1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Terrible frame rate and screen tearing

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Alex delooze, Aug 27, 2016.

1. BASE

BASE Rookie

I kind of agree with you that the replays look good, but it is actually the transfer from incar/driving to replay that annoys me. It seems like a lot of info in the replays then goes missing because of framerate and screentearing. Have seen a few videos of the PC version, and it is much nicer to look at. Also just want to add, to also say positive things - I do not use a steeringwheel when driving, so I only have the controller, and I think the thumbstick feel is perfect. Almost every other game feel like on/off when steering, but here you have a good analog feeling.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  2. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

I played this game for the first time last night and I experienced the same problems that the OP mentioned.

The stuttering and screen tearing are very bad on the PS4, it's very off-putting to say the least.

The ffb and physics are excellent though.

3. BASE

BASE Rookie

Had a go again, just to actually see if I am just beeing difficult. But, what can I say. How can you even put a game out like this. The replays are just stupid, and if you take your work seriously, issues like this should not exist.? I know these guys just want our money, but hey, release it when the game can be enjoyed. I really thought this was the game for carlovers and people that did not even think about Need for Speed, but there is nothing in it that keeps me going. Update please, or it is just another waste of money.

4. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

After the PS4 System update yesterday the tearing seems to be gone for the most part (at least the tracks/cars I used this morning). Frame rate basically unchanged though.
    They did some graphics updates on the ps4 and I guess it has been helping a few games.

L2D_Gopher and John Gordon like this.
  5. Chicolini

Chicolini Rookie

Tearing seems indeed to be reduced since 4.00, altough to be sure you need to make a direct comparison. However, it's still there at some occasions but less annoying than before in my opinion. Can't wait for the next major update and curious about the full list of fixes it brings.

Spitfire77 likes this.
  6. BASE

BASE Rookie

This is good news! If they can get on top of these problems, I will play this game alot.

7. BASE

BASE Rookie

Hope they have not given up on framerates yet. Still the framerates drops to much in replays. DTM on "the green hell" with static camera in replays is stunning, but framerates takes away the magic :(

8. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Even after the update the framerate drops are still quite bad at times, not unplayable but certainly visible and it can at times be quite hard to control the car when it drops to low.

9. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

After watching the review video of the update (digital foundry?) - it sounds like all Kunos did was add some buffering and turn on V-Sync. So they flipped a few options on. I guess you could call that optimization.. If you watch the videos they show that the frame rate is not improved.

I also see the huge stutter still after making contact (yeah I know don't hit people then).

That said - It is for sure better for me with this patch. I do not have fast enough reflexes to notice the minor increase in frame lag. And the screen tearing was irritating.

My trick is, now that I am used to the 45fps 'ish avg framerate of AC, I just won't play any racing games that are a solid 60fps and I will be happy. I remember switching back and forth between GT6 and the older Dirt games on ps3 and it would mess with me going from 60fps to 30fps.

Honestly if they can get rid of those bad frame drops that are still there at times, for me the graphics are set on AC.

10. BASE

BASE Rookie

Yeah, the graphics is good enough. Now we need it to flow;)