1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The Lap Time Comparison Thread (cars up to 1999)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andy-R, Oct 26, 2016.

1. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Amazing, and thanks for the vid ! :)

That was pretty fast, I guess tire noise would help a bit, maybe could get under 1'32 then, would be about the right laptime, I guess. Yeah, Hobbs probably was on the alien level, his best laptime was 2.4 seconds faster than R.Attwood's.

Edit: Ninjad by Aphidgod :D

Andy-R and aphidgod like this.
  2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

yeah 32's at 100% grip i could see happening but not at 97-98%!!

3. Just a note that the F1 Longtail IRL was far faster than the car we have in AC (the 1996 Short Tail), not quite a fair comparison.

DaveS78 and Andy-R like this.
  4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

thanks, so 1996 was the short tail :) i will remove the 97 times. im wondering if the 935/78-81 is a bit too fast as well, at Mugello it seems similar to the 1978 car, i did a few laps and was in 56's and the RL 81 is 55's but Vallelunga Classic time seems a bit much for our car... unless someone proves me wrong :D
    Edit: the Vallelunga time was in the 935/78 not the 935/78-81

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  5. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Ok, that GT40 lap @ Silverstone was a Group 4 car, meaning a 4.7L Mk1. Very, very similar to the car we have in AC.

Andy-R likes this.
  6. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

did it definitely have the narrower tyres?

7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

DaveS78 likes this.
  9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

10. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

The closest I can get so far (with the default setup) with the 917/30 on Riverside short is a 1:17. I don't see how someone has gotten a 1:12 or so, lol.

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I had RSR running, you cant see it on the website but can if you open the app whilst on track with that car. Im sure 1:10 is possible in AC. My lap was pretty untidy with poor drive off the corners and the odd poor entry. I was 0.6 up on one of my laps but crashed :D the car is so fast that slightly better traction can gain you .5, you can win or lose by large margins in this thing!

The one i couldnt get anywhere near is Ickx at Vallelunga Classic in the 935/78.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  12. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

^ I saw the video, lap is legit. And yeah, maybe you left a couple tenths on the table. But 2 sec? That's gotta be an almost perfect lap.

DaveS78 and Andy-R like this.
  13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I was keeping that video unlisted as its a pretty scrappy looking lap but hey ho here it is :p
    I didnt save my best lap but this 1 was only 0.3 off.
    Going by this:
    [​IMG]
    Entry into turn 7 was pretty bad and exit out of 6 and onto the back straight could certainly be improved. When I was 0.6 up I think I gained it all through turn 6 so add to that a decent exit onto the back straight and faster speed all the way to 9 and you'd probably be into the 10's. Oh and on quite a few tries i'd get a handy little oversteer through the final turn in 3rd but it didnt happen on this lap and i missed the apex completely.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Emerson, DaveS78 and aphidgod like this.
  14. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

I have connections. ;)

T6 exit is where I always lose time in it.

Andy-R likes this.
  15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

updated with current RSR lap times for PP2 cars

17. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

Which version of the Nordschleife did Bellof run the 6:11 lap? I'm guessing it was the non-tourist layout?

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  18. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I guess it was short tail in Nords ?

Edit: Maybe it was 956.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  19. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

It was the 956.

20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Anyone know what the differences were between the IMSA 962 and Group C 962C? (i was thinking of adding the Riverside lap times for the 962)