1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Suspension and Spart... setups, I mean setups!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Sep 12, 2018.

1. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

Default ignition button is SHIFT+I, press it once then press and hold S till engine start

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Safe setups are pretty competitive too just a bit safer or more generally tend to push or understeer a touch more. Maybe a little less top speed but more forgiving in some cases too but still you can get laptimes within .5 of the agressive on these.

The agressive if your not quite there with car control it will get a bit loose and so slower by a fair bit in that case.

I really appreciate the good base setups, it makes it easier to run any car on any track and know your not going to be miles off.

It still helps to have a good understanding of setups so you can make minor changes to suit you and the what to adjust for different conditions. But ypu wont be far off pace just understanding tyre pressures and adjusting bias, tc and abs in car.

Getting tyres to temp and pressures is always key and this greatly depends on current conditions. Then you may have a full wet race or a changeable one, do you want a full wet setup or one that works ok in both wet and dry if it may change during the race. Once the race starts you cant make changes beyond tyres, bias and electronics.

Current build is missing critical curent temp info and also has no race forceast temps so your pretty much just guessind in dynamic servers. Then after a couple of laps of the race you find out if your guess for start pressures was good or not.

Tbis will clearly change in v1 with more info but still it should be a guess to some degree as in reality weather forecasts are often wrong. They usually get current temp info spot on though but our crew currently is not in pit lane in 0.7.2. ;):D

Skaven Zverov and david m like this.
  3. david m

david m Racer

have this kind of setups it's just very nice.
    2 setups to you can pick up whatever . One is safe and 'easy' to drive it, the other one to you can try to be faster.
    That's a fantastic decision to put this setups with this quality in the game... it's a pitty that there will still be people thinking that the are base setups with no work, but I really feel that are very afst setups with hours of work.
    And for people like me , people that just want to have some fun in the night for half and hour or one hour after all day long working,family etc, it's fantastic to can just enter the game and do some races with a good setup that will permet you to be pretty competitve and don't have to be looking everywhere for setups that works . fathers of family really appreciate it ,thanks !! .
    Of course aliens and competitive people can still look to improve the setups and be faster and faster..but at least seems thast nobody can say ''I'm 3 seconds off pace becasue I have no setup''

POLLINFLAS and Skaven Zverov like this.
  4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm gonna chime in to confirm that the default setups in ACC are great. This is proper added value to the product and should be appreciated.

I usually try both the safe and agressive setup for a couple of laps and then decide on which one to use as a baseline. From that point, it's usually minor tweaks. The most recent setup I made is BMW for Nürburgring. I started with agressive and soon figured out that the curbs unsettled the car more than I would like. So I increased the ride heigth by 5 mm while keeping the aero balance about the same. I slightly softened the springs and bumpstops. I'll touch the dampers, I think as the car still feels a little too stiff when mounting curbs. But even so, I noticed in the outlap that the car is now more suited to my driving style.

This is something I can work with, very well. Creating a good base setup from scratch is beyond me. It would be a total mess.

Skaven Zverov, ManroV and david m like this.
  5. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Yes, that certainly is a thing that will definitely help a lot, and lol, yes, our pit crew is still on vacation. Not for long! :D

Only thing that i miss, really, is the gear ratios :D Loved to tinker with those, but i understand that BP has them locked, sadly :)

One question, btw, can't figure out why only one tyre is getting hotter than others, at Monza. My front left is mostly 1 psi more than others, and can't seem to remedy that, i've tried higher psi, decrease toe, messing with camber, but i am not sure it worked :D Any ideas?

6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, lots of right turns on Monza, of course that means the left side tires get hotter and depending on load front/rear it's either none/front/back/both tyre(s) overheat if you push too hard.
    If it's the front tyre it's either because of the car (weight destribution) or maybe a setup issue or overdriving.

But in some circumstance it's just that you need to be more gentle to the hottest tyre.

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  7. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Thanks, i will look into it :)

8. rikirk

rikirk Racer

@Aristotelis
    Quick question, why some of the supplied set-up for the 488 shows higher bump vs rebound? Should those be inverted due to actual geometry?

9. can you explain going into details? I'm very interested!

10. MJP

MJP Racer

They're just 'settings' numbers, we don't know the actual damping values behind them. Also we don't know the transition speeds and if bump/rebound and fast/slow are different. GT3 cars don't have that much downforce so the overall rebound damping is probably greater but without the info I mentioned its just speculation on my part. Coming from something like AC/PCARS/rF where this sort of info is more readily available can seems somewhat annoying at first but the flip side is that you can really get overly bogged down too much with this stuff.

