1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic The Future

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Daz730, Jan 30, 2017.

1. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

They stated that physics have been completely reworked and "improved". Now words like "good", "improved" etc. are absolutely relative. I'm wondering what they mean with "improved". Does it mean the handling is easier and more forgiving? Or maybe the contrary? I'm not entirely sure. I really hope they stick a little bit to their previous model. I really liked it. Also the collision model was spot on, even if some say cars would stick together like they were glued. I never experienced that, maybe because I'm an extreme no contact racing kind of guy so I had very few collisions.

Watched a few Dirt 4 streams and it seems they also changed something. Before it was very difficult to get a good run in Sweden because even a tiny little contact with the snow banks on the sides of the track would slow you down and most of the times spin out as well. This doesn't happen anymore. It's easier now and more forgiving. I have no idea if it's more realistic now, but I doubt it tbf.

2. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

The glue effect is very real and it's probably what I hate the worst about PCars1. You can't follow too closely into a corner because if there is the slightest contact with the car in front, you become hooked to him and can't break free until you are usually both off the track.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  3. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I agree with you: what does it mean "improved"? if it means more adherent to reality that is ok. If it means more "arcade" than for me it is only bull****. Everybody know the strenghness of the 1st PCars as track roster, variable weather conditions, career single player meanwhile AC is much stronger for physics model, online and now also championship configuration (the best I ever seen). If PCars want really improve must get closer to AC physics model. For moment there are only words and marketing. Let's see what will come out.

paul_wev likes this.
  4. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

I really never experienced that. I prefer to back off instead of making strange moves risking to ruin someone's race. I also didn't experience other bugs like invisible walls or land mines. I must've been just lucky. Anyway, Let's hope they can sort these things out.

I don't think they're going to implement anything "arcadey" to their game. Why should they? If they're really going to develop a similar physics system as AC, they need to sort out the collision model, which causes car parts to not absorb kinetic energy properly just throwing it back. Your car usually ends up in some kind of swan lake ballet. Not a big fan of this tbf.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  5. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

I never race online, the glue effect I feel is with the AI. I never had the land mines or invisible walls either.

rich1e I likes this.
  6. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

It's strange because when I happened to have contact with another car I should've felt this effect as well. Is it maybe a single player issue? Try racing online as well man. It's an interesting feeling when you race other people. Sometimes you even get to race some monkeys as well lol (actually calling a griefer a monkey is an insult to all monkeys out there!)

7. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Online is just as bad, Only play online and we call it magnetic cars.

rich1e I and Jezza819 like this.
  8. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I want to mean "in the case" the development direction is more oriented to an easy user approach I will not like it. If you look around the web you can find some articles where SMS put in competition PCars 2 with GT Sport and Forza which are not really pure simulations. This is the reason of my doubts about physics model. Regarding the bad collision model you are right but also the tyres model is a little too permissive. Anyway I consder it a nice game but prefere AC much more.

rich1e I likes this.
  9. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

Here's a nice little podcast from the F4H guys with Joe Barron from SMS as special guest. At minute 17:58 they start discussing the glue effect issue.

MaxStrong01 likes this.
  10. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

More details released about the Porsche lineup in Project CARS 2:
    Porsche comes to Project CARS 2 with 11 cars ready to deliver all the thrills from one of the world’s leading brands, along with the passion and intricate authenticity that underpins the Project CARS franchise …
    With the Porsche brand now proudly joining the franchise, Project CARS has taken another definitive step in solidifying its reputation as the most authentic motorsport racing game in the world. The 11 Porsche cars that will come with Project CARS 2 have been carefully curated to represent many of the most iconic vehicles ever created by this legendary German automaker. With technical assistance from Porsche factory driver, Patrick Long—as documented in the film BUILT BY DRIVERS – “Porsche Passion” that shows how the two-time-Le Mans and Daytona winner tested cars in-game—the Project CARS 2-bound Porsches will challenge you with their performance, and inspire you with their history.
    Feel the weight of that singular history with the dominant Porsche 935, capture Le Mans glory with the GT1-98, relive the golden age of sportscar racing with the Porsche 936, and drive the greatest sportscar of them all, the all-winning, all-conquering 962C.
    Capture the present and race the new Porsche 911 GT3 R and RS, discover why the 918 Spyder is one of the most coveted road cars ever built, and find the limits of the scintillating new Cayman GT4 Clubsport. Complete with dozens of period-specific liveries such as Martini Racing, and Momo, Porsche in Project CARS 2 represents the brand in all its storied glory.
    Project CARS 2 will be released Late 2017 for the PlayStation 4 system, Xbox One, and PC with the:

911 GT1-98
    911 GT3 R (991)
    911 GT3 R Endurance (991)
    911 GT3 RS
    918 Spyder
    935/77
    935/80
    936 Spyder
    962C
    962C Langheck
    Cayman GT4 Clubsport

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

Porsche is ever welcome everywhere
    Porsche is ever welcome everywhere. It seems I already seen a similar car list somewhere but I am not able to remember where... it seems it is coming up an interesting game

12. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

E3 trailer from Project C.A.R.S 2 and launch date: 22 September 2017!

13. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

F40 IMSA GT, 365 Competizione and R390 GT1. Just...Wow.

Donnced2 and pippo10 like this.
  14. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

SMS really want to hit it out of the park huh? You have codemasters giving us scraps with Dirt4 just so they can put RX and landrush on the box, then SMS are like nah this is how you do it, have the whole world! Hats off.

Plus side to this is Kunos have to come up with something for the inevitable sequel to Assetto Corsa. Give us a way to make our own tracks, no randomizing etc. And right there is your major selling point for AC 2.

15. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

Let's see if they can hit that launch date. I was thinking it might be more towards Christmas. I might roll the dice and preorder it anyway.

bradleyland and svenvangent like this.
  16. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well... I hope that it won't delay because the launch day is my birthday :)
    So it will be a great day and "present":p

I did my preorder quite more than a month ago... I really enjoyed a lot their first game (and still enjoy it) and that makes Pcars 2 a must buy from day one.

paul_wev likes this.
  17. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

For me on PS4 I liked to play the arcadis/sim PCars but after 9 months waiting and hoping they could fix the landmines invisibly walls grinding of the steering wheel and more bugs I stopped to play there game to never touch it again .
    The question for me is will there be the same bugs in PCars 2 like in PCars 1 .
    Only Time will tell but I won't be pre ordering it or bye it on launch day no way , but I know Donnced2 you will give us a true opinion/review for PS4 I hope .

Donnced2 and paul_wev like this.
  18. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, no more sim-racing title pre-orders for me. There's just too much to go wrong. A big thanks to all the folks willing to run headfirst into battle though :)

svenvangent likes this.
  19. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, the first title was delayed more than once, so It could happen again. We'll see.
    And as others have already said, I'm certainly not gonna jump on it at day one. I need to see if the overall experience (pad feeling, AI, sounds etc.) is improved over Project CARS 1 or not.

svenvangent and Jezza819 like this.
  20. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

A delay will be almost sure I would be very surprised if it hits the 22 of September .