1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Talk about Raceroom Racing Experience R3E

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by SpriGgy, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Can anybody suggest a good setup for a Thrustmaster TX? I am really struggling to get a good feel from this game:(

2. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Must not necessarily be the wheel setup alone.

This explains the many ingame FFB options. LINK

See if you find here your wheel profile of choice. LINK

Using a G27 myself, I am quite happy with the default setups.

Keep in mind that in direct comparison to AC all race sims seem to lose a bit in felt feedback from the game. You simpyl compare to the best out there, in tis regard, so all others necessarily must lose to it. The question is if you find other positives in the other game that offer you subjective compensation. For some, RR does, for others it does not.

3. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

I bought this game yesterday and i started with the default setup with my TX wheel and i'm pretty happy with it. Still testing and changing some minor things here and there.

4. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

loving this game had it since VR & have now purchased all the cars & tracks.

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Havent watched it myself yet but can maybe help someone with settings

6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Fairness where fairness is due - since I voiced my criticism of the latest AI, I also had to readjust that a bit meanwhile:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...room-has-been-updated.7385/page-9#post-107756

My posting 165.

It depends on the cars you use, probably also on the tracks - and as some dude claims to have found, on the number of cars as well. from 30 on, the AI becomes dumber (fewer CPU cycles), and then again at around 60 cars. He claims if you want to stay safe from this phenomenon, run less than 30 cars.

I neither confirm nor deny, but just report this as a possible factor worth to be aware of at least.

---

Anderstorp being announced as the third Swedish track to come. Quite famous from GTR2 game - where I almost never used it...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    mms likes this.
  7. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

I hoping for knutstorp
    my personal favorite from STCC

8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Karlskoga Motorstadion released, for a very fair price. The location has the usual high visual quality one got used to from Raceroom. Its nice to drive with classical touring cars, modern WTCC, Audi TT Cup and Audi NSU.

A minor quick update fixing some things was released as well. March main update will come at the end of the month.

The cars I tried today all showed - finally - realistic full hand-wheel rotation animations (before they moved just 90° to both directions). Just cosmetical, but still very nice to have, together with the new cockpit display screens for many cars.

9. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

@Skybird Which cars? I've just tried the DTM 16' M4 and the 92' 190E and they still seem limited to 180º when showing hands. I've tried to increase to over 180º (or set to match car), but then it'd simply stop sooner at 90º for each side.

10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Uh-uh, my memory messed it up a little. That is because i bought the two missing open wheeler classes in my collection and drove these last. That memory then overlayed the touring cars I tried before.

All four open wheeler classes there are in Raceroom, have full wheel rotation for sure, I just checked it with every single one. They all have 360°C rotation, more or less like the "real" cars, therefore.

The closed cars I tried, however indeed still seem to be stuck with the limited 180° rotation animation. (Control range is bigger, but the animation does not show it).

Sorry for triggering false hopes on your side.

That Swedish track is a [censored] , btw. I find it extremely difficult to memorise and hit the the turns correctly, although it is no long track. I terribly suck at driving this track so far. The corner geometry and the general flow is extremely counter-intuitive. I simply do not get into any kind of "flow".

AlleyViper likes this.
  11. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

Z4 GT3 (can be used in GTR3 class and all ADAC seasons with it) and Spa are free to use during this weekend. It's an interesting chance to AB AC and R3E, or demo it.

12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Everytime there is a free to use in this game, it's an enlighten experience.

Mediocre FFB, passable physics, disconnections from server, no modding so no MR rating = havoc like D or W servers. Really good sounds will not save this catastrophe.

Everytime make me appreciate Assetto Corsa and force me to thank devs again for this awesome title.

LeDude83 likes this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

They are working on a official rating system so thats always something to look forward to.

14. Skybird

Skybird Alien

My playing-hours counter for Raceroom is catching up rapidly with that of Assetto Corsa. Race events and presentation of these have always been better, but even hotlapping sessions, for me traditionally the domain of Assetto Corsa, have been taken over by Raceroom now - in open wheelers, a car class that before I usually had almost no interest in. And that new Silverstone track of theirs is a gem.

The dramatic change in interest for me came with their new AI. To me that is the now most decisive difference between AC and RR. Its as if I have embarked on a new game genre.

Their multi player still is not optimal, however, I tested several servers recently, and always faced some micro lags when people joined or left servers. The audience on their public servers drives not better or worse than on AC's public servers, however, I had some god formation flights on trackdays at the Nordschleife.

15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

As much as I like some of the features of RR (sounds / advanced drive-train / race features), the car-handling is lacking and can't maintain my interest like AC/rF2/AMS can; it's better than Pcars handling but, still lacks that certain visceral quality that I need to keep me in the game. It's really about the combination of handling and FFB that makes a title work for my use and RR is one of three titles where I prefer the FFB using the AccuForce over the OSW but, it's still not quite enough to compete with the other titles mentioned.

Of course, what defines a great title personally is relative to comparison and I have no doubt that RR has some great attributes and ticks all the right boxes for some. Given enough time, I know we can adapt to vastly different handling & FFB characteristics so from that perspective, RR is a really good Racing Platform; more titles = more options to suit different preferences = good thing.

Traind likes this.
  16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

After a very long wait they finally - finally! - have released the BMW M6 GTR3. After their Indycar adaptation did not meet my taste, and Formula 3 also not really convincing me (not too much of a difference to the other lower classes there already were), this car finally made my father's son smile again. Its not "invulenrable" to drive (in fact I spinned a lot in the first laps at Silverstone), but it nevertheless feels great, feels material, heavy, like something having physical mass, I like it a lot. The sound is even for Raceroom standards brutally good, outstanding. And Alley Viper will love to learn that the driver's hands have a full 360° animation. The business model is what it is, and so is the price - live with it it or leave it. The car looks good, the skins are great, the individual display panel also is very nice.

This one is a winner. My new GTR3 favourite.

AlleyViper likes this.
  17. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

They've done something quite nice, and out of what I've seen lately regarding their business model. The M6 was directly added to the GTR3 pack, so anyone with the other GT3 cars will only spend 1.xx€ for the car with all liveries instead of 3.98€ w/ one livery (or 6.38€ for them all).
    Unfortunately when the last two tracks came out, they weren't added to the European Track pack forcing users to pay full solo price.

Great to see full steering hand animation, thanks for letting me know*. I'm looking forward the M6 GT3 (on both games), and some more of the R3E content I'm missing. Unfortunately for now I'll have to wait until the vibration problem on Xbox One Controllers is fixed, because that's a real game breaker for me on the PC I'm with ATM. In AC it's harder for me to play without vibration than without sound, as it transmits important hints about tyre load on powerful/rigid RWD cars and my main use for R3E is DTM and Group 5.

*On a gamepad having full steering animation isn't required, but something a bit more like 200-240º gives important visual feedback when dealing in the way is input is affected by non-linearity and speed sensitivity, so you know you're exaggerating input (causing understeer that way).

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  18. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Did not work for me.

19. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Because you can only re-buy a pack to get new contents once?

20. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

I got the car and all liveries as part of my GT3 pack for 185 vrp