the guy you might have been stuck behind without the mandatory pit stop.

15. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Correct, you have to do something to the car for it to count, so 1l is the quickest way to do it. Even on some of the hour long races we had at Nordschleife (with compulsory pit) it was still quicker to just fill to finish and stop for 1 litre part way through.

16. fabT

fabT Alien

BCC Short was fun, but not many drivers around.

What track next on CB server ?
    Mugello ? Red Bull Ring ? Spa ?

Spa would probably put the Celica out of equation.
    Same for RBR, except if we run the short version.

Any ideas?

17. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Mugello sounds good.

fabT likes this.
  18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Very enjoyable racing today.
    5-6 races on CB, 9-10 on WW and only 2 contacts. :D

And since @luxxx797 didn't save his replay, our start crash.

IMO, he didn't need to pull to the middle there as he didn't gain that much to the car ahead, it's always risky to move around on the first meters.

And after all, I was more annoyed about the outcome (I'm the white Supra, Nonnis the green Lotus).
    I guess racing incident, but preventable.

19. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Lol looked like everybody just converging on the racing line a bit too soon, no big deal but as you say avoidable.

20. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

well....i could stay more "straight" ,and agree...totally preventable
    sorry

Schnipp likes this.