1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Streetfight [MR] servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 23, 2016.

1. I am not a big fan of fixed setups. What feels good to one driver can feel awful to someone else. To be fair, I did have one good race this afternoon on the 911GT3 Cup server (with a driver called Grenade Magnet). Ironic really, when you consider that my own nickname could be Bullet Magnet ;)

Gunja likes this.
  2. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, Mathieu's setups are splitting the community.
    He likes a looser setup/car that some don't like.

Gunja likes this.
  3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Since the ABC mino rating server with the "GT3" Cup Porsche is almost always full now, ( how surprising an ABC GT3/vanilla track server almost full :rolleyes:) how about having the exact same combo on the other server but limited to A mino rating. :D
    Not much to loose since that server with street cars has been empty for days.o_O
    On the subject of all having all the same set up, where ever that set up come from, I am for it.:)

martcerv and Gunja like this.
  4. Gunja

Gunja Alien

One could say it is very far from GT3 cars and among other Porsche Cup servers it is very hard to find one with assists off.
    As for two same servers with different MR grades, i was thinking about it when street cars racing was a thing and went against it simply because there was a big pool of regulars who were all A.
    Original lineup of Street Fight servers lost their audience for now so i might rethink about one AB and one CN cup server.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  5. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I agree, I did not mean to say that the CUP drives like a GT3, but I think that for many, they see GT3 cup and that is enough to be more attractive.

Gunja likes this.
  6. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

There are a lot of GT3 servers with alphabet rating allowed. I'd like to see a server with Caterhams and other open top cars :)
    I missed my opportunity to drive this W/E though :(
    (can never leave C rating)

7. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I just did few races on the streetfight middleweight server, and I believe majority of people have problems to handle the heavy powerful cars on street tyres.
    My impression could be wrong, but I kinda noticed people joining in, doing some laps, spinning off few times, and leave again.
    Maybe SM tyres would make more people stay longer?

8. Gunja

Gunja Alien

That is entirely different grid than this one. Alfa(HR) and Maserati(ST) would not fit any more on open choice tyres.
    And so far when ever i've set open tyres to anything other than Heavyweight there were riots to restrict to ST.
    So it will be Heavyweight on HR & SM or Middleweight on ST.
    Would some of you like current Middleweight server to be changed to a higher tier of cars on SM tyres?

9. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

fair enough, nobody wants a riot, better let them have their street tyres then;)

Gunja likes this.
  10. I think that it is less about any lack of ability to handle certain cars, and more about a general lack of care and respect that causes the vast majority of problems. If everyone just thought a bit more.....observed blue flag rules, looked in their mirrors, careful rejoins after spins, less aggression at race starts, no crazy dive bombing at corners for cheap position gains, keeping out of the way of others on outlaps during qualifying....the standard of online racing across the board would improve dramatically.

Schnipp and Gunja like this.
  11. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Not gonna happen :p

Ricky Reject and matz_AUT like this.
  12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

And then you woke up and realized it was just dream. :D

Christopher Low and Gunja like this.
  13. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

I'm not too keen on fixed setup either, I'm all for offering a setup for the current combo but I think my sets would sometimes be disliked by many (I often get 1 star rating on the setup market :D).

A good idea I think would be to have the option to have a default baseline setup (alternative to the default setup, with correct-ish tyre pressures at the very least) suited to the current track, offered by the server. Not possible at the moment of course but I think it would be beneficial for most, without being over restrictive. Maybe an idea for AC2!

evil_overlord and Gunja like this.
  14. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Rookie

I like the middleweight server and have had some good races on it lately with the Alfa Giulia which is the right sort of porker on street tyres. If anything, generally the cars are too high performance. I'd be up for a server of underpowered, under-tyred ****boxes with no aids. But that's just me. There are plenty enough GT3s for everyone who wants them it seems.

foppaldo and evil_overlord like this.
  15. From what I could see, the SF servers hardly had any traffic whatsoever over the weekend :( I had to visit a Highlands Long server (out of desperation, as I am not a fan of racing such a fast track with hardly any runoff areas), and yesterday I visited a BMW M235i R @ Laguna Seca server (which was much better, and I had several good races). My visits to the Highlands Long server were an almost total disaster. I couldn't seem to concentrate for long enough to be consistent, some of the sessions were extremely dark (not good in a simulator where headlights do not cast any light), and the aforementioned lack of space either side of the track resulted in single spins transforming into the apocalypse :eek: The "30 minutes Practice, 60 minutes Qualifying, 4 laps race" format didn't exactly help matters. The only reason I was there at all is because there were no other options; a somewhat depressing state of affairs.

16. Gunja

Gunja Alien

It works only if someone is willing to sit on the empty server for hours and entertain early joiners.
    Feels like i wasted too much time on that and sitting on empty server part takes longer each time.
    I will no longer renew SF servers subscription as it feels like a waste at the moment.
    Was fun while it lasted and it was bigger than i ever hoped for.
    Thanks to everyone who raced with us on SF servers and hope to meet you around.
    Cheers lads.

17. Proody

Proody Racer

:( :( :(

Gunja likes this.
  18. That is a great shame, but I understand how you feel, Gunja. The SF servers renewed my enthusiasm for online racing at a time when almost nothing else was available.....and it will probably vanish just as quickly when they are gone :(

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Ricky Reject and Gunja like this.
  19. Proody

Proody Racer

Can you please switch the Street-Server on Mugello for a few days ?
    I think Imola is not so popular.
    Merci

Gunja likes this.
  20. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Changed to Mugello until it expires on the 8th.

Proody likes this.