1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Talk about that AI

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by piano.player, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Martin Keets

Martin Keets Rookie

The AI overtaking issue is the one thing keeping this title from being perfect imo.
    Such a shame we can't run multiple classes offline.
    Glad it's being worked on.

SoloWingX and Mogster like this.
  2. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

sometimes I think there is maybe too little "thought exchange" between two AI cars. The higher the difference in performance between two cars, the higher the "willingness" of the lower powered car to make room should be. It does work like this in LFS, a slow car (or in general teh car being overtaken) will try to make some room in corners. I mean if I were driving a Fiat 500 around the Ring, and had a 650S GT3 fly up in my rear view mirror, I WOULD make some room ;)

This ofc opens up all sorts of new problems, with you now having both participants of the manoeuvre away from the ideal line :confused: Maybe it needs more "cheating", more usage of things real life does not offer. Compare the sector times of cars, and up the willingness to make room of those at the bottom of the list. More "hand of god" handling of cars to conserve CPU time. A data pool for track elements like Eau Rogue or that wall at BCC, if a car crashes it sets a "flag" for all other AI to use, "warning, crashed here, substract 0.3m from left track limit" and so on.

Its an interesting topic to brainstorm about.

SoloWingX likes this.
  3. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

if this game had ai like rfactor(i.e. less cpu intensive and fun to race against) it would be the best game ever

instead of having an on rails ai percentage number for difficulty look at the parameters rfactor has

Nationality = Brasil
    DateofBirth = 25-4-1981
    Starts = 203
    Poles = 16
    Wins = 11
    DriversChampionships = 0
    Aggression = 100.0
    Composure = 80.0
    Speed = 80.0
    QualifySpeed = 80.0
    WetSpeed = 80.0
    StartSkill = 100.0
    Crash = 0.0
    Recovery = 100.0
    CompletedLaps = 100.0
    MinRacingSkill = 90.0

4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Continuing on my theme of flagging tracks that the AI works well on...

Driving road cars the AI works well at Vallelunga, maybe that's to be expected though... :D

I've passed and been re-passed by them, 2-3 times in a lap. Clean driving, no ramming, side by side door handling but that's OK and what we want to see imo in cars with a rof imo. The multi class thing is still there although maybe not as bad as at other tracks, so pick cars with similar performance.

Martin Keets likes this.
  5. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Is there a possibility for the AI to copy/mimic/build on, or load from your PB, ghosts etc.

I understand that this sounds pretty simple in theory, but i couldn't possibly imagine what it would take to impliment in a code sense.
    Or if that would even be possible right now.

I appologise if this or similar ideas/questions have been asked and already answered, as i'm just thinking aloud. :oops::)

Epistolarius likes this.
  6. everything is possible. .it's just a matter of time and thus, money :D

Ischemica, mms, detoit and 2 others like this.
  7. norbs

norbs Alien

Cant you just advertise some DLC for AC3?

Ischemica and paulieGTR like this.
  8. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

If you race AI using default setup its can be competitive depending on the track.

Some tracks probably need new AI lines, like the Spa line by Liski fixes lifting at Eau Rouge by AI.

I am looking forward to new AI improvements.

9. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

The only thing i look forward to seeing when i go into steam is: "new dlc for AC".
    Everything else is just... pointless. :)

10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Speaking of AI update, I probably mentioned this before but I'd like to note that the option to lock the AI into using all the per ai_setup defined setup options (namely turbo %, tyres and fuel that they set no matter what you set) would be really appreciated. It'd be one step towards more player control over "BoP" for balancing the AI field as well as AI strategies.

Eventually things like 'allowed/allocated tyres for session' and other such settings in the UI when creating a session would be great to see of course.

I also have a question about which session/track conditions are needed for AI to switch themselves to hard/super hard slicks. I don't recall having the AI ever choose something else than softest in qualifying and medium (or I suppose what is presumably the default compound) in the race - regardless of temperatures etc. Maybe I just didn't look properly, would be nice to know for sure though.

AccAkut likes this.
  11. OliW

OliW Racer

For me AI is so important that I would even buy a "Better AI DLC" !!!

pigsy, MsportDAN and detoit like this.
  12. Turk

Turk Alien

I like the direction Lord Kunos is taking with the AI as described in the other AI thread. It's a harder thing to achieve but it sounds like real artificial driving intelligence. The AI is not just following scripts but is driving intelligently and reacting to the sim in a similar manner to real drivers. This means long term the AI in AC could be a real selling point of the product.

I suppose one of the problem may be that the AI becomes too processor heavy the better they get but maybe that's something that could end up going server side in the future and you could pick AI personalities. At the moment as far as I can tell the AI doesn't have learning capacity, they can't have more or less experience because they all sort of clones of each other.

But I'm really excited about the possibilities of AC AI.

arthur666 and paulieGTR like this.
  13. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

That's the next DLC we're getting. It just happens to come with some cool new cars.

I loaded up a Nord Endurance trackday last night, with the 60 car mod. Oh, you should've seen the train that formed after a few laps. :eek:

Hope the update is a little better.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  14. rustygears73

rustygears73 Racer

i have to agree. the AI in AC is utterly frustrating. while we are on the subject: no damage modeling, no weather effects, absurd interface, and oh yea, it just happens to be the GREATEST RACING SIM FOR THE PC ON PLANET EARTH!!! there's irony for you.

15. So I guess according to your criteria Forza Horizon 3 is the best sim available. That's fine though, actual sims aren't for everybody, have fun with your drivatards.

chksix likes this.
  16. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Haha then you should really ask yourself why there's so many people playing it. I think that while you are correct about what AC does not have, it does have one fundamental thing: it drives so well. For a sim about cars, that's not a small feat. Plus, it's open to modders. Plus, it's got some of the most famous cars and tracks in it and they're simulated well. So, until a new sim comes on the market that has all that plus the features you want, well Assetto Corsa will stay one of the best out there. Here, the numbers from Steam (of course that's PC version):
    upload_2017-5-12_11-25-48.png upload_2017-5-12_11-27-20.png

Andrew_WOT and arthur666 like this.
  17. Snooky

Snooky Racer

its because they probably all race online dude...oh and there are enough sims out there which fullfill your demands so there is no need to glue to AC forever.

18. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thread renamed to something less stupid and poorly programmed.

Dookie, Mogster, Ischemica and 11 others like this.
  19. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Nice 1... :)

20. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Can someone point me to the other thread please? cheers :)