1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Suspension and brake balance tuning for all cars

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by hristo1026, Apr 24, 2017.

1. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

Some cars are not fun to drive and with the existing settings this can not be changed.For example BMW M4
    This car has brake balance towards the front tires and huge understeer in mid corner,both things can not be corrected with the existing settings.I know that there is no such setting options for BMW M4 in real life and You're trying to mimic the real life,but it would be very useful to have such setting options.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues 787B Brake ducts intersect bodywork at high suspension load/high speed cornering Mar 24, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Brake calipers don't follow suspension adjustments Jul 11, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Lotus gte R/R brakes move with suspension Jan 18, 2014
    ACC Physics The suspension acts weirdly over the Bathurst fast bump Feb 18, 2024
    ACC Physics Why the Ferrari 296 has no suspension? Aug 20, 2023
    ACC Physics Lambo Evo Front Suspension Question Jul 19, 2022
    ACC Physics Ferrari Setup Screen Suspension Telemetry Bugged? Mar 17, 2022
    ACC Tools Help with my Motec suspension Histogram? Jan 1, 2022
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Implementing multilink suspension Oct 6, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Visual bug MC Laren 720S GT3 Jota [precision error slightly moving the suspension, also ALT+TAB) Jul 22, 2021
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Suspension units for Setup.ini Apr 19, 2021
    ACC Physics front suspension Porsche Apr 14, 2021
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Help Understanding Suspension Behavior Mar 1, 2021
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Custom suspension geometry for drift car help Dec 15, 2020
    ACC Physics [FIXED in 1.6.2] Tire / suspension stuck inside the car after hitting curb Nov 21, 2020

3. You've just answered you're own question really.

Road cars typically have a very safe and stable Brake Bias, that is far forward to reduce the likelyhood of the rear losing traction under braking, so that's what we get in AC. Is it the quickest way round a circuit? No, definitely not, but we have to deal with IRL so we should here too, its part of the challenge of each vehicle.

Also if the front brake bias is causing you understeer MID corner then I'd suggest not braking mid corner. Plus it can be corrected, try the loud pedal :)

4. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

In real life I just will not buy this car or I will increase the front tires width to match the rear tires width which will solve both problems.Here I do not have such option.
    Also in Live for Speed there is no real cars and you have every kind of settings which should make this game unrealistic but imo this game still has the best physics.
    Sometimes we should not stick so hard to the real world.

5. ...So in-game just don't drive the car?

Anyway, I think one of the great things about AC is the fact they try to portray the cars as close to real life as possible, and i think the majority of users would agree.

What would be the point of mastering each vehicle when you can just cheat and alter physics to make it easy? For example cars with huge power, or fully locked diffs, low aero or safe brake bias settings, they make each car unique and challenging. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Like you mention there are other games that do things differently, and by the sounds of it they may be more suited for your tastes.

AmorFati, Dookie and detoit like this.
  6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

So basically AC saved you huge money here. ;)

The M4 with ABS isn't that bad, it's doable and it can do very good lap times (comparable to a Cayman S or a Lambo Countach on the same tyres).
    It does require some adaptions of your driving style, you're correct there. Sometimes that is the lesson there: don't adapt the car, adapt yourself.

I do however understand where you're coming from. Sometimes you just can't get along with the handling of some of the cars.
    For me it's the same with the Lotus (pretty much all of the Exige, Evora etc.). The setup options make it a bit better, but it's still a lotus.
    In that case I usually try it for a couple of laps and then opt to driving something else that I like more.
    That's why we have a lot of choice in AC. :)

The only reason why I still might look into driving some of the cars that I don't like is the single player championships, but I haven't looked at those for ages, so whatever …

Oh, and if you think that the M4 is bad on the brake, try the M3 E30 and be stunned by how it just won't stop. :p

7. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

At last I found how to reduce the understeer with this car(BMW M4),front 40 psi/rear 15 psi tyre air pressure.Took silver in special events at Nurburgring-sprint(GT) with 1:43.195
    I have to make crazy setups in this game. :lol:
    Work on the physics guys,it needs improvement.

