1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

TH8rs PS4 FINALLY FOUND A WORK AROUND!

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by djblitzkrieg, Oct 7, 2016.

1. djblitzkrieg

djblitzkrieg Rookie

Start ps4
    plug in wheel to console
    DON'T plug in the shifter. Make sure it is in sequential mode! (very important)
    start game
    once in the main menu plug the shifter in
    Select a car with a seq shifter like the convertible lotus thinggy on the top left. (sorry don't know the name)
    Go to a track, clutch in, select gear and go.
    exit to main menu.
    keep the shifter plugged in whilst you change it to a manual plate.
    voila it will work!

ps. update the shifter firmware.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room How can i set up my G25 with TH8rs shifter? Sep 27, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues TH8RS tensioning Oct 20, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Cannot shift using paddles on Stickshift Cars after removing th8RS shifter Oct 1, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions TH8RS PROBLEM Feb 22, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions finally got th8rs working again. Sep 7, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Playstation 4 TH8RS steps taken with no success thread Sep 5, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions software glitch of TH8RS H-shifter Aug 28, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions MY TH8RS H-shifter doesn't work in AC Aug 28, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Th8rs shifter- can't assign up/down shift with sequential Jul 17, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Th8rs shifter issue Jan 2, 2015
    Chit Chat Room No th8rs, what shifter is there to buy? Nov 14, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Th8rs shifter Oct 29, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Th8rs (glance backwards) = 1st gear Aug 3, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Th8rs not working on track Jun 23, 2014
    Chit Chat Room FANATEC CSS vs. Thrustmaster TH8RS??? Your Opinion Please... Apr 14, 2014

3. djblitzkrieg

djblitzkrieg Rookie

FORGOT TO MENTION, always plug the shifter into a usb hub. Thrustmaster even tells you to do so. I don't know why all these people keep saying 'plug it in the base bro'

4. Suffolk-Wal

Suffolk-Wal Gamer

Mine has been working as it should plugged into wheel since last update, i plug everything thing in start up ps4 and all works

5. djblitzkrieg

djblitzkrieg Rookie

this is getting a little old now. For the last time THE TH8rs DOES NOT PLUG INTO A WHEEL!

6. Suffolk-Wal

Suffolk-Wal Gamer

But its working so why not

7. albags

albags Rookie

been covered 1000 times ...

The best fix is this :

Plug T500RS into USB closest to disc tray
    Plug TH8RS into other USB
    power up PS4
    hover over the game icon
    place shifter into 1st gear
    launch game
    leave in 1st gear until you are actually in a race.

EASY as that.

8. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

Just plug it into the wheel, and you're good to go!
    ;)

9. Suffolk-Wal

Suffolk-Wal Gamer

Idiot, bit harsh, if you look at his signature says t300rs. So that's obviously what he was quoting on.

10. Doppelganger

Doppelganger Rookie

We're all car enthusiasts here trading knowledge and tips. Why is there always someone to come in here and feel the need to insult people in their post. We can debate and disagree but harsh comments are not mandatory. We're not on Youtube comment section with retard teenagers going at eachother so please...

11. Michele

Michele Rookie

hello

i have to race trim ps4

i have problems with my th8rs, it does not work more '.

with other games (gt6, dirt rally, cars project) work properly!

only cars with h-shift not work, i get it off settings from returning to work.

i have tried to reseat the game, it worked the first two times now still not work.

i have tried to reset the settings of flying but nothing ...

i have launched before a game where it operates and then launch planning travel ... nothing!

i have access to play with the change in first gear ... nothing!

what can i do?

can 'be a problem of the game file?

i look news

thank you!!

michele

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2017
  12. Basquiat

Basquiat Gamer

Michele, se lo riscrivi in italiano te lo traduco io, non si capisce una sega loooll

13. Michele

Michele Rookie

Basquiat troppo gentile! il mio inglese come vedi fa pena:D se ci becchiamo su qualche autodromo hai una bevuta pagata!;)
    Io gioco con AC con la PS4, T500RS+TH8RS
    Il mio problema e' nato dopo l'aggiornamento al Japan Pack, il TH8RS ha smesso di funzionare...se scelgo le auto con shift H non funzionano, non entrano le marce, rimangono al minimo in pitlane, le auto con cambio sequenziale funzionano correttamente, devo spengere il cambio dalle impostazioni del volante per tornare a giocare con tutte le auto.
    Il TH8RS con tutti gli altri giochi funziona es. GT6, DIRT RALLY, PROJECT CARS
    Ho fatto tutte le prove dei vari forum...
    Il difetto avveniva dopo l'aggiornamento, le prime volte disinstallavo il gioco dalla PS4 e lo re installavo, e tornava a funzionare...dopo l'aggiornamento al Porsche Pack 2 non ha più funzionato
    Ho provato a giocare prima a Project Cars utilizzando il TH8RS per poi lanciare AC sperando funzionasse ma non era così
    Ho accesso al gioco con il cambio in Prima Marcia ma ancora nulla
    Ho provato a reimpostare tutte le impostazioni del volante tramite il gioco e non ha funzionato nemmeno questo

Perdonatemi per il mio inglese e per il blocco tastiera acceso:oops:
    E' la prima volta che mi iscrivo ad un forum abbiate pazienza:)
    Vorrei solo tornare a godermi AC

Grazie!!!
    Michele

14. Basquiat

Basquiat Gamer

So, basically the TH8 shifter stopped working since Japan Pack's release
    Uninstalling and reinstalling the game seemed to work at first, but with PP2's update it stopped working completely
    He's tried everything he could, like entering the game with first gear engaged and other solutions found on forums and nothing changed
    I have a TH8 myself and never had such an issue, any ideas guys?
    The shifter works fine with any other game he says, I really don't have a clue...

Forse qualcuno sa come aiutarti, io non saprei cosa dirti sinceramente, anch'io ho il TH8A e funziona perfettamente...
    Ciao!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Michele and Ravellron like this.
  15. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

Da quanto tempo possiedi il cambio? io fossi in te proverei ad aggiornare il firmware del cambio da pc.

Basquiat likes this.
  16. Michele

Michele Rookie

Grazie ragazzi!!
    Il cambio sono diversi anni oramai...
    Provo a vedere se va aggiornato

Basquiat likes this.
  17. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

forse risolvi perché non è compatibile con ps4 questa versione, alcuni dicono di utilizzare la PRIMA porta usb della ps4 per collegare direttamente questo cambio.

18. Michele

Michele Rookie

questa prova la devo ancora fare...
    però se vai sul sito della Thrustmaster c'è scritto che il cambio è compatibile con il gioco...addirittura ho visto hanno aggiornato la lista con giochi che devono ancora uscire
    ho visto c'è un aggiornamento da fare...spero che quando lo faccio tutto si risolva