1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic The Future

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Daz730, Jan 30, 2017.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

True it has lot of other good, but not in where it matters most. If pCars 2 is good I will definitely buy it, never know. But not holding my breath.

2. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

As I said in my original post it could be argued its not a true sim there is no arguing that Pcars will outsell AC by a absolute mile mainly due to the massive amount of features available, Pcars 2 is having the tire model revamped and hopefully they will tweak the physics engine , as for Dirt Rally many people try this sim and try to drive the cars like a circuit car , it won't work like that a rally car is completely different even on tarmac , when you have a former British Rally Champion saying its the nearest thing he's tried to the real thing I would be inclined to believe him

3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Outsell yeah, good graphics interest wider audience than good physics. Easy to sell a game like that, people see videos and think it is something awesome they need to get. Physics and FFB aren't visible in videos and trailers, so AC never look as impressive as pCars for someone checking trailers about it, who isn't really a car enthusiast but more of a gamer. Many console reviewers didn't even test with a wheel or know what they were talking about, so AC got quite mediocre reviews (which affect sales a LOT). I don't see point in even buying (and especially reviewing) AC unless you have a wheel. Because it's all in the handling.

And what it comes to DiRT Rally, if someone says the tarmac handling is realistic, he's been paid. It's pretty common consensus in sim racing community, the tarmac handling just plain sucks. It just doesn't feel connected to road in plausible way, while on gravel it does. It was the main physics complaint in Inside Sim Racing review (probably biggest YouTube channel devoted to only racing sims), for example where they called it terrible.

Next free car in AC will be a rally car, so you can check how they should handle on tarmac ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Icky427, Tomcul, @P73 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

This is based on their opinion like I said " if its good enough for a British Rally champion " its good enough for me , I respect the opinion of the guys you mention but have they actually driven a WRC car flat out on tarmac to base that view on ? Actually really looking toward to the Audi , I've been lucky enough to see this car driven in anger a few times and the sound makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up

bradleyland and Maxx69 like this.
  5. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Here is kris Meeke saying Dirt 3 feels realistic

Dirt Rally on tarmac is just as simulation as Driveclub. I dont care what that rally driver says when on tarmac Dirt Rally feels completely unrealistic and light years from a benchmark in the matter like Assetto. Clearly that bristish champion has not proved SLRE, Automobilista or RBR or has been paid like @ShredatorFIN is saying.

pippo10, @P73 and ShredatorFIN like this.
  6. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Dirt 3 was a simcade and nothing like Dirt Rally , I'm pleased to hear you are obviously more knowledgeable and qualified to comment on rally physics than somebody that does it for a living, as I have already pointed out there is no point in trying to compare a rally sim to AC its a completely different discipline

Maxx69 likes this.
  7. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Did you read my comment? Im afraid not.

You have there Kris Meeke saying Dirt 3 is realistic, when we all know that is very far from being true. That rally driver you are saying has been paid or have no knowledge about rally sims.

And because AC and Dirt Rally are different disciplines you can't compare the tarmac physics? o_O No problem, in a month when they release the S1 E2 you'll have no excuses anymore to negate what already is the evidence.

pippo10 likes this.
  8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

You missed his point. Despite Dirt 3 being arcade, there was Rally driver who said it's realistic. Maybe he was paid, or maybe he had no comparison point (actual sims). Here you can see some marketing BS by several pro drivers, about pCars: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/testimonials.html

So, you can always find someone who will say that. Take it with grain of salt.

Larryf1951 and @P73 like this.
  9. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Maybe he had no comparison point !!!! He is a WRC professional driver how can he not have a comparison , I miss read your first point about Dirt 3 however I still make the point that Dirt Rally is not Dirt 3 , as I have already said I look toward to the Audi's introduction into AC very much , we will see what it feels like , but I do stand by my point that we as Sim users cannot make an accurate judgment on whether something is right or wrong unless any of us have actually driven any of the vehicles

10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

For the love of God, you actually read just 3 words of messages other people write, before writing your own? I give up

11. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

I completely agree with your point about Kris Meeke he was obviously on the pay roll , I was just pointing out that he is a current WRC driver and should no what he's talking about better than any of us a sim is a simulation which cannot fully convey a true driving experience

12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Whilst I believe you about Rally drivers saying DR is realistic as I have seen it myself too, show me where they were actually referring to tarmac, I bet they were strictly talking about gravel and likely didn't even try tarmac. Tarmac is terrible in DR and it doesn't matter if it's a rally car or race car, tarmac should still feel the same.

@P73 and SlimCharles like this.
  13. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

paul_wev, DatNoiseV12 and SlimCharles like this.
  14. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  15. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Get your tin hat on mate. People have been publicly shot in these forums for making such "ridiculous" claims!

paul_wev and Daz730 like this.
  16. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

The more sims the better, especially as they all look different even if they have the same content.

Daz730 and paul_wev like this.
  17. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Edit: Found some gameplay footage on Youtube:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    DatNoiseV12 and paul_wev like this.
  18. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

paul_wev likes this.
  19. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Looks like they fixed the shy AI.
    Really excited by this. Could be the one we've been waiting for.

paul_wev likes this.
  20. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Excellent new pCARS2 article over on IGN:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/02/13/project-cars-2-taking-the-fight-to-forza-gran-turismo

3 things really caught my attention:

- handling that is realistic, not difficult for the sake of being difficult. They really talk up the ability to push the cars and handle them over the limit.
    - Championships organised within the game - no need for all the usual nonsense that goes with joining externally hosted race leagues.
    - Competitive race licence - this is the big one for me if this works as described it will be remarkable.

The competitive racing licence will track how you race in Project CARS 2 and is made up of three elements: your racecraft (basically how professional you are, and it will be impacted when you’re involved in accidents, cut the track, and ignore rules or flags), your ranking (an Elo rating determined by your performances against other players), and finally an indicator of your seniority based on how long you’ve been playing.

“On a very basic surface level it removes toxic behaviour from the game, which is extremely important,” says Tudor. “It means that when you go into a game you’re not going to be playing with people who are not of the same competitiveness to you, and are not being griefers.”

bradleyland, Larryf1951 and paul_wev like this.