11. rikirk

rikirk Racer

They are inverted:
    bumper 488gt3.jpg
    Well I do like some transparency and possibly a calculator sheet rather than random numbers. After all simulation is what we are looking for.
    I understand there are NDAs in place, but the ratio should be the same.

12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Can someone please point me to where Aris explained the suspension graph in the setup screen?

13. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

14. mrleman

mrleman Rookie

@Aristotelis
    Can you please answer why some new cars at V1.0 release are having not correct setups for dampers and probably wheel/spring rates?
    For example, we have a new 2018 and old 2015 spec Bentley. In reality they have absolutely different suspension setups because they use different dampers. Regarding MY2015 there is no questions, suspension seem to be modeled accurate with it's Ohlins TTX40 dampers with 40 clicks on slow and 50 clicks on fast setups. While the new MY2018 received a Penske dampers with 22 clicks for both slow and fast setups.
    https://i83.servimg.com/u/f83/17/46/97/05/53625511.jpg
    But in game we have the same setup as on old spec car in terms of dampers tuning range.

Also noticed that Honda NSX using incorrect damper setup. Instead of Sachs dampers with 8 clicks in game we see same 40 and 50 which are characteristic to Ohlins dampers
    https://i83.servimg.com/u/f83/17/46/97/05/54008911.jpg

Aston Martin is having same sutiation as Honda.
    Actually, real car use Bilstein dampers with just 10 clicks, in game much more that 10 steps
    https://i83.servimg.com/u/f83/17/46/97/05/aston_11.jpg

Regarding overall garage setup at mechanical grip tab. What does it mean actually wheel rate value? Is that similar to "spring rate". As I saw at homologation bulletins, the cars are having only spring rates what can be tuned manually.

I allow that probably teams had prohibited to use some real values in game like in case with gearbox ratios that are hidden everywhere. Or someone cheated us or didnt actually looked at homologations. Please, clarify that situation!

Thanks in adavance for your reply!

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Tim Meuris, Chriss, Marceline and 4 others like this.
  15. steeltom

steeltom Rookie

Old setups from 0.7.2 can't be loaded, is this correct?

16. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

Hi one question
    Are the Setups Save/Agressive the same for every track, or are they different from track to track?

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Should be adapted to each track (note the different tyre pressures for example).

18. dbr93

dbr93 Gamer

I can confirm this,dampers are ‘fake’ ,how i know? Because the photos that mrlemans posted are taken by me at Paul Ricard lol
    Thoses are the first mistakes that we have find on the game,I think is a big mistake,because dampers are a important part of physics,and at the moment those value are so far from real..
    Already reported the lambo on past and it was fixed,hope this aswell
    Waiting in a Aristotelis reply,because if i can go on Bentley box and check how many clicks have the cars on dampers the AC guys have do it aswell..
    I don’t care about optimizations MP career and all others things that people’s complain about..
    What i want is to see any mistake on physics..

19. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

First of all calm down. We don't base physics on just going around the paddock and taking pictures.
    We ask the manufacturer for data and also try to get information from the client team running the car. Some times they collaborate, sometimes they don't.
    If the manufacturer is giving me the data and telling me "car is using ohlins" and it hanles me the graphs, then I'll use that. If I go to a race and the client team is using a different damper, I'll try to ask and see what I can get.
    The whole above scenario can happen the other way. The team might tell me and give me data, but the manufacturer won't.
    Or they can change mid season for whatever reason. There are cars that use different dampers from team to team. Most importantly, there are teams that use the same dampers but completely revalved in their own facilities...

The good news is we now have a very good amount of dyno data on dampers with various curves from various manufacturers. As you might suspect, the graphs are pretty similar between them, it's not that a damper manufacturer has solved a mystery that others can't. Of course, having say 40 clicks of ohlins (that work), instead of 8 or 10, is probably better (or in some cases worst) as a mean to setup the car. But I haven't yet seen a graph in those 8-10 clicks dampers that is not in the 40 clicks of the ohlins, so to say.

20. rikirk

rikirk Racer

@Aristotelis
    Hi, this is my third attempt to get your attention and have an answer about the bump/rebound values on the 488. Can you please explain why on the STD set-up they're sometimes inverted with bump even much higher than rebound? Appreciate your feedback and by the way thanks for opening the channels for the telemetry.