1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Streetfight [MR] servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Joined AC-2 [www.assetto-fr.tk] French [Track Rotation][KMR], as it says, with KMR installed.

It had auto-restart configured...

What a joke! Absolute crap, I've never witnessed more than 2-3 restarts, but here it just went on and on and on and on...

So even though I was on pole and got a million euros, I just had to leave after restart number....I dunno.

Absolutely avoid that server or any KMR server with autorestart.

:confused:

2. Proody

Proody Racer

This is Track-Rotation with Driver-Rotation :rolleyes:.

Mike Kadlcak and Tberg like this.
  3. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Alexandr66 and Diogo Ramalho like this.
  4. Is anyone else as baffled as me by a server setup like the one below?

Practice - 10 minutes
    Qualifying - 10 minutes
    Race - 10 laps

Audi R8 V10 Plus
    BMW M3 E92
    BMW Z4 E89 Drift
    BMW Z4 E89 Step 1
    BMW Z4 GT3
    Ferrari 312T
    Ferrari LaFerrari
    Mercedes SLS AMG
    P4/5 Competizione 2011
    Ruf CTR Yellowbird

o_O

M.Sampla likes this.
  5. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Yes I am baffled.

Why didn't they make practice 5 hours long, qualifying 90 minutes, and a 3 lap race, like everybody else does :)

6. brioche

brioche Racer

That can happen when the server population is too poor (and in that case I am not sure that starting the race anyway would have been wise :D).
    Anyway anything can be tweaked. You can tell the admin to check these settings:
    Code:
    "/148/": "The percentage of players that have to be involved in a collision within the specified mass_accident_crash_time before the plugin triggers the mass accident response (e.g. Virtual Safety Car or Automatic-Restart). 45 = 45%.",
    "race_mass_accident_crashed_players_percentage": 45,
    "/149/": "The time in seconds over which to evaluate race_mass_accident_crashed_players_percentage. 30 = 30s.",
    "race_mass_accident_crash_time": 30,
    "/150/": "The minimum number of players that have to crash for the mass accident response (e.g. to prevent the Virtual Safety Car coming out too often in servers with few players).",
    "race_mass_accident_min_crashed_players": 4,
    "/151/": "What to do when a mass accident occurs. Use VSC# where # = seconds for the Virtual Safety Car (e.g. VSC60 for 60 seconds) and AR for the automatic race restart. Leave empty to disable.",
    "race_mass_accident_response": {
    "first_lap": "VSC60",
    "other_laps": "VSC60"},

As you can see there are quite some options that one can tweak there, depending on the server population ;).

Mike Kadlcak likes this.
  7. Sorry Christopher I did open the server (got it open about 2/3h) but I was at the server doing some laps and there was only one person that joined (I did not recognize from SF). Since I'm using my desktop as a server I had to close the server.

I will try to open the server every day from 19h CET to about 24 CET (do not expect the server open at weekends because I'm usually out).

8. I will look for it tonight, Diogo :)

9. Mike Kadlcak

Mike Kadlcak Gamer

I had most pickup online fun with KMR servers. Its the drivers problem... not the plugin. :p You have to tell them to behave 1st lap else it will restart. Usually after about 5 restarts everyone slows down at T1 and the race goes on!

10. If anything, KMR proves just how careless a large number of drivers on public servers really are. It isn't difficult to be careful at race starts. It's just that a lot of people simply couldn't care less about the consequences of trying to overtake as many cars as they can whilst the grid is closely bunched together. They weave in and out of other cars (an extremely dangerous thing to do, since one contact can result in that "domino effect" that I mentioned), and then end up braking incredibly late (either by design, or simply because they have no idea how close they are to the next corner). The solution to 99% of all problems in public servers is a human one, not a software one. We wouldn't even need plugins like KMR if this could be rectified.

11. Proody

Proody Racer

In a league or championship the replay is stored and a commission controlled afterwards.
    This is not possible in a short race, because you have to decide in a few seconds.
    How does that work ?

brioche likes this.
  12. brioche

brioche Racer

If you mean KMR Race Control Feature that only gives penalties when it's "patrolled".
    Anyway KMR is designed to have automated penalties which can be then rectified by the Race Director if needed.

Now there are many settings in the KMR universe but mostly it turns down to two main configurations (with money and without it).
    In the money scenario drivers start with some money and gain/lose it depending on their driving. If they run out of money they won't be allowed to race anymore.
    In the no money scenario, drivers that do silly stuff are punished via Drive-Through, Kick or Ban.

You can also mix the two configurations and have both kind of penalties.