8. liakjim

liakjim Alien

M4 understeery?
    Last time I took her for a spin , she was an oversteer queen.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

John Gordon, detoit and garyjpaterson like this.
  9. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Don't waste your time guys.

sc.JPG

liakjim and garyjpaterson like this.
  10. Damn, I didn't see that.

40/15psi front/rear though :D Good luck with that.

martcerv likes this.
  11. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  12. detoit

detoit Racer

Couldn't agree more.

If you want to alter the production cars beyond the point of reality then it no longer matters what your driving - enter the world of Forza and Gran Turismo where they should save on licensing costs and just create a bunch of phony/silly cars to crash about.

Whole reason I got into assetto was physics model and their attention to reality. It's now my favorite sim, even more so than iracing.

13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

tbh, I don't see why a newbie wouldn't be allowed to make suggestions.

Now we don't have to agree with his suggestion and we may of course state so, but the suggestion is valid after all.

hristo1026 likes this.
  14. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I'm not saying newcomers don't have the right to vioce their opinions. It was more pointed at the understeer thing than the request itself. But I learned my lesson that when someone who barely launched tha game says that physics are this or that, usually it means pointless arguments and that it will be a closed thread sooner or later.

Just like that guy who recently created a thread named "crazy physics.. (something something)". 3h in game time on a pad. I asked a few questions that could help with finding the issue, but he haven't posted since then.

I think (but I don't know) devs appreciate threads more that are done like the recent one by Stereo where he describes the issue in details rather than a random "work on the physics it's needed" statement thrown somewhere in the suggestions thread.

As for the request, I don't mind the suggestion and don't care really. I agree with everything that Gary already said and I'm convinced that KS will continue with the realistic approach.

15. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

Did it cross your mind that I want these options to simulate the real world better?
    For example:
    Try to brake with BMW M4 mid corner in Schwedenkreuz and Fuchsröhre(the last left corner).The car will understeer,which is exactly the opposite of the real world.Also before Schwedenkreuz brake downshift to fifth gear
    and enter little faster off throttle,the car will understeer while this corner is famous with lift off oversteer.The situation is the same in Wippermann and Brunnchen,lift off mid corner without oversteer.

16. Weird, I just ran a 1.43.2xx on my second lap with no changes to the setup whatsoever.

detoit likes this.
  17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Is that you in the car or are you just referring to this video made by someone else?

If the latter: you can't really judge the physics of a game by comparing it to a video that some other driver did.
    That is, because the driving style and skill plays a major role here.

Also, do you know for sure that the car in the video was at default setup and tyres?
    Really, too many unknown things …

18. I agree, Gold is achievable on base setup, no idea why those crazy pressures were necessary.

19. pavano

pavano Simracer

imagine what you could do with 40/15 :D

20. liakjim

liakjim Alien

In which universe you trying to fix the understeer by lowering the rear tyres' pressure ???

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

detoit likes this.
  21. detoit

detoit Racer

OK I am not trolling you, maybe trying to help.. I just hadn't driven the m4 in quite some time as it simply has no good/close competition (cayman sorta). At any rate I recall it being very over-steer by nature and only finding under-steer with late turn-ins (missing apex). And I'm sorry but that's exactly what it is.. It took me exactly 3 laps to get into 1:41's, and I can assure you 1:40's would be next lap.. psi on all 4 tires was 26 cold and 34 warmed up (mid lap 1).. You certainly should not be setting your psi the way your describing.. your trying to force the car to behave how you want it to drive I am guessing..

Again, not trying to troll ya here.. But I think you might try braking early and making sure your hitting your apex and then coming on throttle..

nathanw

m4.jpg

John Gordon and liakjim like this.