Regarding penalties/rewards KMR approach tries to be as neutral as possible and only to enforce real racing rules/situations.
    For example you won't gain any advantage by driving close to another driver for a long time (which isn't probably a good idea since in real life drivers often tend to minimize the time behind another driver and go for the pass) but you'll get rewards for winning races/posting clean laps records and penalties for breaking the racing rules etc..
    For example you'll get penalties if you do things like crossing the pit exit line, cutting, speeding into the pits, impeding people in the hotlap, ignoring blue flags, overtaking under vsc, overtaking in formation lap etc..
    Then there are costs which is what you can use money for, like joining races, towing the car to pits etc. which give sense to the whole thing.
    The other big cost is damage (you'll pay for any damage that occurs on your car regardless of if you crash on a wall or another car).
    The ability for a driver to remain on the server is to earn more than he loses.

If you download the Kissmyrank package and open config.default.json you'll see the full extent of settings.
    As you can imagine, different settings will result in different audience in the server.

Hardcore settings can decimate the population (e.g. start money 30 000€, crash at 250km/h depending on settings can cost 12 000€) so some admins prefer to use forgiving settings to increase the audience (I saw one server with only 40 people with negative balance out of 8000+ ranked players, that can happen if you reduce all penalties/costs too much and/or use very high rewards).
    In the end the final choice is down to the admin.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Sean, Blamer, Proody and 2 others like this.
  13. I had an amusing series of races yesterday on a KMR Lotus 49 @ Mugello server. As you can probably imagine, race restarts were a common theme :D Some people seem to be totally incapable of controlling their throttle foot. It's as if they have two settings....OFF or FULL :eek: To be honest, it was quite amusing to watch for a while. The sight of 1967 F1 cars flying through the air, together with thick clouds of dust was quite entertaining :) That car is a very slippery beast. I took it and the 1967 Ferrari 312 for a test drive @ Magione yesterday evening, and the Ferrari is so much more stable. It's almost like the two cars are using completely different tyres!

Fabri Fibra and brioche like this.
  14. I think that Aris may have explained the answer to this question in the past, but I am curious to know the difference between Semislick tyres and Hypercar Road tyres. The reason I ask is because I have just completed a series of tests of the vast majority of road and classic cars @ Magione (using the least grippy tyre for all of them), and the fastest of the lot was the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. This was faster than any of the three "Holy Trinity" cars, which came as a bit of a surprise to me. I guess that this can probably be explained partly by the tight nature of the track, and also because the Lamborghini is considerably lighter than the other three? However, this brings me to another question.....

How can the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento make such good use of the semislick tyres, and yet the Ferrari 458 S3 struggles with them? They both have basically the same power and torque. Granted, the Lamborghini is 170kgs lighter, but the difference in lap times between these two cars @ Magione is astronomical :confused:

15. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yeah 312 and 49 are really a lot different, I agree that they feelslike on different tire, I always thought that 312 is not rough enough, but it is said that 49 was difficult car, but fastest in good drivers hands.

Interesting point about Sesto vs 458 S3, the weight matters so much really, but 4wd vs rwd also is a big difference.

16. Yes, I was forgetting about the 4wd. That probably also explains why the Lamborghini Gallardo SL on street tyres is a lot quicker at this track than many of the other supercars.

17. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Hey christopher have you tried GT sport? Sunday there was a 15 lap race with E30 at Tsukuba in the Daily race combo.
    In that race you had to manage your driving so that you didnt have to pit for fuel. Awsome fun and a bit off strategy also!!

18. The lack of suitable servers online has resulted in me starting a series of short (5 lap) single make races against the AI drivers @ Silverstone 67. I am slowly progressing through my list of road and classic cars (from the slowest to the fastest), and they are actually quite good fun. I selected Silverstone 67 because I thought that it would minimise the sometimes "quirky" behaviour of the AI drivers (wide track, and lack of any "complex" series of corners). They still act a bit strangely at times (that daft "wheel squiggle" at race starts, and also slowing down for no obvious reason; half the field of BMW M3 E30 cars slowed down to a dead stop on the start/finish line last night when only halfway through the race), but overall they have been reasonably well behaved. Default race settings (I think that means 98%), with a full grid of 20 cars, and me starting in last place. I have won two races so far (Abarth 595SS S2, which I have mentioned in the past is very slow in AI mode....I won this one by a country mile....and a last lap overtake in the Porsche 718 RS60 Spyder race). Conversely, my worst finishes have been P11 against the Abarth 500SS (I was on Street tyres against the AI semislicks), and the Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV 2013.

I will continue tonight with the BMW M3 E30, Mazda MX5 ND, Toyota GT86, and Audi A1S1 Quattro.

chksix and Diogo Ramalho like this.
  19. The standard Honda NSX proved to be a more troublesome drive at this track than I was expecting (on street tyres). What I would give to stabilise that rear end....